good bye nexus it was a short love

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
oh, did the razr finally get the ICS update. it's not hard to figure out i was referring to gingerbread, people :icon_eek:

Again...uncalled for.

By the way, Gingerbread was released on December 6, 2010, making it less than 2 years old...

Last edited:

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Trolling a moderator...interesting.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The screen resolution isn't "dated" as you infer, but perhaps lower resolution than some would prefer. Still for the masses it fits quite nicely. Sure, the GNex has a higher resolution at 316ppi 720X1280, whereas the RAZR has 256ppi 960X540, but if you don't need that higher resolution, again depending on your eyesight and distance from the face when viewing, you are getting no benefit from the extra pixels. Even the 3rd generation iPad only has 264ppi, and all but a few of the HTC phones (Rezound, One-X, Touches), have PPI under 256. Fact is, there are only a small number of phones with PPI significantly higher than 256, and most were just released.

I guarantee you that your home computer monitor doesn't come close to the PPI resolution of your PDA, but do you hold it 8" from your face? No, so you don't see the pixelation. I bet you don't even care what the PPI is of your monitor, so why be so concerned about the same on the phone? If it doesn't detract from the user experience it's unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

As for the OS, again, GB, December 6, 2010, ICS, June 22, 2012, so you're quite off on your dates and related criticism.

MonKENy

Reaction score
Google directly pushes all updates. The reason why TMobile has it is because they are GSM. GSM is open so it was easy for Google to be able to distribute the rils. CDMA is proprietary and Google could not reach an agreement for a distribution license. Since Verizon licenses the CDMA technogy (I think from Qualcomm), they have to sign off on an update and input the rils necessary to make phone calls and have data. Sprint already has it because they aren't [strict] about updates like Verizon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I figured it was probably some licensing political bull****. Im surprised google didnt push harder. They have the $ and backing power to corner verizon better. Maybe they made a mistake and will be more forceful for the next round.

And I have to back Galaxy on this one. My dad has the Razr and ive been underwhelmed by it at best. As far as phones go The Nexus seems nicer. And the GS3 is Def nicer. But hes being an ass about the date thing.

I hate to say it but you should have stuck w/the nexus and rooted it. No one else will say it but you're being irrational as far as rooting goes. You had one bad experience and now youre turned off the whole root thing. Ive had tons of bad experiences root and flashing but w/the help of people on this site have always been able to get t running right. I am def running better phones because of it. Send back the razr and get your nexus back or at least get the GS3.

Last edited:
OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
wait, if my nexus doesnt work well and I complain they will let me change it out for a galaxy S3? The only reason I didnt get a S3 was the price. I would switch to S3 in a heart beat if I could. Ill unroot go back to stock, complain and swap if possible. Can anyone confirm?

and before anyone calls dishonest. Its not I would be unhappy w/my nexus stock I dont want to HAVE to modify it to enjoy it. I want to take a phone I love and make it better. I loved my stock Droid X, I always knew if need be I could go stock and still have a great phone. I dont have that security w/my nexus. I know the S3 are great phones stock so I get more security there.

Thats the only phone they will not upgrade me 2. just thought u should know !

@Dez thanks bro i appreciate it.....with rooting is it required to purchase like ROM Manager premium>>??

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score

@Dez thanks bro i appreciate it.....with rooting is it required to purchase like ROM Manager premium>>??
To be honest,it all depends on what tech you talk to.If you talk to the right tech,you can get one(S3).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
jared845 said:

ROM manager isn't required at all. I admit I used to use it but for me it was more like training wheels. Yeah it helped me get started in ROMing but eventually I got rid of it and flashed them through recovery. Also, many have mentioned having troubles with ROM manager which is why I opt to do everything manually. Takes a few more steps but overall the results are the same and you can always trace back your steps instead of trying to figure out what went wrong with ROM manager

Galaxy Nexus using DF app

MonKENy

Reaction score

'

nope to root you dont need to buy anything but there are a few apps that are recommended. But over all wugs bootload unlocker/root kit is free and rom manager is also free so you can do almost everything free. I have paid for titanium, clockwork mod and a few upgraded launchers but the most part I flash for free

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Titanium is an app I highly recommend. It'll save you a ton of time getting your apps back to the way you like it if you constantly are switching ROMs.

Reaction score
Titanium is an app I highly recommend. It'll save you a ton of time getting your apps back to the way you like it if you constantly are switching ROMs.

hmmm, yeah im a crack flasher lol. i might have to check this out

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
ya know after getting the razr max which i wasnt totally crzy about its almost like you dont realize how good u got it until its gone, ...lol thats how i feel about the nexus , its a real nice sleek, and smooth operating phone and now with jb coming out at some point i feel it will just get better, and then eventually root this bad boy !