What happens when Verizon goes 4G

SeeEss

Reaction score
When Verizon goes 4G, what happens to all the phones that are currently in use for 3G? I know nothing about any of this but the thought occurred to me that there could be problems...

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nothing. The 3G network isn't going to be scrapped.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We will be fine. Its not like there going to flip the switch and turn off 3g service.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It will be business as usual for 3G because 4G is backwards compatible.

DroidForums junkie!

Zecpull

Reaction score
I just ordered a Droid X and the Sales person On line said they have been told the Droids can be Upgraded to 4G...and that it will be coming out like 2.2 did.

harrellj

Reaction score
It is physically impossible for a current phone to be upgraded to 4G... their radio does not support the proper spectrum required.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Exactly!

It is physically impossible for a current phone to be upgraded to 4G... their radio does not support the proper spectrum required.

DroidForums junkie!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I just ordered a Droid X and the Sales person On line said they have been told the Droids can be Upgraded to 4G...and that it will be coming out like 2.2 did.
that's terrible they are saying these things to customers. Its simply not true. It's totally different hardware.

Sent from my Droid

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well my vzw rep told me my droid 2 would make me 2 inches taller with its next ota

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Agreed!! Customer Service Reps are morons for the most part!

that's terrible they are saying these things to customers. Its simply not true. It's totally different hardware.

Sent from my Droid

DroidForums junkie!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone remember what happened when 3G was introduced? Same thing will happen when 4G is operational.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sad thing is that they don't even get commission! I work at a corporate store and there are some idiots there too! Haha! I admit that I was right in line before I found DroidForums! Thanks guys!!!! :dancedroid:

Agreed!! Customer Service Reps are morons for the most part!
!

anything to get the sale even if its not true..... sucks but in these times they will do anything... you see this more with the "authorized retailers" then the actual corporate stores.

DroidForums junkie!

Ben5bauer

Reaction score
Wrong

Droid 2, X and later model droid's were made to upgrade via software too 4g the antenna is fully capable.