Droid 2 went loco

silverfang77

Reaction score
I had just finished adding movies to my watched list in my IMDB.com app. I then exited, which involved pressing the back button several times because I had added so many movies. After this, I checked my email, read that and exited. It was then I noticed that my wallpaper had been removed and replaced by the gray one with the ones and zeros. I went into my gallery and reset the wallpaper. I then opened my phone's keyboard to reorient to landscape mode and as soon as I did this, my wallpaper disappeared yet again.

I touched the gallery yet again and then all hell broke loose. The dialer came up, then the phone's native browser. I backed out of those and they immediately launched again on their own. Finally, I had to reboot.

What could possibly cause such crazy behavior from a normally mild mannered phone?

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
I mentioned that I rebooted in my first post. So far, it seems OK. Is there any way to find out the cause? I would rather deal with it by surgically removing the cause as opposed to striking the whole thing with the mallet of the factory reset.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
If resetting/rebooting fixed the problems, I would just think, like any computer, the ones and zero's got out of whack. Ya have to totally turn the phone off sometimes to reload things fresh into memory upon reboot.

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
I know that. What bothers me is it's never done anything like that before.