Gmail 2.3.5.. Blacked Out!!

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
After using it for 24hrs or so now I still like it but one thing I noticed is the text of the message body is difficult to read, especially in the daylight. Maybe a lighter color text would offer more contrast & make it easier to read. Maybe something between the current gray & white?

The issue there is that some emails use their own background which is usually white so anything lighter makes those emails very difficult to read.... we'll both play with a few ideas and see what we can come up with to help please as many as we can.... this set up is what we released a couple versions back and the response was great on it so we tried to keep it similar....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Blacksantron

Reaction score
Thats no problem, it just means that your only app is in /system.. are you rooted?

I see from your sig you are, sorry..... anyway, just follow the second part of the install instructions for rooted users. It will tell you what to do with the app in /system/app... be sure to reboot after the change and before installing our version

Nope... Did all that. Now it just keeps popping up FC... Can't open it at all. And when it tries to sync it FC's
Gosh darnit I had such a clean system. Now theres chode....
Sent from my Supercharged Chainfired Cyanogenated DROID X @ 1.25

Clear data and cache in Gmail.... and if you're rooted, you can also use root explorer and move the com.Google.GM.Apk from data/app to system/app... rename it Gmail.apk and reboot.... I've tested a few scenarios on this and the new market we inverted and I always get them to work... keep us posted tho....

Thanks got it all sorted... Except in data/app it was called com.google.android-2.apk

Either way looks great... Thanks again

Sent from my Supercharged Chainfired Cyanogenated DROID X @ 1.25

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Haha.... alright cool, glad ya got it..... :)

djakrse

Reaction score
I just wanted to drop in and say it works and looks beautiful!

The only side effect thus far is how it flashes white just briefly before viewing emails, but again the black background looks killer. :)

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just wanted to drop in and say it works and looks beautiful!

The only side effect thus far is how it flashes white just briefly before viewing emails, but again the black background looks killer. :)

That flash is something we haven't been able to locate....changing all the theme styles to black didn't affect it so it might be in a layout..... next release we'll look more into it.....

djakrse

Reaction score
That flash is something we haven't been able to locate....changing all the theme styles to black didn't affect it so it might be in a layout..... next release we'll look more into it.....

I'm not too worried about it, but I appreciate the effort you guys are puting forth. Nice job!

Tepes

Reaction score
Had to go the long way around on a rooted D3, but it works :) Starting to feel like my OG agaain :)

Sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide mark 2