Screen size question

Reaction score
So before the phone came out and it was found out that the GN would use onscreen buttons everyone kept saying they would disappear when you watch a movie in landscape. I've played all types of movies now and while the buttons do go black in landscape movie mode the screen still stays the same size. So what corners is the 4.65 inches measured? The USABLE screen or are they including that button area? And for the trolls, yes I'm too lazy to get out my ruler.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

pool_shark

Reaction score
When I watch a video the buttons not only disappear they screen expands.
Launch the youtube app, mark the screen by holding your thumbnail at the end of the screen, then start the video, it gets longer.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I watch a video the buttons not only disappear they screen expands.
Launch the youtube app, mark the screen by holding your thumbnail at the end of the screen, then start the video, it gets longer.

^This

My buttons fade and the video grows to the full size of the screen. Some videos won't adjust because of the ratio they were filmed in, which is normal.

OP
untoothedyouth
Reaction score
@ pool shark. Right you are!
@lideric Guess I need to add some more videos to see what happens. It never does it when I use RockPlayer. Maybe it only grows with the stock video player?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums