Market app is misbehaving with one of my apps

mj1

Reaction score
Hi,

I am running Android 2.2 on a Droid.

Last week I was notified of an available update to SportsTap. When I tried to do the update, the download failed. Now the Market app is goofed up with respect to SportsTap. Other apps update normally; but whenever I enter Market->Downloads, it states it is currently downloading SportsTap--which is always unsuccessful. If I finger tap on the SportsTap download graphic, my only option on the next screen is to cancel the download. If I do that, I also have to Force Close the Market app.

I am wondering how I can make Market forget that it needs to download SportsTap so that maybe I can get out of this crazy loop. Note that I tried clearing the Market cache, but that didn't help. I also tried uninstalling SportsTap, but that didn't change things either. The Market app still tries--unsuccessfully--to download SportsTap.

portermac

Reaction score
Try installing (quick uninstaller) in the market, its free. I use it and it works great.
Maybe you can uninstall it through that app.

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Last week I was notified of an available update to SportsTap. When I tried to do the update, the download failed. Now the Market app is goofed up with respect to SportsTap. Other apps update normally; but whenever I enter Market->Downloads, it states it is currently downloading SportsTap--which is always unsuccessful. If I finger tap on the SportsTap download graphic, my only option on the next screen is to cancel the download. If I do that, I also have to Force Close the Market app.

I am wondering how I can make Market forget that it needs to download SportsTap so that maybe I can get out of this crazy loop. Note that I tried clearing the Market cache, but that didn't help. I also tried uninstalling SportsTap, but that didn't change things either. The Market app still tries--unsuccessfully--to download SportsTap.
i had that with dropbox recently. i went into manage applications and clear data and cache for the market. then dropbox stopped trying to download and i was able to update. i may have rebooted after clearing data and cache.

OP
M

mj1

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies!

circsmonky, I took your advice and cleared the cache and data from the Market app and then rebooted. That did the trick!

Again, thanks for the help to you both.

gbragg

Reaction score
Identical Problem with SportsTap

Hi,

I have this problem also. I uninstalled SportsTap (ST) clearing data first but did not clear the cache. The problem continues, I have notifications that ST needs to update and then the download fails.

I installed Quick Uninstaller as someone on this forum suggested but it did not show a listing for ST as would be expected.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

portermac

Reaction score
Rebooting probably will take care of your problem. But when it happened to me, I went to the app that was stuck on (installing update) and long pressed on the app. It gave two options, one being cancel update. It stopped the update when nothing else would.

gbragg

Reaction score
Continued Problem with SportsTap

Rebooting probably will take care of your problem. But when it happened to me, I went to the app that was stuck on (installing update) and long pressed on the app. It gave two options, one being cancel update. It stopped the update when nothing else would.

I also did that. No problem with stopping the update. I uninstalled the app but am still getting update notices for it and the download hangs up as before. The one option you mentioned is Cancel Download that works for stopping the download but it does not stop you from getting the notification again. Remember, I have uninstalled the app! Why should I even receive an update notice for an app which has been uninstalled?

OP
M

mj1

Reaction score
Did you try clearing the cache and data from the Market app and then reboot?

gbragg

Reaction score
Did you try clearing the cache and data from the Market app and then reboot?

Yes, several times. Was wondering should I also clear the data from the Market App?

OP
M

mj1

Reaction score
Yes, clear the cache *and* the data from the Market app. And then reboot.

gbragg

Reaction score
Fixed

Yes, clear the cache *and* the data from the Market app. And then reboot.

Clearing the data in Market in addition to clearing the cache was the missing piece. Downloaded and reinstalled SportsTap and everything appears to be Ok now. Thanks.:)