Here goes nothing Rooting Moto Droid

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you dont need the other file, i forgot that that was when they orginalyy released it.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i hope everything has worked for you; in about 10 to 15 mins I have to run. If before then you have any issues I will try to help.

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
OK......I'm back running DroidMod. No hang ups or issues with the ROOT. My Swype is running wacky. Asking about it for another phone or something. Should I uninstall and re-install?

I am not sure what the DM is "clocked" to stock. It really doesn't seem that much different (speed-wise) to be honest.

OP
P

pierced_droid

Reaction score
OK......I'm back running DroidMod. No hang ups or issues with the ROOT. My Swype is running wacky. Asking about it for another phone or something. Should I uninstall and re-install?

I am not sure what the DM is "clocked" to stock. It really doesn't seem that much different (speed-wise) to be honest.

I looked in my system Im running 800 MHZ read somewhere that DM was 600mhz.. as far as swype everybody is having an issue with it.. Do a search on here.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
droidmod oc at 1200. Make sure in set cpu your settings are set to auto detec

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
Pilotcharles747-

A Big Thanks for all your help today. You made it very painless and it was a lot easier than going to the dentist! ;)

So I should go into setcpu and max it at 1200? I have it set at 800 for what I thought was "safe". I also took sleep to 250.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Personally I keep it between 600-800. I only go to 1000 if i need a webpage to load faster or my phone to respond faster, but after that I will drop it down to 600. Some phones can handle 1200 and other have issues being that high. When you over clock you are making you phone work harder to get things done faster. Eventually if you continue to over push it may get tired. At 600 it is working where it was designed to work. So you decide ho often you choose to push it.

billyidle

Reaction score
Actually charles, the droid's processor was "designed" to be faster, it was underclocked by Moto/Verizon.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually charles, the droid's processor was "designed" to be faster, it was underclocked by Moto/Verizon.

What is the processor designed to be at. I know it is the exact same processor in the iphone and the iphone is clocked at 600. I am curious for knowledge sake.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score

What is the processor designed to be at. I know it is the exact same processor in the iphone and the iphone is clocked at 600. I am curious for knowledge sake.
I've read in numerous places that the processor is designed for 600. It's only underclocked to 550

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
BTW, I enjoyed coming home from work and reading this thread (one of the few under a few hundred posts) and I have to say that I noticed something that is not necessarily a bad thing. My first ROM was Bugless Beast and I rooted and installed from Matt's tutorial. I highly recommend it for the reasons mentioned prior.

Then I had a "buggy" phase, so I gave in to curiosity and went for DroidMod, but couldn't find how to install the same way. I'd rather, but I broke down and used the DMupdater. Pretty good tool for the Root Your Phone for Dummies book. Now, I've already downloaded AdamZ's Smoked Glass ROM 5.0.1 (or something like that) and have been researching how to install that one. That too is done in another way, so there's 3 ROMs and 3 different installation procedures.

One can really get sucked in to this stuff and learn a lot too.

bpad10

Reaction score
all I can say is WOW! I haven't taken the plunge YET, but want to say you guys are the sh1t! I am extremely impressed. My hats off to everyone working their tail off to give us a better phone. THANK YOU!

If 2.1 doesn't come out "soon" I'll have to root. (Get excited just thinking about it).....quick question, and I know this probably isn't the thread, but, is there any way to download and use 2.1 without rooting on the droid or eris?

Thanks again for everything you guys and gals do.....its truly appreciated:)