no data signal at all

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Help I don't know what to do anymore.... my phone has no data signal what's o ever ...suggestions?? Not root ing as of yet.....do I do a factory Res et ....do I call vzw again and have them send me a refurbed device??? Or do I demand a sg3 ....sg3 is unlikely as I have demanded one before....and got me know where
FYI THIS POST JB
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Did a battery and sim card pull and is back guess well see wit happens

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Probably just dropped the signal for a bit. Next time save yourself some time and try Airplane mode. If that doesn't work, pull the battery and SIM for about a minute then it should back.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Try saving *22899 as a contact then use the contact to dial the number. It will update your prl (preferred roaming list). See if that helps, I've noticed an improvement but I'm not totally certain its from updating the prl or the new jb radios, maybe a combo of both.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Try saving *22899 as a contact then use the contact to dial the number. It will update your prl (preferred roaming list). See if that helps, I've noticed an improvement but I'm not totally certain its from updating the prl or the new jb radios, maybe a combo of both.

I heard doing this on a 4G phone it kills the SIM card

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I heard doing this on a 4G phone it kills the SIM card

It won't. It used to during the Thunderbolt debacle. It won't anymore. Although no one has proven it to be a good or bad thing, updating the PRL manually puts you on a 3G PRL.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
thats funny thats the phone i had and was told not to do the *228, but i did pull the battery and sim and seems ok for now, still cant hold a 4g signal for long, but well see ....so save *22899 to a contact and then dial it?...just dont get all the issues with this darn thing...its frustrating....but guess ill deal or eventually root.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Probably just dropped the signal for a bit. Next time save yourself some time and try Airplane mode. If that doesn't work, pull the battery and SIM for about a minute then it should back.

Dez, do you think if i have vzw replace the device with another nexus would i have the same issue or if not worse? Just your thoughts if you may...thanks

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Dez, do you think if i have vzw replace the device with another nexus would i have the same issue or if not worse? Just your thoughts if you may...thanks
Don't know tbh. If it happens more consistently it could be hardware issues or it could be due to the area you are in. If it does happen more consistently then yes I would personally go exchange the device.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
If I am in a 4 g area, then the signal should be a constant 4 g right?