ICS update soon?

Racingglock35

Reaction score
I called Verizon tonight to complain about the 3g/4g data loss on my 2 day old Razr. My wife has had hers for about 5 days and has the same issue. Here was the convo.

Me: I have had this phone replaced once by BestBuy Mobile and I am having the same issues with the phone.
Techie: Have you tried....
Me Interupting: Yes....I have done a factory reset, Airplane mode on and Off, 3g only, 3g and 4g, no wifi, satellite off....yes I have done everything you are about to tell me to do.
Techie: Let me read some more information here....
Me: This seems to be an issue across the board with the Razr and some of the other 4G Droid devices.
Techie: I have not heard of any issue with the Droid lineup. I will just be one more moment, I am reading some notes.
(After a long silence)
Techie: I am reading that there are issues with Data Connectivity. At the current time we cannot do any warranty replacements and are being told to wait until the RAZR update rolls out in the middle of April.
Me: Well I would not accept a warranty replacement due to the fact that I would get a used device that was probably returned due to the same issues I am having right now.
Techie: I understand sir.
Me: Obviously not because you are telling me that the 156 MB of data I have used in the last month is ok. Also...you are stating that I have to wait until the middle of april for an update that might not fix the issue and put me outside of my replacement date.
Techie: You can always contact Motorolla...
Me: *Facepalm* Guess I will wait until april...
Techie: Motorola has set a date in the middle of April for the update to go live. We have been told that this will fix the issues with 3g/4g connectivity.
Me: I doubt it...But I guess there is nothing else you can do for me.
Techie: Not at this time but I can look at your bill...
Me Interupting: I am good, I am worried about my phone not the bill full of highway robbery. Thanks
*Disconnect*

So either this chick is full of BS and wanted to end the call or something is happening this month. I hope something is happening...I don't want Sprint. :icon_evil:

Chukee

Reaction score
By the looks of it you really didnt want the help of the person on the other end because you interrupted the rep soon as they understood your problem and tried to assist you. Yes i know you did all the trouble shooting on your own but the rep did attempt to help. Remember you called them for help. When you press a rep and not let them assist you they will try and get you off the phone and move on to the next person that needs help so i wouldnt put to much faith in on that reps info.

These data drops have been happening ever since verizon started turning on 4g. It even did it with my thunderbolt. And others have been getting data drops on other phones as well. I believe this is going to keep happening untill verizon get all the bugs out of their network.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
R

Racingglock35

Reaction score
I did forget to mention this was my second RAZR in 2 weeks and my 8th phone call. I interupted because the calls are scripted. I did not call for help...I called to put the money I pay each month to use since I don't get my data. I pay an extra 30 bucks a month for 4 gigs and have only gotten to use 168 mb's. But hopefully they figure this out....:biggrin:

furbymac

Reaction score
Last time I called they said it was because I was to far away from a certain tower. And 4g travels threw walls better because it has more bandwidth. This was from a "tear 3" tech agent.....I now have no faith in what anyone from Verizon says.

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
Have you leveled up in your calls to tech support? or just first tier? I doubt it is a problem with the phone but more of a problem in the area... have you traveled outside your regular area?

do you have any apps that would disconnect the data? Battery savers etc? *ducks*

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
My Rezound drops data or gets stuck in 1x....that needs a reboot to fix. Which doesnt matter now cuz its stuck in a bootloop until I take it back to Verizon. Any data issues my RAZR had/has just needs a toggle to fix.

I have seen data issues from the RAZR, G Nex and Rezound. Sometimes its the network...sometimes its the phone. My RAZR was stuck in 3G recently. I never saw that happen since the latest update. I dont keep up with network outages, issues so it coulda been that. Dont really know.

I agree apps that disconnect data might do more harm then good right now. I stopped using Smart Actions for that and my data connections have been alot better.

pookie

Reaction score
I got the bionic back in September and Verizon told me the same thing. Wait for the update in mid October, it will solve everything. Update didn't come out til December and then my connectivity was worse! They gave me the Razr even swap. I have had absolutely no data issues with the Razr and I do a ton of travelling everyday between three states. Return it before your 14 days are up or you are stuck with it.

Cripton805

Reaction score
Theres a MOTOROLA app called Restore Connectivity Settings on the Google Play store. Some people have reported it to fix the issue. It might just be your connection though.

Good Luck

gator57

Reaction score
It steams me when they say "I understand"....... ahhh....... no you don't..... if you did you would be on the floor writhing in pain next to me.

yaterml

Reaction score
I got the bionic back in September and Verizon told me the same thing. Wait for the update in mid October, it will solve everything. Update didn't come out til December and then my connectivity was worse! They gave me the Razr even swap. I have had absolutely no data issues with the Razr and I do a ton of travelling everyday between three states. Return it before your 14 days are up or you are stuck with it.

Ditto got talked into being stuck with a BIONIC. It took a phone call the the President's office to get it fixed.

honors21

Reaction score
Maybe soon on the ICS update a date was stated by a best buy employee said April 4th roll out for razr and April 6th for the Rezound we will see
But I the do think it is close.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums