RELEASE... GMAIL 2.3.4.1.... Blacked Out..

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the invert. Is there a reason why some decompiled xml's act like they aren't?

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Bedtime Corina. That's a .9.png you have open there! And a whole row of tabs of more pngs! Isn't it like 5am where you are?? If its morning for you, GRAB SOME COFFEE! Lol.

I've done that too, btw.

Sent from 1885

Reaction score
Sorry no screenshots for this one but I am headed out the door for some family time and just wanted to get this out there.... hopefully you guys will understand...:)

There is one major change though, now the UNREAD messages in inbox have bold text and go to regular after you read them... Since this is the case, I have made the inbox completely black.... If some have a problem, I can go back and adjust the backgrounds like my previous version to help, just let me know....

I will also be getting in touch with the themers that want to find out the smali code for the inbox text.... just pm me and I will get it to you....

Make a backup!!!!!
Be sure that Gmail.apk is in /system
Make sure you don't have the update in /data
Download
Install through recovery
Enjoy.....

Also, this zip is for clockwork and spr, I don't know if it will work with rzr??

BlackedOutGmail2.3.4.1.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download

Awesome, ec! You rock!!! By the way, if it will work with SPR, it will definitely work for RZR.

Thanks E.C. it’s beautiful. Another fantastic job! Also it flashed just fine via RZrecovery.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
If you're rooted I don't see why not ... first uninstall the current Gmail (I use root explorer to delete system apps) and reboot. Then drop this apk on you sd card and install it with astro (or a similar file manager app)

Being that Gmail is available on the market, I would assume it will work for for all devices ...

Sent from my Incinerated DROID

mudvayne622

Reaction score
If you're rooted I don't see why not ... first uninstall the current Gmail (I use root explorer to delete system apps) and reboot. Then drop this apk on you sd card and install it with astro (or a similar file manager app)

Being that Gmail is available on the market, I would assume it will work for for all devices ...

Sent from my Incinerated DROID

I tried your way and everyother way I could think of. Deleted Gmail from system/app. Reboot. Install from SD...Nothing. Then Deleted all traces of Gmail and used clockwork...nothing. Got Gmail from the Market, Clockwork install hoping it would overwrite...Nothing. I really wanted this too.

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Delete the Market version, drop this into system/app with root explorer, then set the permissions on it to rw-r--r--. After this, reboot.

mudvayne622

Reaction score
Delete the Market version, drop this into system/app with root explorer, then set the permissions on it to rw-r--r--. After this, reboot.

That worked perfect. Thank you very much. When Google updates Gmail will I have any problems since i dont have the version from the Market or because I changed the permissions?

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Awesome, and no, the permissions were changed to the same as every other system app, and also the same as any apps in the data/app folder. When GMail updates, it will install the updates (that are uninstallable from the Market or Settings). Something to do though, go into your My Apps list in the Market and turn auto-update off for GMail. You'll get the notification, but won't update on its own.

mudvayne622

Reaction score
Um i deleted Gmail from the Market as per your instructions so it is no longer under the My Apps section. Did I miss something?

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
It may show up back in there again, some of the themed apps i have in my system folder do. It may be a ways down your list... nonetheless, if it updates automatically, you can go into the market and uninstall the updates.

Jer

Reaction score
Dumb question: I download this to a PC and then unzip to locate the Gmail.apk which is what I will replace the existing (assuming there is one) Gmail.apk then boot into recovery & install the zip? That all sound about right or do I leave the Gmail.apk file if there is already one in there? Just want to make sure I fully understand the process on this one before I attempt.