Need Someone's Assistance with Droid

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I have been rooted and running custom roms since I have had my Droid, 6 months. I have always been able to figure out and problems, but this one has me stumped and i am hoping someone can help.

Last night I was running BB V0.4 with 928 Black Glass theme and then I could not download anything from the market. So I cleared data and cache. Every time i went to Manage Apps to clear cache in the Market, it was stuck on computing. I do have some apps on my SD, but not my market.

So, I thought it was the rom and I loaded Jrummy's Kangarade V1.1 and that did not fix my market problem and now no matter which rom I have loaded I can not mount my phone to my computer. It is not recognizing that my phone is plugged into the computer, nor can I download from the market. It gets hung up on installing.

BTW, I was getting s system force close with the BB V0.4 rom before I switched.

Anyone with any good advice, please respond or PM me.

Thanks!!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been rooted and running custom roms since I have had my Droid, 6 months. I have always been able to figure out and problems, but this one has me stumped and i am hoping someone can help.

Last night I was running BB V0.4 with 928 Black Glass theme
How long were you running this combination (BB v4 and BG)?
Prior to last night, did you install any new apps?
Prior to last night, was this combination were you experiencing any issues?
Are you using Rom Manager?

and then I could not download anything from the market.

What were you trying to download?
Did you receive an update notification?

So I cleared data and cache.
Did you reinstall the rom and theme?
If so, are you sure that you selected the correct version of BG for BB v4?
BBv4 requires the BG FRF84B not FRF57.

Every time i went to Manage Apps to clear cache in the Market, it was stuck on computing. I do have some apps on my SD, but not my market.

So, I thought it was the rom and I loaded Jrummy's Kangarade V1.1

did you wipe?

and that did not fix my market problem and now no matter which rom I have loaded I can not mount my phone to my computer. It is not recognizing that my phone is plugged into the computer, nor can I download from the market. It gets hung up on installing.

Thanks!!

If possible, try to restore an backup rom that was pre BB v.4.

Not sure that will resolve the market issue but hopefully it will allow you to mount your phone.

Please let me know how you progress.

Mike

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
All of that sounds like an sdcard issue to me and I'll bet it has to do with apps2sd. I would move all apps back to the phone and disable apps2sd and try all that again. BTW, I do all this while on BBv0.4 because we know it has not had this problem and it has a good script for apps2sd control.

Good luck.

OP
Bxrider117

Bxrider117

Reaction score
All of that sounds like an sdcard issue to me and I'll bet it has to do with apps2sd. I would move all apps back to the phone and disable apps2sd and try all that again. BTW, I do all this while on BBv0.4 because we know it has not had this problem and it has a good script for apps2sd control.

Good luck.

I am thinking it is an apps2sd issue as well because the apps that are on my SD card are not on my phone. I used to reboot the Launcher Pro and the apps would appear, now they don't.

I am going to reflash BB V0.4 and disable apps2sd.

OP
Bxrider117

Bxrider117

Reaction score

Last night I was running BB V0.4 with 928 Black Glass theme
How long were you running this combination (BB v4 and BG)?
Prior to last night, did you install any new apps?
Prior to last night, was this combination were you experiencing any issues?
Are you using Rom Manager?

and then I could not download anything from the market.

What were you trying to download?
Did you receive an update notification?

So I cleared data and cache.
Did you reinstall the rom and theme?
If so, are you sure that you selected the correct version of BG for BB v4?
BBv4 requires the BG FRF84B not FRF57.

Every time i went to Manage Apps to clear cache in the Market, it was stuck on computing. I do have some apps on my SD, but not my market.

So, I thought it was the rom and I loaded Jrummy's Kangarade V1.1

did you wipe?

and that did not fix my market problem and now no matter which rom I have loaded I can not mount my phone to my computer. It is not recognizing that my phone is plugged into the computer, nor can I download from the market. It gets hung up on installing.

Thanks!!

If possible, try to restore an backup rom that was pre BB v.4.

Not sure that will resolve the market issue but hopefully it will allow you to mount your phone.

Please let me know how you progress.

Mike

Mike,

I did flash the rom I was using before BB V0.4. I have wiped the data and the cache. I think i did not do it when switching custom roms, but I did while experiencing this problem. I was trying to install an app from the market. I think it was a MP3 Android. I even tried to uninstall some of my apps and re install and they would not, they just hung in installing stage.

I think it is a problem with apps2sd and having the rom set up to install to sd card. I am going to try and fix that and see what happens.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the evaluation you and BayouFlyFisher made re the SD and apps2SD is a good one.

If you can't get to the SD card via your phone, you may need to use a micro SD card holder then use your PC to reformat the card. Worse case, with reformatting, you need to reload your music and photos.

Good luck and let us know how you do with a resolution.
Mike

OP
Bxrider117

Bxrider117

Reaction score
So, the apps2sd cut off did not work. I also tried to install a clean version of 84b by downlaoding it to my phone and I can not download anything. It says that the content is not supported on the phone.

I am truly stumped!!!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you try pulling the SD card and using a micro reader? I'm guessing that you are using RM. If so, will it allow you to reformat your SD card of flash the alternate recovery (SPR). If you have a backup in SPR you could restore.

My only other suggestion is to follow this link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html and restore SPR and try to flash a rom

I wish I could be more helpful

Mike