good bye nexus it was a short love

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
djspy said:
do you have to send your nexus back to vzw?

Yes I have to send the nexus back

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

Hugg727

Reaction score
It should get JB, I have seen comments about Moto getting JB to every phone that was released in 2012. Good luck with the Razr!

Riley

Reaction score
I just did the same thing only I went with a Razr M. My original Nexus was awesome right until two weeks ago the USB port stopped working for charging. They sent me a CLNR and its radios were awful. I mean like data drops 6-8 times a day. So I used an upgrade to a Razr M, and its been awesome. Radios in Moto products have always been superior and the razr proves that to me once again, solid as a rock.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
First, I love (love, love, love) my Galaxy Nexus. I've unlocked the bootloader, rooted it, and installed a custom Jelly Bean ROM. Everything works amazingly. I'm still using the one I originally bought - have had no warranty issues yet!

That said, the RAZR line is what I'd be getting if the Galaxy Nexus weren't on Verizon. Good replacement choice :) Blur on ICS actually looks good (I haven't used it, so I can't say anything about the performance).

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
No so quick jusst got the Max and I'm so ehhh about it dez maybe I should root .....hmmm alone I think the Nexis is smoother than the razor. But I'll tink er with it some more and see I got 30 days to return either device ...

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
jared845 said:
No so quick jusst got the Max and I'm so ehhh about it dez maybe I should root .....hmmm alone I think the Nexis is smoother than the razor. But I'll tink er with it some more and see I got 30 days to return either device ...

Don't laugh at me lol I know I sound ridic

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
jared845 said:

Keep it for at least a week and give it chance. However if you do decide to go back to the Nexus and want to root I , along with many other members, would be glad to help you root it and get you on the true Google experience. At least what I consider it to be...

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK thanks bro yeah rooting is just not for me ya know .....heard the battery life is ridiculous

*LOL* I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but rooting is sort of the point of owning a Nexus. I have a coworker like you, who also refuses to unlock and root; according to him the device is less than stellar, stock. I get the impression that you really NEED to be willing to accept running unofficial software if you really want a Nexus to shine. For you, the Maxx is probably a much better device, especially if Moto updates ICS so it's at the same point as the latest Bionic leak.

MonKENy

Reaction score
wait, if my nexus doesnt work well and I complain they will let me change it out for a galaxy S3? The only reason I didnt get a S3 was the price. I would switch to S3 in a heart beat if I could. Ill unroot go back to stock, complain and swap if possible. Can anyone confirm?

and before anyone calls dishonest. Its not I would be unhappy w/my nexus stock I dont want to HAVE to modify it to enjoy it. I want to take a phone I love and make it better. I loved my stock Droid X, I always knew if need be I could go stock and still have a great phone. I dont have that security w/my nexus. I know the S3 are great phones stock so I get more security there.

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
*LOL* I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but rooting is sort of the point of owning a Nexus. I have a coworker like you, who also refuses to unlock and root; according to him the device is less than stellar, stock. I get the impression that you really NEED to be willing to accept running unofficial software if you really want a Nexus to shine. For you, the Maxx is probably a much better device, especially if Moto updates ICS so it's at the same point as the latest Bionic leak.
For many, owning a Nexus meant quick updates from Google. However, Verizon has royally screwed over customers of that. I agree with you that owning a Nexus means rooting and flashing ROMs and all that good stuff, but again, to many it means direct support from Google. I consider the Google experience to be answered by the dev community, and they have done so with quality ROMs and fixes. Verizon, is absolutely useless at this point to me regarding a Google Experience.

MonKENy

Reaction score
I assume Google pushes updates and fixes through the carriers? I mean why does Tmobile version of nexus get updated more than Verizon. Does google send the updates to the carriers and then the carriers choose to send them out? There has to be some process to it. Cant google push updates directly somehow like with chrome etc?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I assume Google pushes updates and fixes through the carriers? I mean why does Tmobile version of nexus get updated more than Verizon. Does google send the updates to the carriers and then the carriers choose to send them out? There has to be some process to it. Cant google push updates directly somehow like with chrome etc?

Google directly pushes all updates. The reason why TMobile has it is because they are GSM. GSM is open so it was easy for Google to be able to distribute the rils. CDMA is proprietary and Google could not reach an agreement for a distribution license. Since Verizon licenses the CDMA technogy (I think from Qualcomm), they have to sign off on an update and input the rils necessary to make phone calls and have data. Sprint already has it because they aren't [strict] about updates like Verizon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
oh, did the razr finally get the ICS update. it's not hard to figure out i was referring to gingerbread, people :icon_eek: