keyboard annoyance

Jonpwn

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with the keyboard on my new bionic.
on my old droid 1 when i used the on screen keyboard and typed a word that was not in the phone's dictionary, it would underline it. If i pressed space and finished typing the word, the phone would correct the word. However if i were typing a last name or something and the phone would autocorrect it, i could just press backspace so the cursor is right after the last letter of the "mispelled" word, and if i press space one more time it would leave it spelled incorrectly.

On the bionic, it won't do that though. It will keep correcting the word as many times as i delete the space after the word and press space again.

How can i change this so that it's like my droid 1? i looked through the keyboard input options and nothing seems to render this.

Is my problem clear? if not i will take two videos to describe what i'm talking about cause i knwo i'm being nitpicky about it and maybe other people don't notice/care.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
You will see a list of words under the text, the word you WANT to be there will be first. Click that word and an option will pop up to ad it to dictionary.

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
You can always turn off autocorrect, then it will only underline what it doesn't know and let you correct manually.

Sorry if that doesn't seem very helpful, this is my first Droid, so I've not experienced what you are referring to.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums