Those Who Have Gotten JB OTA ...REVIEWS

NYMase

Reaction score
Is there a way to close notifications one by one or can you only close them all at once? I'd like to be able to close a notification without having to launch whatever app the notification is about

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Is there a way to close notifications one by one or can you only close them all at once? I'd like to be able to close a notification without having to launch whatever app the notification is about

You can swipe the notification off the screen to the left or right.

screaminz2002

Reaction score
Spent the day down between Laredo and Carrizo and the radios are worse now. Almost the whole area is dead instead of popping in and out. I had to get over around Dilley before my phone went nuts updating e-mail. I hate to say it but I may have to get an AT&T phone through work. Limited cell is one thing, no cell at all is no bueno..

Nick D

Reaction score
Since updating to jelly bean OTA, on handcent sms all my existing texts are showing as new and I keep getting notifications that I have like 118 new texts. When I try to mark all as read, it locks up... Anyone else seen this?

I had almost the same problem. It didn't lock up on me but I kept getting the notification at the top of the screen. I just ended up taking the time to clear up my messages & deleted most of the threads. It has been fine since then.

Nick D

Reaction score
I received my update yesterday and haven't had much time to play with my phone. However, this morning I noticed and issue when I when to take some stealth pictures of the dogs. I went into my Volume Control app to turn off the system volume so that the camera would be quiet and I noticed that I couldn't lower the system volume without affecting the phone & notification volume. Before the update, I could leave the system volume off and have my notifications had a different volume. Has anyone else noticed this issue?

Hamster

Reaction score
Ever since I got the Verizon JB installed on my Nexus, I can't reboot my phone without handing on the Google logo unless I do a battery pull. I haven't seen this reported yet, so I am a loss. This is a "stock" (unrooted) phone, but I may have to change that to get it working. Appreciate any feedback.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Ever since I got the Verizon JB installed on my Nexus, I can't reboot my phone without handing on the Google logo unless I do a battery pull. I haven't seen this reported yet, so I am a loss. This is a "stock" (unrooted) phone, but I may have to change that to get it working. Appreciate any feedback.

How long did you let it sit on the Google logo? It can take up to 5+ minutes. It's a JB thing!

alboboy10

Reaction score
Whenever I go to Google now and click on the weather it gives me a Google search for rite aid near my house. Anybody else having similar annoying issues?

Does it on my tablet and phone

Reaction score
Another thing that I'll add is that the new version of Google search with NOW is SLOOOOOOOOOOW. On the other hand off line speech to text was way over due.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Well I'm not sure if it's a Chrome-thing or JB-thing, but lately Chrome seems a bit laggy when I first launch it. Scrolling is completely unresponsive for atleast the first 10-12 seconds, then it will respond. It will act normally for the most part after that, but will sometimes behave this way again.

Has anyone else had issues with Chrome latey?

alboboy10

Reaction score
StupidGenius said:
Well I'm not sure if it's a Chrome-thing or JB-thing, but lately Chrome seems a bit laggy when I first launch it. Scrolling is completely unresponsive for atleast the first 10-12 seconds, then it will respond. It will act normally for the most part after that, but will sometimes behave this way again.

Has anyone else had issues with Chrome latey?

I have that problem on my nexus 7 with a lot of websites. It may be the site. It's extremely unresponsive I literally wanna throw my tablet to the wall.

I don't really like chrome I use the native browser

WookieClaws

Reaction score

You can close ALL notifications by clicking on the icon in the upper right corner of the notification thing... it looks like 3 steps down.