Installed theme, now everything force closes

DKDestroyer

Reaction score
I'm new to these forums, so I hope I'm not messing up by posting in the wrong area.

I downloaded and installed the Fission Rom for my droid 2 global without any issues, but when I went and installed the Gingerbread theme w/ black status bar and it booted back up, everything force closes. Most of the messages just go away when I hit force close, except for Voice Commands, which keeps coming back before I can do anything to fix the problem, does anyone have any tips?

Reaction score
Can you open Fission ROM Manager? My advice is to reflash the theme. If that doesn't work, try flashing another theme. If that doesn't work, reflash the ROM. If that doesn't work, SBF, just for good measure (Or do a nandroid, but I prefer SBFing.. I'm anal retentive), then reflash the ROM and theme. I've used that theme, so I know it works, you probably just got a wonky flash, and reflashing the theme should fix it.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Which version did you install? 2.6.1 is not available for the D2G, so the latest you would have available is 2.5.7. That said, did you install the correct ROM?