Here goes nothing Rooting Moto Droid

pierced_droid

Reaction score
Well in about 10 mins I will be starting the process...................................................

so here goes nothing.....

OP
P

pierced_droid

Reaction score
And poof its done. Whoohoooo.......... can already tell the speed difference :)

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
What are the "rooting" choices now? And which is the recommended one for a non-computer programmer/hacker/etc. i.e. the simplest or more fool-proof?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What are the "rooting" choices now? And which is the recommended one for a non-computer programmer/hacker/etc. i.e. the simplest or more fool-proof?

droidmod works good, but I have video tutorials that will show even the least experience how to install any rom and to root. On the last page it shows that after you install droidmod (the easiest), how to use that to then install other roms ie bugless beast, ultimate droid, etc.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thank you, I will read up. I really am a big chicken and willing to admit it when it comes to this stuff. But all the hype and cool stuff that is available to rooted phones makes me want to try.......maybe.....:confused:

I was a big chicken too -- educate yourself and then just do it. You'll never regret it.

OP
P

pierced_droid

Reaction score

Thank you, I will read up. I really am a big chicken and willing to admit it when it comes to this stuff. But all the hype and cool stuff that is available to rooted phones makes me want to try.......maybe.....:confused:

I was a big chicken too -- educate yourself and then just do it. You'll never regret it.
I used Loading DroidMod Roms with DMupdater, Reflashing to Older Sholes/DroidMod Roms easy as 1-2-3

I used this easy as 1-2-3. Literaly

Loading DroidMod Roms with DMupdater, Reflashing to Older Sholes/DroidMod Roms

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I have a little time, after you read up on it, if you choose I will helpp you root, but those videos are so thorough you could literally play video and pause it and follow every step with your phone in hand.

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
I am going to need to do some homework.... Matt's, on the surface seems more involved so maybe the DroidMod will be easier and would be the least likely for me to "kill" my phone.

M

Matth3w

My steps are definitely more involved. Keeping in mind though that you will be 100% more educated about the process doing it my way :)

But if you feel more comfortable having it done for you, I would still read my guide so you understand the process...then use DM

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
My steps are definitely more involved. Keeping in mind though that you will be 100% more educated about the process doing it my way :)

But if you feel more comfortable having it done for you, I would still read my guide so you understand the process...then use DM

I haven't given up on you. I just want to be as comfortable as I can with this task. It looks like DM is all done with the phone and Bugless is a combination of phone and pc.

What will I need to install on the phone(from the market) prior to doing this? "Must haves" or "will make life easier"?

I just downloaded update.zip to desktop - 10.1mb and is named update.zip

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the guide matt made is a good guide and it is a good idea to read to know what is going on. With that said I am going to quote exactly what i said on another page.......
Always here to help. I am not a computer/phone hacker. Just an avg joe who just want to do some cool stuff with my phone. I do not have the time to spend typing out 100+ commands to root or to read a book on the linux code. I have about an hour to play around with that stuff before going to bed for work tomo. So I found video guides and work arounds that allows me to do the same thing with out messing up my phone or spending hours on my phone getting frustrated.

To those who have the time and patience more power to you but that is not me.

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
the guide matt made is a good guide and it is a good idea to read to know what is going on. With that said I am going to quote exactly what i said on another page.......
Always here to help. I am not a computer/phone hacker. Just an avg joe who just want to do some cool stuff with my phone. I do not have the time to spend typing out 100+ commands to root or to read a book on the linux code. I have about an hour to play around with that stuff before going to bed for work tomo. So I found video guides and work arounds that allows me to do the same thing with out messing up my phone or spending hours on my phone getting frustrated.

To those who have the time and patience more power to you but that is not me.

I think I agree.... I am going to plug the phne in and get it charged up all the way and follow the video/s and get the dmupdater installed.

Thanks in advance...I hope. Signing out for a while.

Tim