Here goes nothing Rooting Moto Droid

edthesped

Reaction score
I'm interested in rooting but only for a couple of reasons

Mainly I would like to get rid of all unnecessary apps, i.e. facebook, amazon mp3, Corporate calendar and so on.

Second I would really like a way of turning off the menu lights when using a 3rd party clock in dock mode.

I don't want to overclock and I want pretty to pretty much keep the phone stock so I can minimize issues and would like the ability to revert to stock pre-root phone with all apps restored if I don't like the root. Is this possible and or even worth rooting? If so, which rooting method would be best?

Thanks

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
droidmod does oc but you can change it, setting instead of checking auto detect, set it to motorola droid. Also it is the easiest to go back to stock. Just click the go back to stock option.

andjarnic

Reaction score
So I guess we're never going to see 2.1? I called Verizon today, they have no info on it yet. I sure would like to know WTH happened to the "android experience" of Moto Droid? Really pisses me off that there is no communication at all as to what is going on with 2.1 update.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am going to give an honest response from what I am seeing on many forums and on motorola facebook site. The motorola google experience is what you make of it. If you are apart of this forum you have the tools to make the most of your device. I honestly do not care about 2.1, i just want flash; this is because of all the roms out there that are based on 2.1.

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
I am going to give an honest response from what I am seeing on many forums and on motorola facebook site. The motorola google experience is what you make of it. If you are apart of this forum you have the tools to make the most of your device. I honestly do not care about 2.1, i just want flash; this is because of all the roms out there that are based on 2.1.

I couldn't have said it better. I was a keep it stock and wait, until yesterday. This forum will give you all the info and help needed to see what the Droid can really do. I am amazed with what it can do even with the DroidMod root. I messed around with the speech typing last night and it never missed a word. Way cool. Live wallpaper - neat (I actually like the grasses).
Just move out of your comfort zone a little and do the DroidMod Root - I followed the YouTube instructions which were/are perfect!

Last edited: