Galaxy Nexus 3 Buttons question

doublea500

Reaction score
What will the three buttons on the bottom of the screen be. The usual android phone from what i have observed at least always had 4 buttons. a back, menu, home, search (i have a droid 1 so its the d1 order. the order i know has changed for other phones). Will the galaxy nexus change the function of any of the buttons or just completely get rid of a button. My thought is that a big "bye bye" and a "get lost" will be sent to the search button, which in 2 years of my d1 i have never had/felt the urge to use. Anybody know what the plan for the three buttons are?

and one more question. the galaxy nexus screen includes the three buttons on it. if an application is run that does not use the buttons, is it possible that it uses the button space to get a bigger screen? im guessing yes but it depends on how its coded i guess.

ThisGuy

Reaction score
The 3 buttons are still essentially the same as 3 of the 4 buttons on an everyday android based phone... starting from the left, a "back" button. The center, which is the "home" button. And finally, the right, which will be the "menu" button.... The search function, based on what I have saw in the screenshots and video, will be baked straight into the 4.0 OS. That, however, has not been confirmed as of yet based on my observation. We will just have to wait and see. :greendroid:

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's been alluded that certain apps will use the entire screen (i.e. Netflix, games, etc.). I'm ready for tomorrow night's reveal. Hopefully Google doesn't disappoint.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's been alluded that certain apps will use the entire screen (i.e. Netflix, games, etc.). I'm ready for tomorrow night's reveal. Hopefully Google doesn't disappoint.

Tonight's reveal? Did I miss something over the long weekend? I thought it was the morning of the 19th in Hong Kong/Evening of the 18th here....

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Which is tomorrow...today is the 17th???

WOW... I swear I read that you said "Tonight's Reveal"... I even reread it. I'm going to go ahead and blame it on the bug I had this weekend, as you probably read about over in the RM.

patriot95

Reaction score
Tomorrow is a big day with Moto getting in the mix at 12EST also. Now if only HTC would bring out their option tomorrow as well.