Those Who Have Gotten JB OTA ...REVIEWS

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
So who has received the new JB OTA from vzw? Please share your thoughts / opinions and changes you significantly notice.....has the data and phone signal improved?? Please share .....Cuz sharing is caring . Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

uhm781

Reaction score
i didnt have any complaints about 4.0.4 but when i finally forced the update and now that i have jb the whole interface of the phone is better, say your in a phone call but go to a text or something and slide the notification bar down it gives you the option to hand up from there and shows u who u r on the phone with time date and day. and it seems to transition from windows quicker and its just cleaner to me.

PhishyKris

Reaction score
Much snappier. Google Now is nice to have in my phone. Had it on N7 tab since launch but never used it. Very handy. Will review more tomorrow. Nighty night.

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
Personally don't see any real difference. One of my Beautiful Widgets stopped working. Other than that, I'm not overly disappointed or impressed.

steveky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I have played a little with the voice search thing. I don't see myself using that thing much. As far as the signal and battery life go, I don't notice anything different.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
One issue I've noticed is that in Google+, it is unable to determine my location when I open my Nearby circle. Google Maps can find me just fine though.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
steveky said:
I have played a little with the voice search thing. I don't see myself using that thing much. As far as the signal and battery life go, I don't notice anything different.

Agreed the signal hasn't improved at All and now ha went had 4 g as of yet in my house where I am ina. 4g area

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

condor12

Reaction score
I've gotten much better battery life today. Usually by 4pm I've plugged in or changed batteries. It's 6pm and I've got 30 percent left. Much snappier than before. Quite pleased.

kunzy

Reaction score
Just did the Google service framework trick and my early opinion would things seem to be much smoother when moving around.... Will try signal strength when i return too work and will test battery tomorrow. So far though pleasantly happy

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
After a full day with JB. My phone runs smoother and is much faster. battery life is much better. I get a full day after a single charge. I love it.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did the service framework trick today and got it. Had to reboot a few times for it to really work right. The first time I got only voice not internet but on the reboot it works.

It's faster, the screen seems brighter. The sound is definitely much louder than before as is the vibration.

Google now is a cool toy. I've only started play with it but it has it's uses.

The phone also seems to weigh less after the update - don't know how google does it.

The battery seems better and I seem to get more bars.

That's about it.

gernerttl

Reaction score
I got Jelly Beaned on Fri (21 Sep). Since then, I've noticed a bit better reception and battery life. I live in a 3G area, so I can't speak for the 4G aspect. I'll be in a 4G area on Wed so, I can see if it is any better. The responsiveness is much better. I also like the cards that Google Now displays.

screaminz2002

Reaction score
I get 1 bar of 3G at my desk now instead of no reception at all. Call signal has not changed at all nor has the quality.

Ricocht77

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xperia Z3v
Definitely much snappier, smoother with more speed, haven't had a chance to do a battery comparison yet but so far I'm liking what I see