who is still in aww about their Razr!

wendee2150

Reaction score
I am a RAZR owner for the last 9 hours! So far the only complaint I have is the dirty looking beige screen where white should be. Anyway, how do I turn off the Backup Assistant? I want my contacts to only sync with Google. Thx in advance!

OP
B

benz0

Reaction score
Sorry for the peeps that have issues with their phones. Again, my current razr maxx is the best I've own, going by my past experiences, speed, reliability, and battery life! Again, with Android OS, there's choices and trust me, i WENT THROUGH A LOT of them for me to considered this one of the best phone ive ever own to date! No moto fan boi or anything, just my own opinions. Again, STILL IN AWW!!! :)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am a RAZR owner for the last 9 hours! So far the only complaint I have is the dirty looking beige screen where white should be. Anyway, how do I turn off the Backup Assistant? I want my contacts to only sync with Google. Thx in advance!

OK.. I'll offer you some advice on the white..or beige.. you'll surely want to make sure you didn't get one off the bad ones like myself.. I know the whites will not be as white as other tft or LCDs but I had my first razr sent new in box with blown receiver speaker and really green tint... the second one new in box that I have to this day is almost white or much whiter and no more greenish overtones...make sure you check others out and compare... if you get the chance or care..hope this helps...

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
droid2drummer said:
OK.. I'll offer you some advice on the white..or beige.. you'll surely want to make sure you didn't get one off the bad ones like myself.. I know the whites will not be as white as other tft or LCDs but I had my first razr sent new in box with blown receiver speaker and really green tint... the second one new in box that I have to this day is almost white or much whiter and no more greenish overtones...make sure you check others out and compare... if you get the chance or care..hope this helps...

Yeah, my first Razr's whites weren't as white as this one, but this has a lot of the dark blotches when the background is dark(one runs nearly all the way down one side). I guess since I really only see them while in dimmed bedside mode it's not really an issue.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my first Razr's whites weren't as white as this one, but this has a lot of the dark blotches when the background is dark(one runs nearly all the way down one side). I guess since I really only see them while in dimmed bedside mode it's not really an issue.

Wow man... Yes indeed my first one had splotches.. not this one. I didn't notice them til the verizon guy checking my speaker prior to replacement noticed and pointed it out. I was like....Really???? What is up with the razr? Lol I'm happy with this one. I got really lucky. I'm afraid if I ever have hardware issues that a return would be a disaster refurb haunting me with all those issues of the first one as many others experience the same....

Androidatic

Reaction score
I know exactly what you're talking about. If you don't mind the lack of customization and don't rely on google's services (gmail, picasa, reader, music, docs, etc.) you will probably love the phone. The camera is awesome.......my Maxx doesn't come close. I compare pictures with co-workers and my wife's camera and the iphone wins hands down.

Good luck

Well, I pulled the trigger and got an iPhone 4s. I'm gonna put my Razr with a 64gb micro sd card on eBay as soon as the 4s arrives.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Androidatic said:
Well, I pulled the trigger and got an iPhone 4s. I'm gonna put my Razr with a 64gb micro sd card on eBay as soon as the 4s arrives.

Sorry to hear that. Enjoy your iPhone. I hear that you can now jailbreak without voiding the warranty. So says apple care............ and if your wondering.... don't ask lol.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hacked the hell out of one.. had google services and all. I know there is development on the platform . They have come a long way...They can do amazing things. But I'm partial to android but I'm not one to knock them. They have a good thing going...I like to play with all platforms...

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Androidatic said:

Congratulations, I'm sure you will like it. Coming the opposite direction, from the 4S to the Maxx, I do really miss the camera, the stability and siri. I am not at all in awe with the Razr, but probably wouldn't go back. Good luck!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
After picking up the original razr back on 11-11-11 and then upgrading to the maxx in February, i must say i still love this phone! After having over a dozen smart phones in the past years (bionic, charge,tbolt, x, x2, sony experia, fascinate, incredible 1, hd2 (ugh), G1, vibrant, and maybe some others...lol). Must say this phone is still the shizz! Lock our not, to each his/her own. Very smooth, fast device with little or no issues at all, hands down (to me) the best all around phone! Of course i might upgrade again to the razr HD or similar when im due for my upgrade! :)

I know im a smart phone techie, like most of us, we love to root, rom, and customize! But i don't feel the need to with this phone, because it's plenty good as is! Just rooted for the tethering is all. ;) all in all, just a lil bored and wanted to post some positives about our phones.

Bezo™™™ you been looking at my phones? I have or have had each of those at one time or another.. lol add d2 as it was my fav until razr...lol

OP
B

benz0

Reaction score
Bezo™™™ you been looking at my phones? I have or have had each of those at one time or another.. lol add d2 as it was my fav until razr...lol

Lol... i actually still have a D2, daughter drop it, still sitting in my drawer! :/

ArcticCat500

Reaction score
I'd like to add something....Im still loving my new Droid Razr, over 15hrs and the battery bar nearly dropped, I can only imagine how the Maxx is. As far as photo comparison, I would give the iPhone an edge, my ex's takes a clearer, crisper picture then my Droid, but I really didnt buy my phone for a camera, it would be better if it took pictures as nice as some of my others in the past, but it isnt a deal breaker for me. If I know Im going to shoot, I bring my EOS.

Ansa82

Reaction score
How do you "transfer" an upgrade? I have an upgrade available mid August on a line on my account.... But its not my phone #. can I transfer this upgrade to my # ?? thanks!

QUOTE="Classy0ne"]After transferring the last two upgrades to my son and daughter, I finally got a Droid yesterday - Droid Razr. I'm Lovin' it![/QUOTE]

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ansa82 said:
How do you "transfer" an upgrade? I have an upgrade available mid August on a line on my account.... But its not my phone #. can I transfer this upgrade to my # ?? thanks!

QUOTE="Classy0ne"]After transferring the last two upgrades to my son and daughter, I finally got a Droid yesterday - Droid Razr. I'm Lovin' it!
[/QUOTE]

Call *611 and talk to the cs rep and ask them to do so...

Or you can order the upgrade on the line that its on, and then activate the phone on that number, then simply have it swapped. If your doing this with a 4g device, as long as the sim cards are the same size, its easy. But if you have different size simcards I.e. Bionic vs razr, you will need a different simcard. So take the devices to your local vzw store.

Hope this helps??

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!