Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Yeah, some ROMs are like that. I just figured that if the OP can't get into recovery and installed through ROM Manager, then telling ROM Manager to flash SPR/CW, SPR/CW, SPR/CW and then trying to get into recovery would save a lot of panic. If it worked. :)

Once there install the backup and then do BB 5 or whatever over again. :)

OP
S

Simonkay

Reaction score
Yeah, some ROMs are like that. I just figured that if the OP can't get into recovery and installed through ROM Manager, then telling ROM Manager to flash SPR/CW, SPR/CW, SPR/CW and then trying to get into recovery would save a lot of panic. If it worked. :)

Once there install the backup and then do BB 5 or whatever over again. :)

hahaha how do i do that? XD

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah i can boot normally, but the sdcard is the issue. it won't let me format it nor will it let me mount it. it says i need to format it but it won't. and it won't mount at the same time, even when i click mount.
your fix for this is going to be to mount the SD card to a computer VIA Card Reader and copy the contents of your SD to a folder and then wipe it completely, put the card back in your device and let it boot up, go to settings/sd card and phone storage/select unmount SD card and then choose "format" after the format is done remount the card from within the same menu

Then you can connect your phone via USB and copy your files back over---just be careful there are some system files the O/S will write on your SD during format don't copy these old files over the new ones

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I personally would wipe the SD card clean and format it. I would then flash the sbf file. Start clean and clear like a new phone. But like say, I'm just of the opinion that when things go wrong, I like to start anew.

OP
S

Simonkay

Reaction score
any programs out there that can read this type of format?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Boot normally and get into ROM Manager. At the bottom it says "flash alternate recovery image" do that, then flash Clockwork Recovery. Repeat (alternate/clockwork). Repeat again. Try booting into recovery the old-fashioned way by holding X. Let us know if you have any errors -- if you do, we may have to SBF you back to stock and start you over. We'll try to avoid that. :)

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Simonkay.. I just wanted to know if you could get into the bootloader. That way I knew as a last resort, the option was there to flash an sbf file and get you running. Just restart your phone and let it load.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
WHen you do format the card, do it from your phone though and not the computer. SO like tp76 said.. let the computer read it, move everything off of it and then put it back in the phone to format it.

OP
S

Simonkay

Reaction score
oh man. I was thinking of wiping the whole thing too, because it might be corrupted. Um, xkape, how do i start to wipe it?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Let me ask you a question first so I know where you are on all this.... how did you root your phone?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Your problem here is that you can't get into recovery.. Which means you can't wipe data and cache.. and with BB 0.5, you also have to wipe the dalvik cache.

If going into ROM manager and flashing back and forth between SPRecovery and ClockworlMod a few times won't let you into recovery either than we need to start over.
Not a big deal really... (really, it's not). Just need to know if ROM Manager didn't work and how you rooted the phone.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
You have to flash back/forth at least three times. It's a known issue with ROM Manager (which as you can see, is NOT playing well with your phone at the moment).

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You have to flash back/forth at least three times. It's a known issue with ROM Manager (which as you can see, is NOT playing well with your phone at the moment).

:agreed: :headnod: