Gmail, Blacked Out..... Now it's DARK... UPDATED 1/8

Deciple

Reaction score
Which smali files did you edit to change the text color?

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
B-boy, that change is either in smali or unchangeble.... I have never been able to find it along with a way to change the button text inside emails... If you find it I will forever look upon you as "THE MAN"!!!!! :)

Ok ecsnead, I thought I had it!.. I pointed the bg to a full screen bg in drawable and when I hit a message to go to the screen with the white bg, my bg popped up but then it went back to the white one.. ugh!!!!!.. However, I changed the archive and delete text in the bottom buttons to white... had to write it in on that same html_conversation_activity.xml in layout..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<LinearLayout android:eek:rientation="vertical" android:background="@drawable/message_bg" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"
xmlns:android="
http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
<FrameLayout android:scrollbarAlwaysDrawVerticalTrack="true" android:id="@id/web_view_parent" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0">
<LinearLayout android:gravity="right|center" android:eek:rientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/loading_progress" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
<ProgressBar android:gravity="right|center" android:paddingTop="5.0dip" android:paddingRight="8.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:indeterminate="true" android:indeterminateBehavior="repeat" style="\?android:attr/progressBarStyleSmall" />
</LinearLayout>
</FrameLayout>
<LinearLayout android:eek:rientation="horizontal" android:background="@android:drawable/bottom_bar" android:paddingLeft="4.0dip" android:paddingTop="5.0dip" android:paddingRight="4.0dip" android:paddingBottom="1.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
<Button android:id="@id/archive" android:textColor="#ffffff" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="@string/archive" android:layout_weight="1.0" />
<Button android:id="@id/delete" android:textColor="#ffffff" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="@string/delete" android:layout_weight="1.0" />
<ImageButton android:id="@id/previous" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/left_arrow" android:text="@string/previous" android:layout_weight="1.0" />
<ImageButton android:id="@id/next" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/right_arrow" android:text="@string/next" android:layout_weight="1.0" />
</LinearLayout>
</LinearLayout>

I added the blue lines of code in and it did change the text color on the buttons.... not sure if that's what you were referring to but here is screen shot of that screen so far...

CAP201102270831.jpg

I really hope this is what you were talking about as far as button text in a message... I'll keep trying the bg tho, I really think it's a non-smali doable thing..... :)... I think the normal text color is dark gray like the arrows' color, right?

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No, the buttons I am talking about are actually in the message, my buttons are white anyway, due to FW edits I make for my theme...

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I like your grit, but I hate to tell you, I am 98.9% sure that it is smali code...

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
hmm... well I don't know what ya mean then cause those are the only buttons I see...

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is it in the compose screen with the 'respond inline' button?

ufjay5

Reaction score
Is there anyway to get the actual message color black with white text as well? Thanks!

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is there anyway to get the actual message color black with white text as well? Thanks!

That's what we're kinda working on now... it's not easy at all locating everything that affects that screen and I am smali-tarded so it's like digging a hole with a toothpick for me but if it's possible..... we'll get it.. or someone will at least... lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

T-Rob

Reaction score
Fyi....this is not working with the new MIUI update.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Fyi....this is not working with the new MIUI update.

Which gmail is miui using? Because he has the newest version of gmail stickied in his section. This is an older version.

T-Rob

Reaction score
Well, damn....I didn't see that stickie. I downloaded it and it worked....thank you!

ufjay5

Reaction score
Thanks! You guys are great!

That's what we're kinda working on now... it's not easy at all locating everything that affects that screen and I am smali-tarded so it's like digging a hole with a toothpick for me but if it's possible..... we'll get it.. or someone will at least... lol

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Well, damn....I didn't see that stickie. I downloaded it and it worked....thank you!

No problem man. All too many times I am the one who doesnt see the sticky.

EDIT: I sent you a PM. I have a non-thread related question for you.

SUroot

Reaction score

Not sure if this helps the cause or not...

xda-developers - View Single Post - Black GMail

Looks good.