Touch Screen Sensitivity

The Merg

Reaction score
Got to play around with a TB at a VZW store today and like what I saw. I did have one issue though that kept me from getting it. It was the screen sensitivity. For all purposes, the screen does not seem to be sensitive enough.

When practicing typing on it, it would routinely miss letters that I was hitting or would put in a letter next to what I hit. It was very evident when trying to click a button. I would hit a button and nothing would happen. Hit it a second time and nothing again. On the third attempt, I would very slowly hit it and make sure to keep my finger in contact with the screen for longer than a quick touch. Then it would work.

I found the Input calibration setting where you type the sentence "The quick fox jumps over a lazy dog", but that didn't seem to improve anything. I also disabled vibrate on typing. Is there another setting to have the screen be more sensitive that I was missing?

- Merg

leehblanc

Reaction score
Got to play around with a TB at a VZW store today and like what I saw. I did have one issue though that kept me from getting it. It was the screen sensitivity. For all purposes, the screen does not seem to be sensitive enough.

When practicing typing on it, it would routinely miss letters that I was hitting or would put in a letter next to what I hit. It was very evident when trying to click a button. I would hit a button and nothing would happen. Hit it a second time and nothing again. On the third attempt, I would very slowly hit it and make sure to keep my finger in contact with the screen for longer than a quick touch. Then it would work.

I found the Input calibration setting where you type the sentence "The quick fox jumps over a lazy dog", but that didn't seem to improve anything. I also disabled vibrate on typing. Is there another setting to have the screen be more sensitive that I was missing?

- Merg

Was it plugged in? Many Android phones are MUCH worse as far as touch sensitivity when they are plugged in. The Fascinate was the worst, IMO. It was almost UNUSABLE when it was plugged in.