ICS update soon?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do yall think ics for the razr will have screenshot capabilities?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Some one at the site the leak was posted says it does with an example. And if some don't already know the thread with the leak was locked.

I agree with that decision....folks need to be patient and wait for the more knowledge folks make it easier, safer to install.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
Did you erase all of your apps when you upgraded or did the upgrade erase them automatically?

In my particular case I let the update just do its thing and after it finished rebooting all of my apps plus data were still present. Most of my apps are business in nature so none gave me any issues. In addition my TF101 has not had any of the issues others hve reports. The solution in most cases when issues did arise was to remove all of the applications and load them back one at a time to find the offending app.

Reaction score
Some one at the site the leak was posted says it does with an example. And if some don't already know the thread with the leak was locked.

I agree with that decision....folks need to be patient and wait for the more knowledge folks make it easier, safer to install.

The problem is that simply locking the thread does not change anything. The information is still there for anyone to I use and try themselves. If they really wanted to prevent users from having issues, they would erase the thread. Locking it just prevents users from posting their experiences and asking questions. Or forces users to create a new thread on the subject when forums are always complaining about multiple threads.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

Gleason81

Reaction score
I called Verizon tonight to complain about the 3g/4g data loss on my 2 day old Razr. My wife has had hers for about 5 days and has the same issue. Here was the convo.

Me: I have had this phone replaced once by BestBuy Mobile and I am having the same issues with the phone.
Techie: Have you tried....
Me Interupting: Yes....I have done a factory reset, Airplane mode on and Off, 3g only, 3g and 4g, no wifi, satellite off....yes I have done everything you are about to tell me to do.
Techie: Let me read some more information here....
Me: This seems to be an issue across the board with the Razr and some of the other 4G Droid devices.
Techie: I have not heard of any issue with the Droid lineup. I will just be one more moment, I am reading some notes.
(After a long silence)
Techie: I am reading that there are issues with Data Connectivity. At the current time we cannot do any warranty replacements and are being told to wait until the RAZR update rolls out in the middle of April.
Me: Well I would not accept a warranty replacement due to the fact that I would get a used device that was probably returned due to the same issues I am having right now.
Techie: I understand sir.
Me: Obviously not because you are telling me that the 156 MB of data I have used in the last month is ok. Also...you are stating that I have to wait until the middle of april for an update that might not fix the issue and put me outside of my replacement date.
Techie: You can always contact Motorolla...
Me: *Facepalm* Guess I will wait until april...
Techie: Motorola has set a date in the middle of April for the update to go live. We have been told that this will fix the issues with 3g/4g connectivity.
Me: I doubt it...But I guess there is nothing else you can do for me.
Techie: Not at this time but I can look at your bill...
Me Interupting: I am good, I am worried about my phone not the bill full of highway robbery. Thanks
*Disconnect*

So either this chick is full of BS and wanted to end the call or something is happening this month. I hope something is happening...I don't want Sprint. :icon_evil:

Not sure what this thread has to do with ICS. Sensing it's an April Fool's thing. Motorola's website indicates nothing about ICS coming as soon as April. In fact, doesn't look like it will be for awhile. Just saying...

Androidatic

Reaction score
Not sure what this thread has to do with ICS. Sensing it's an April Fool's thing. Motorola's website indicates nothing about ICS coming as soon as April. In fact, doesn't look like it will be for awhile. Just saying...

Soak test emails have gone out. We should be getting the download this week. Based on all of the info coming out, it appears that this will be ICS.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The problem is that simply locking the thread does not change anything. The information is still there for anyone to I use and try themselves. If they really wanted to prevent users from having issues, they would erase the thread. Locking it just prevents users from posting their experiences and asking questions. Or forces users to create a new thread on the subject when forums are always complaining about multiple threads.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

I agree. Locking is counterproductive. If someone wants the leaked version there are a myriad of sites mirroring it now. So now instead of being able to learn from others, they are forced to go it alone. Frankly in my opinion it was done to remove them from the blame and it's selfish on their part. Instead they should devote the thread to finding the solution and learning from each other. Score...Droidforums - 1, DroidRZR - 0.

naknak95

Reaction score
From what I understand, the new ICS update will be available for the Droid Razr and Razr MAXX on Wednesday, April 4.

naknak95

Reaction score
It's a waiting game. We ALL have our fingers crossed!! :happy3:

There was a spoiler on BestBuy's website. Here's the picture. razr-update-bb.jpg

huskur

Reaction score
ICS would be a nice treat! Now if 4G would just hit my area! I had it for 5 hours on March 26th here in my home town. 10 miles north of me has 4G and 18 miles south of me has it. I guess its just a matter of time :(

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
ICS would be a nice treat! Now if 4G would just hit my area! I had it for 5 hours on March 26th here in my home town. 10 miles north of me has 4G and 18 miles south of me has it. I guess its just a matter of time :(

They were likely aligning tower antennas. Have you looked up your address on the map to see how close it is and whether you are in the Extended Coverage area or not? The link is 4G LTE Network | Verizon Wireless. Put your home address into the boxes in the lower left, then click "Am I Covered". Then click the "View Map" that appears in the same spot. You can zoom in and out on the map. If you are in Dark RED, it means you are outside the reach of the standard towers but within reach of the Extended Coverage towers which send signals in certain directions with "beam" antennas (typically YAGI style, or H & E Plane - see below).
YAGI1.jpgYAGI2.jpg

H & E Plane Antennas.jpg

DEEP BURGUNDY means you are inside the standard tower coverage (a standard TRIAD configuration - see below).

YAGI Cellular Antenna.jpgTRIAD configuration.jpg

Esimn78

Reaction score
When all the towers get switched over to 4g is when the problem will be solved. ICS might make it better but will not solve it completely

GotnFX

Reaction score
The update hasn't even gone out to the soak testers yet, so dont hold your breath for a Wed launch! ;o)

So none of the soak testers got the update yet? The e-mails were sent out last week. I'd assume Moto or whomever is pushing it would want feedback. Can anyone confirm that they did receive the update and is part of the soak test?