Gmail, Blacked Out..... Now it's DARK... UPDATED 1/8

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
We have it all inverted now..... still testing it but it IS released in ecsnead's and my sections..... thanks though.... :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

SUroot

Reaction score
We have it all inverted now..... still testing it but it IS released in ecsnead's and my sections..... thanks though.... :)

Ah thanks. Works a charm. Facebook emails bit of a nightmare though, but to be expected. Have you tested with a grey font at all?

Good work. Thanks very much

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's still a WIP... ecsnead is very good at this so we'll hopefully have all the bgs black or yes, we'll use a medium gray text color or even a base blue like they already use on fb and some others.... then it will look good on all of them... keep checking in tho and let us know any issues with the one you have now... I did change the title bar on the main screen to black as well within the app because it points to an android:drawable so the color of it be whatever color your framework uses... mine should overwrite that and only be black....

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
UPDATED: Here's the updated version.. v4.... we still have a few more things but ecsnead works nights and I'm busy too.. but we'll have it ready soon...

CAP201103051134-1.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10789872/Blacked_Out_Gmail_v4.zip <-- Update.zip again.. make sure Gmail is in system, not data...

Last edited:

SUroot

Reaction score
Last edited:

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Very cool.... glad ya like it.. :)

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey that cool!... Thanks!... there are also 2 inverted gtalks... me and cakes made one and ecsnead made one with some fixes.....

ufjay5

Reaction score
I can't get either version 4 or 5 to work. The labels are blacked out, however, when I open the actual email it still has a white background and black text. I tried to flash like a theme and also extracted the APK from the zip and manually placed it into the /system folder using root explorer and still nothing. Any suggestions?

UPDATE: Ok, here is version 5... the text is all a gray color so it's readable on both white and black backgrounds... let us know if you find any other issues... it's an update.zip so flash it like a theme in recovery...

CAP201103051637-1.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10789872/BlackedOutGmail2.3.4.1version5.zip <-- download link

Downloading now. Thanks very much :)

Edit> Looks great. excellent!

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Gmail doesn't always come with custom roms, thus it is not always a system/app.... for our gmail you have to move your old gmail to system/app with root explorer... if its in data and you flash it to system, its not gonna work.... also, we mainly theme for d1 and even tho it shouldn't matter, not all apks are gonna be universal from phone to phone..... but try making sure gmail is in system, then flash version 5.....

ufjay5

Reaction score
I'm on the X and it still didn't work. The list of emails is black but when I open the email it has a white background with black text.

Gmail doesn't always come with custom roms, thus it is not always a system/app.... for our gmail you have to move your old gmail to system/app with root explorer... if its in data and you flash it to system, its not gonna work.... also, we mainly theme for d1 and even tho it shouldn't matter, not all apks are gonna be universal from phone to phone..... but try making sure gmail is in system, then flash version 5.....

giga pipe

Reaction score
So are u saying this app wont work with Droid x? I also tried flashing it with clock works. However I didn't get the full verision of root explorer just yet. I also uninstalled gmail with titanium, flashed it and no luck. I had to redownload gmail from the app market.

I was looking into /data & in /system. I did not find any gmail.apk file.

Any ideas or comments?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
In system it is Gmail.apk... in data its like com.android.gm.google or something.... so if it is in data, try moving to to system/app with root explorer, rename it Gmail.apk and reboot.... then flash the zip...