Features, and Bug-Fixes, and Themes, OH MY! Sapphire - 0.8.4

serveitup911

Reaction score
was just about to edit my previous post. just did that. thanks.

did anyone have any issues with market not syncing? did i miss something else? will that market hack patch do it?

My market is syncing beautifully right now, and I'm going to write a full review tonight or tomorrow.

Reaction score
I have no superuser permissions for some reason? i installed the minimalist theme that was made for .7 so im gonna go to my nandroid backup of the stock and see if i still have them there

[EDIT] - Superuser permissions came back.. must have been the theme not being update.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i know it was for legal reasons but i like that you did it that way. Makes things faster. I can install the rom, reboot back into recovery, install my kernel then reboot back into recovery then install the market and worry about signing in. It makes things faster because its not loading up syncing until you are ready for it. I was hoping the 2.1 market fix would fix the espn radio issue, but thats mainly on those guys at airkast.

So far so good ima put it to the test. Love how the battery now have the percentage in the notification bar, I can now ditch the battery widget.

krinklebein

Reaction score
Wow, this is where its at! calling all themers

This is my first run of sapphire. It took me awhile for some reason, usually im an enthusiastic rom flashing nut. With all the information and support they have to offer its crazy not to give it a try I know. But after the relentless releases to try and create better and out do only theirselves in an inspiring attempt to create a long lasting gem of a name in the constantly changing romming buisness, i am thoroughly impressed. This is truely a highly functional, well built and entertaining rom. Not if but when this gains its terminal velosity, others will be hard pressed to find new limits in order to create the same impressions this rom leaves you with at this stage of the android experience

Droid owner since Dec. '09: custom romming ever since

Last edited:

dispatch1054

Reaction score
^^^I wholeheartedly agree with this. Truly well done team! I think this is the best, most stable rom I have come across, and you certainly outdid yourselves. Thank you!

Also as a note: I tried installing the Froyo Drop Theme update.zip, and keep getting stuck on the M logo. Just so ya know. Anyone have any idea why?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
^^^I wholeheartedly agree with this. Truly well done team! I think this is the best, most stable rom I have come across, and you certainly outdid yourselves. Thank you!

Also as a note: I tried installing the Froyo Drop Theme update.zip, and keep getting stuck on the M logo. Just so ya know. Anyone have any idea why?

Did you clear the cache after applying it?

dispatch1054

Reaction score

Ahh, no I did not. I'll try that and see if it works. Thanks!

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Ahh, no I did not. I'll try that and see if it works. Thanks!

I hope it helps. Good luck!

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Anyone know if the stock kernel is the same as the custom made kernel for sapphire. In other words, is the same as the on P3 site for sapphire :)

52brandon

Reaction score
Anyone know if the stock kernel is the same as the custom made kernel for sapphire. In other words, is the same as the on P3 site for sapphire :)
I think p3 updated his. They now have compcache

skurtz1313

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok this is probably a dumb question. But why can I not download themes or kernels directly using my phone from the browser. Am I missing a setting somewhere? I don't remember any setting from the last version sapphire.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk