Help!!!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I hate how hard it is to boot in to custom recovery. If we can't get you in there you're going to have to sbf back to stock, but I do have a pretty handy tutorial that a df user posted a few days ago. Right now i'm going to try and figure out another way to get you in to cm.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
T

Tianalacoya

Reaction score
lol...i hope you can figure it out, cuz i know i sure can't....

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Alright well all I know about bootstrap is that the exploit is supposed to make it so that if your phone fails to boot all the way then the next time it tries to boot it is supposed to boot in to cm recovery. That being said I have had a lot of trouble getting other peoples phones to boot in to cm. Try booting in to stock recovery like I showed you before and then choosing reboot now. If it gets to the droid eye animation then pull the battery and and repeat the process. After booting in to stock recovery a few times and trying to reboot you may be able to get in to cm, I know it works for me. If it doesn't though, we are beginning to run out of options.

OP
T

Tianalacoya

Reaction score
yea still the same....there is another forum on here about unbrickin do i need to do that?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok well I have a few links i'm going to dig up and a pretty comprehensive tutorial from a new user to the forums. Looks like your gonna be learning to sbf.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok this tutorial is for windows and linux

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/100038-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html

Really comprehensive and I believe there is a link to a video tutorial as well. If you have issues/questions about the sbf process ask them in that thread, maderschramm who wrote that particular thread is new but very knowledgable on the subject. He might not be online right now but when he does come on he will be able to help you waaaaaayyyy more than I can with the sbf process.

OP
T

Tianalacoya

Reaction score
well although my phone is dumb....thank you so much for helping me try to fix it...means a lot to me :)

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Anytime. That's what were here for. Good luck with the rest of the process. Although sbf isn't my area of expertise and i'm handing you off, i'll keep my eye on you to see how things go. Keep us posted.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You're the man, enjoy the drinks you deserve em. Cheers.

maderschramm

Reaction score
You're the man, enjoy the drinks you deserve em. Cheers.

Thanks, using my tut tho it shouldnt be too difficult to figure out. Another user said he flowed the instructions and it took 20 mins. If you have problems post or pm

OP
T

Tianalacoya

Reaction score
yeah my phone is still all messed up...it now wont even turn on....i think it is done-zo

OP
T

Tianalacoya

Reaction score
okay now it turns on and is on the bootlooder page and says MEM_MAP blank, Service Req'd, battery ok, ok to program, transfer mode: usb....so i don't know what to do to fix it or if there is even a option to fix it