Galaxy Nexus coming the 15th

RT55

Reaction score
would love to buy from costco but you don't get the $100 off for upgrading I would imagine with coscto

Reaction score
would love to buy from costco but you don't get the $100 off for upgrading I would imagine with coscto

They do honor the new every two, just not the yearly upgrades...

My Rezound Rocks the Red n Black... Get over it... Now to get this thing rooted

kongo

Reaction score
They do honor the new every two, just not the yearly upgrades...

How can you tell if you have a NE2 or just a yearly update? I have a $50 discount that I would love to use at Costco, if possible... I haven't upgraded since I got my OG

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

vthokies1996

Reaction score
Just called a different Verizon Wireless store near my house. I asked "Is the Galaxy Nexus coming out tomorrow." The answer I received was "It is coming out Friday, the 16th."

Cubemonkey

Reaction score
Show up when they open, not early. There's not going to be a line, or maybe only a few people. They'll have more units than people waiting.

If by chance they *do* run out of units, ask them where the nearest store is, and have them call and confirm that they have units. Then go there.

This isn't an iPhone. The media hype machine isn't running.

I think you underestimate the population density of midtown NYC at 8:30AM.

1ceFiend

Reaction score
Just be careful... When I had all my wisdom teeth out they gave me about 20 Demerol tablets. Just be careful how relaxed you get :)... if your new Nexus starts to get blurry take a break.

Hah, thanks for the tips! But I also just got Skyrim, so I'd like to try and stay coherent for that, too ;)

I know people have said there wont be a line for these phones, but I'm wondering how many my local store in Maine will get... Hopefully they'll let me reserve one, just in case. Some of the Best Buys didn't even have the X2's after they came out. And we don't have a Costco :(

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Verizon: Galaxy Nexus Still Coming This Year, Will Announce When It’s Ready

Look, a new statement has been released from Verizon regarding the Galaxy Nexus!
The Galaxy Nexus is still on track to launch this year. We will definitely send a press release to announce availability. Feel free to visit www.verizonwireless.com/galaxynexus to sign up for email alerts to be one of the first to know.
So basically, this is what they told us back in October, only now we know they will at least send out a press release for it when the time comes. Are we still ready to go tomorrow? Every single store on the planet sure seems to think so, but then again, they all thought that last Friday as well.
This is pure speculation, but doesn’t it seem odd that they would release this statement the day before the phone is supposed to arrive, if indeed it was suppose to arrive tomorrow? Seems like at this point, we should have heard, right? Or am I just going all tinfoil hat on you?
Add Friday to the list of potential dates, as well as every other day next week. I’m not saying that tomorrow isn’t happening, but am just trying to prepare you for the situation that went down last week.
icon_smile.gif

Via: Android and Me

Source

Reaction score
How can you tell if you have a NE2 or just a yearly update? I have a $50 discount that I would love to use at Costco, if possible... I haven't upgraded since I got my OG

Well, if Ur coming from an original purchase OG, then you have NE2. However, anyone who has any type of "bonus" money from Verizon, whether it $100 or $50, you have NE2 as these offers only existed during that time period...

honors21

Reaction score
See screenshot for photo proof. 'Nuff said. You saw it here first.
4b6e0c60-3700-b298.jpg

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Until Verizon wireless makes a statement that date can change.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

LuvMusic

Reaction score

Easiest way is to surf over to Verizon's website and type-in your phone number......it will tell you if you are eligible for an upgrade.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
It is not looking good for us waiting on the Galaxy Nexus with a release date for tomorrow. Today Verizon announced the White RazR being released on December 15th. But there was no mention of the Galaxy Nexus.:frown:

kongo

Reaction score
Easiest way is to surf over to Verizon's website and type-in your phone number......it will tell you if you are eligible for an upgrade.

I do have an upgrade credit of $50, which has been sitting there for a while - but my question was whether or not they would honor this at Costco. When I called Costco today, they said no.... but ThaSurgeonGeneral said otherwise, so I wanted to see if anyone knows about that specifically.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I called 3 verizon stores today and none of them gave me an answer except "check the website":frown:

Reaction score
I do have an upgrade credit of $50, which has been sitting there for a while - but my question was whether or not they would honor this at Costco. When I called Costco today, they said no.... but ThaSurgeonGeneral said otherwise, so I wanted to see if anyone knows about that specifically.

Weird, maybe they stopped doing it? I used my last NE2 at my local Costco on a Droid X...

vthokies1996

Reaction score
Just called an HHGregg in northern VA. Asked if they would be selling the Galaxy Nexus tomorrow. Salesperson said, "The galaxy nexus? We don't when we will be selling....." then was interrupted by someone. I could hear him talking to someone but couldn't make out what they were saying then heard the salesperson say "We have it?" He came back on the line and said "Yes, we will be selling it tomorrow."