[Home Replacement App] Sweeter Home public Beta is out!!

m3kilpat

Reaction score
i have. which theme is yours? i'd like to take a look:D thanks

EDIT: nevermind i think i found it...kilpat?

Yea it's kilpat. I posted pics on like page 4.

EDIT: If people want to try out my theme and then give me suggestions on what they would like I'd be more than happy to make changes and update the theme. I'm not sure what people would want though. Note however that I cannot custom make things for everyone, so basic ideas from more people is better.

Last edited:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll post an update about the performance after using it for a day!

Not to rush you:icon_ banana: but when you get some time your thoughts after a full days use. Particularly how many (if any) FCs and any major performance issues (lag ect.). thanks for the time.

ice456789

Reaction score
I've been using it for a couple days now. If you are editing your homescreen, stability is not great. About 5 FC's today while editing my theme. Also, the more time you spend editing the slower the editing interface gets. If you are just using the app though stability is good. Haven't had any FC's while just using it. It has not affected the speed or stability of other apps.

Basically, they just need to work on stability when editing your theme.

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
Can anyone please upload the .apk file? The website seems to be down... :/

ice456789

Reaction score
Here's what I'm building so far. It's all on one screen. Really with this app there's almost no reason to use more than one. Graphically, it's pretty basic. At some point I'd like to replace the button blocks with actual graphics. If someone wants to see the other screens let me know and I'll post them.

I want to hear any comments/ criticisms you guys have. The functionality has been my main focus, not making it pretty. Still, I don't think it looks that bad.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been using it for a couple days now. If you are editing your homescreen, stability is not great. About 5 FC's today while editing my theme. Also, the more time you spend editing the slower the editing interface gets. If you are just using the app though stability is good. Haven't had any FC's while just using it. It has not affected the speed or stability of other apps.

Basically, they just need to work on stability when editing your theme.

Thanks Ice. The theme editing bugs won't bother me. I just wanted to be sure it wasn't going to cause (or have) as many FCs and lags as Home++. You haven't used that by chance have you (to offer a comparison)? Thanks again for the review. Going to install it now and start playing.

ice456789

Reaction score
I used home++ for less than a day. I didn't have a ton of stability issues with it, it just didn't offer the options and features that I wanted. Hard for me to compare them. I'm coming from using GDE. Right now, GDE is more stable than sweeterhome. You have to remember that sweeterhome isn't even on the market yet in its current form so I'd guess that home++ is probably at least as stable. But for the amount of customization I've done to the app, the number of errors I've had (theme editor notwithstanding) are few and not nearly enough to dissuade me from the app.

What did you think of my screen? What would you change?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used home++ for less than a day. I didn't have a ton of stability issues with it, it just didn't offer the options and features that I wanted. Hard for me to compare them. I'm coming from using GDE. Right now, GDE is more stable than sweeterhome. You have to remember that sweeterhome isn't even on the market yet in its current form so I'd guess that home++ is probably at least as stable. But for the amount of customization I've done to the app, the number of errors I've had (theme editor notwithstanding) are few and not nearly enough to dissuade me from the app.

What did you think of my screen? What would you change?

I like the home screen (assuming that is the first one). I REALLY like the calendar page/plugin (whatever it is). Looks really nice and is a nice upgrade from stock. I have to say I'm not crazy about the size/look of the app page. But I'm guessing that can be changed. Just loaded it up, getting ready to play around a bit. Any major does or don't you care to share?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
AWESOME!!!!!!!
Just got around to playing with this. Got to say it looks AWESOME. Is really responsive and given the few themes I've d/l it looks like the possibilities to customize are endless. Can't wait to build my own template after I get the hang of it (but it is a bit.... confusing/overwhelming at first).

Is it just me or do the apps scroll pretty laggily?
I've tried 3 or 4 themes already and the app scrolling don't seem to lag at all for me. Seems very fast and responsive so far. Looks great.

Does anyone know if the developers are working with 2.1 yet? I would be a shame to get into this only to loose everything in a few weeks when 2.1 goes OTA.