Galaxy Nexus coming the 15th

stragabenz

Reaction score
I hate to start off the day like this but I just called VZW to check and see how my refund is coming along for my returned RAZR. I nicely asked if I was able to order a samsung galaxy nexus because I desperately needed a new phone. She said "Let me check to see if I am able to do that for you today (1 min pause) unfortunately it does not look like this phone is available this week or next week, I am sorry" :mad:

I do not know how qualified this person is or if they are just being told to deny and not give any details about a release date, which I am hoping is the truth.

thundercats

Reaction score
I nicely asked if I was able to order a samsung galaxy nexus because I desperately needed a new phone. She said "unfortunately it does not look like this phone is available this week or next week, I am sorry" :mad:

I do not know how qualified this person is or if they are just being told to deny and not give any details about a release date, which I am hoping is the truth.

I had a similar experience just happen to me as well. I called my local VZW corporate store and asked if they were launching the Nexus tomorrow. The lady on the phone's response was "Nope, it won't be ready tomorrow. We haven't any information on the launch date yet".

Who knows at this point. I surely hope she's just feeding me a line of bull and the 15th is still a go!

Disdroid

Reaction score
Does anyone know if new phones usually launch at a particular time? Any history to indicate buying online times? I have a $50 credit on my account so I won't be in the store, but Midnight? 10AM?

MrKleen

Reaction score
I had a similar experience just happen to me as well. I called my local VZW corporate store and asked if they were launching the Nexus tomorrow. The lady on the phone's response was "Nope, it won't be ready tomorrow. We haven't any information on the launch date yet".

Who knows at this point. I surely hope she's just feeding me a line of bull and the 15th is still a go!

The day is early, but I don't have a good feeling about tomorrow. Today is starting to feel like the the day before it was supposed to launch last week..... I hope things start to look more positive soon.

vtnerd

Reaction score
Does anyone know if new phones usually launch at a particular time? Any history to indicate buying online times? I have a $50 credit on my account so I won't be in the store, but Midnight? 10AM?

They just announced the white RAZR (about 30 minutes ago) so theoretically they could make a Nexus announcement any time now (or not at all).

natezire71

Reaction score
The day is early, but I don't have a good feeling about tomorrow. Today is starting to feel like the the day before it was supposed to launch last week..... I hope things start to look more positive soon.

I feel the same way. Called my VZW store two days ago and he told me to come in tomorrow, early if I wanted to get a hold of one. There hasn't been an official announcement yet. I'm freaking out. :/

Verizon would be stupid not to release it today. Christmas is only 11 days away.

Roc_Droid

Reaction score
Is there any precedent for Verizon launching a brand new phone without any kind of advertising at all? The OG Droid was my first cell phone so I don't know how other phones have launched in the past but I wouldn't think it would make much sense to release a phone that the public at large doesn't know anything about. While I would love to see this phone come out this month, it has been my long held belief that it won't be released any time before Christmas so that it is not tied to any kind of Christmas specials. There are still a lot of Razr commercials out so I'm guessing that's still the push right now.

wolstonc

Reaction score
When I was in VZW customer service we would often not be told about launch dates until the day is launches and get the training later. Many phones don't get announced launch dates or told to employees ahead of time

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
I feel the same way. Called my VZW store two days ago and he told me to come in tomorrow, early if I wanted to get a hold of one. There hasn't been an official announcement yet. I'm freaking out. :/

Verizon would be stupid not to release it today. Christmas is only 11 days away.

That was the word a couple of weeks ago when the 8/15 dates first came out. That they wanted to get it out on the 8th, but if the bugs weren't fixed, that the 15th was the drop-dead date, so they could get it out by Christmas, and fix any remaining bugs with an OTA.

natezire71

Reaction score
That was the word a couple of weeks ago when the 8/15 dates first came out. That they wanted to get it out on the 8th, but if the bugs weren't fixed, that the 15th was the drop-dead date, so they could get it out by Christmas, and fix any remaining bugs with an OTA.

I'm giving my VZW store another call. Brb.

Edit: My store said definitely tomorrow. Getting their shipment of Nexuses (Nexi?) tonight. I'm going at 9am when they open. Unless there is a hold up.

Cubemonkey

Reaction score
VZW in NYC near my work just confirmed 12/15 launch date, normal hours.

I think getting there 30 minutes early should be ok. Thoughts?

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
VZW in NYC near my work just confirmed 12/15 launch date, normal hours.

I think getting there 30 minutes early should be ok. Thoughts?

Show up when they open, not early. There's not going to be a line, or maybe only a few people. They'll have more units than people waiting.

If by chance they *do* run out of units, ask them where the nearest store is, and have them call and confirm that they have units. Then go there.

This isn't an iPhone. The media hype machine isn't running.

Riley

Reaction score
HAHAHA! I just called a small VZW corp store near my office, first greeting I get from the sales guy is are you calling about the new Razr.....um NO. So I ask do you have any idea when I can get a hold of a Galaxy Nexus.....long pause with lots of ums........no we have no idea but hopefully in the not to long future.....:D

Maybe I'll try a bigger Corp store near my house next.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Is there any precedent for Verizon launching a brand new phone without any kind of advertising at all? The OG Droid was my first cell phone so I don't know how other phones have launched in the past but I wouldn't think it would make much sense to release a phone that the public at large doesn't know anything about. While I would love to see this phone come out this month, it has been my long held belief that it won't be released any time before Christmas so that it is not tied to any kind of Christmas specials. There are still a lot of Razr commercials out so I'm guessing that's still the push right now.

The HTC Rezound showed up with no warning what so ever, the actually just started advertising it recently although its been out for almost a month.. I think tomorrow should be fine, i'll be checking here for East Coast updates and if infact is being sold i'll be at Costco in time to get it first..

Reaction score
A quick note: buy from Costco if you can. The bundle, albeit cheap as hell, is still free. You get a 30 day return period and a 90 day exchange. Plus you pay taxes on the purchase price, not the retail price. Here in CA it means a $289 phone only ends up costing $311 with an excellent return/exchange policy and free cheap accessories...

My Rezound Rocks the Red n Black... Get over it... Now to get this thing rooted