Blacked Out Apps for DC 9 & 10

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
In order for themed markets to work you must load them over a stock market after install and a reboot. You have to establish the stock market working first... then boot into recovery and flash the themed market... flash rom, flash gapps, reboot..... then reboot into recovery and flash themed market... hope this helps..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

schellbl

Reaction score
ecsnead69,
Did you say that there will be a full theme coming for DC10? If so can I be a tester :blush:. Just wondering.

djakrse

Reaction score
In order for themed markets to work you must load them over a stock market after install and a reboot. You have to establish the stock market working first... then boot into recovery and flash the themed market... flash rom, flash gapps, reboot..... then reboot into recovery and flash themed market... hope this helps..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums
That makes sense, I've done it that way in the past out of dumb luck. This is the first time I've started with a clean slate and installed during the same recovery session. Would wiping dalvik be a requirement as well? Gonna try and report back. If it doesn't work, I'm going to do some more experimentation.

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Blacked Out FW for testing.....

Anybody interested in taking this for a spin?? Just install through recovery...

Let me know if you like it and if you find any issues.... thanks!

zip remove to verify that my fw is the same as the one that was "official" relaese....

Last edited:

djakrse

Reaction score
Not thinking FW meant framework, and assuming blackedoutupdate.zip was an updated BO GAPPS, I installed this with some interesting results! I'm trying to take a screen capture before I flash back to the stock DC one. You gotta see this.

Uuhh, the reason being, I think their could either be a conflict with the DC settings' customized colors, or something isn't working right. Drocap fails when triggering the screenshot.

EDIT okay, got screens with adb/ddms. Maybe some of this is being unfinished? The vibrate/silent mode icon is showing, even though I'm not in silent mode. The status bar looks a little wonky with the spotlight effect. If that was intentional, sorry. ;) It was also animated when the phone was still booting up; I assume when it was loading notifications. The pull-down notifications don't show notifications, and I think the screencap explains the rest. There was an orange color on the unselected tabs in phone/contacts and also when managing apps in the settings.

Last edited:

djakrse

Reaction score
Adding a new post so you'll notice the edited post above. I would reset colors in DC settings to see if there's a conflict there, but I'd like to be able to back them up first.

PS what I did see looked awesome!!

Last edited:
OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have no idea what you have going on there??? I am using an earlier version of 10 so it may have so differences to the one you are running....

djakrse

Reaction score
I have no idea what you have going on there??? I am using an earlier version of 10 so it may have so differences to the one you are running....
Aww I just can't do anything right :p

I got it back to normal, but I'll write down the colors I used in DCSettings and then reset it to default and try again. Alternatively, you could try modding the colors using the DCSettings app and see if it does anything similar on yours ;)