Keyboard bug.

ænyoc

Reaction score
So, coming from my OGD, I thought a soft keyboard would he hard to get used to. I don't know if the screen size has anything to do with it, but I feel like I can type just as fast, if not faster, than on my OGD. Also, the auto correct is right 99.9% if the time. One thing I did notice however, is if I have a word that gets underlined in red and I have typed past it, when I tap it and select the correct word then reposition myself at the end of my message to jeep typing, the word will stay underlined in red. This is in portrait mode only. As you can see by the pics below, not too big of a deal, but a bug none the less.

In landscape it gets worse. When you go back to correct an underlined word, you have to correct it twice. Then you go back to the end if the line to keep typing, it jumps back in the middle of a previous word and changes the corrected word back to what you corrected it from.

I have included pics to help show what I'm talking about.

Portrait:
Mistyped word:
View attachment 44699

Correcting word:
View attachment 44700

Word corrected:
View attachment 44701

Continue typing, word still underlined, but correct:
View attachment 44702

Landscape:
I'll include as a reply below as I've hit my max file upload/post.

I also noticed the lag typing landscape was the worst I've seen it yet and it seems as if the longer the text entry is, the more lag there is.

Survivor of the Great 2011 Verizon Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Debacle and proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus and Original Droid 1/Milestone. Sent from my Sexy Lexus Galaxy Nexus.

Edit: I don't know how the pic below snuck in there, landscape pics are in a lower post.

Last edited:
Reaction score
my bionic and htc inc did this too. android keyboards generally blow. hopefully it'll be fixed with an update on the nexus.

OP
ænyoc

ænyoc

Reaction score
Pics aren't loading now... standby.

OP
ænyoc

ænyoc

Reaction score
Disabling a feature isn't fixing it, its ignoring it. I don't want to ignore it. I want to document my experience with the bug and share with others in the hopes that someday, someone will fix it.

Survivor of the Great 2011 Verizon Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Debacle and proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus and Original Droid 1/Milestone. Sent from my Sexy Lexus Galaxy Nexus.

Magnious

Reaction score
That's why fix was in "". I think it's also good for people that don't care about his feature, to know that they can disable it..and have a lag free typing experience.

Also, if you read the Droid-Life article, it even states that it isn't a real fix. FYI.

OP
ænyoc

ænyoc

Reaction score
Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Their point was, you can use the "fix" for now until Google rolls out the next update.