Features, and Bug-Fixes, and Themes, OH MY! Sapphire - 0.8.4

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
LOL
I tied to delete post before it was too late and my utter stupidity was fully shown :)
all is good now :)

whats the deal with the "stock" spare parts and not one that allows color changes?
black clock on black background is hard to see along with other items.

verified on 2 installs (d/l from wiki) that the spare parts is missin gthe tweaks and is the stock market version type.

It is in their GEM app now that comes with the new release ... Dan

whats the deal with the "stock" spare parts and not one that allows color changes?
black clock on black background is hard to see along with other items.

verified on 2 installs (d/l from wiki) that the spare parts is missin gthe tweaks and is the stock market version type.

check GEM Settings app

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
just noticed this now. time to flash another ROM!

captdroid

Reaction score
This ROM is a work of art!!!

Question to the Devs... can I expect that Chevy's kernels will work with Sapphire? P3droid 900 LV works well but seems is using more battery and running warmer then when I was using Chevy's kernels with other ROMS.

Update: Compatible kernels covered in the WIKI. Thanks Devs, great job!

Last edited:

Mayh3m

Hoodie Ninja
Premium Member
Reaction score
W00t I'm finnaly getting back in to the community so hit me up for live support again. I will help wherever possible

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Wuyanks this rom is really close to perfect. Enjoy it.

Any timeline on the interview?

i was using .7 for awhile, then switched to CM, about to get back on sapphire .8.4dancedroid

as to the interview, i'm working on it, but have been rather busy. hopefully by wed night. some real great info in it!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Installed perfectly, market looks good, apps auto restored after gapps update, restoring missing apps with TB now!!!

Another great release guys!

jrod2183

Reaction score
I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY hope you guys support the LUNA theme with this release. Anyone know if the old update.zip for Luna from past releases will work with .8.4???

Diordna

Reaction score
My battery life sucks (haven't tried this upgrade ROM yet though but sure it'll be the same issue) and I'm running chevyz kernel, at 1000 mhz, is it the ROM or kernel that really kills me and what should I do?
People say the stock is working great? That include battery life?
And how do you get rid of a kernel on the device to stock?

lsdozer

Reaction score
ROM is running perfect. Now we need some sweet themes!

I am digging the steel look or the black/white look. Really want the theme that TheBowers is working on!

Lewis

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
My battery life sucks (haven't tried this upgrade ROM yet though but sure it'll be the same issue) and I'm running chevyz kernel, at 1000 mhz, is it the ROM or kernel that really kills me and what should I do?
People say the stock is working great? That include battery life?
And how do you get rid of a kernel on the device to stock?

Depends on what "sucks" means. On 0.7.0 I was getting 16-20 hours of moderate use and my battery would be down around 40%. This was with what is now stock kernel on 0.8.4.

serveitup911

Reaction score

Oh, come on! I thought news guys were supposed to be on top of things like this!

Haha, just kidding :)

Enjoy it - everything is running golden for me!

I installed through sprecovery, and did a completely fresh install (data/cache wipe) with the exception of restoring data to a few select applications through titanium backup.

My apps synced from the market on their own.

Everything is running smoothly.

Market recognized updates and was able to simultaneously install 16 app updates!

Voice search and network location both work.

GEM settings is nice, and I look forward to more tweaks being added there.

Temps seem good, but I would like to be able to see cpu temp - I'm sure the kernel guys are working on it.

Awesome release!

gwwjpd

Reaction score
Temps seem good, but I would like to be able to see cpu temp - I'm sure the kernel guys are working on it.

I hope they do, I really miss seeing the CPU temp.

A question to the devs, maybe for the next release, you could look into getting 10 or 5 percent battery increments in the notification bar? That would be awesome. :)

I know, I know. Give someone an inch and they want to take a mile.