Extended Battery for Thunderbolt

wingdo

Reaction score
Ok so use it how you think it should be used ,when I started shopping for smart phones I was told not to expect more than 10-12 hours per charge...you people need to stop whining and take your phones back if you're not happy with it

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using droid forums app
Where on this forum do you see me complaining about battery life? Oh that's right I'm not. I blame HTC for not making an extended battery like the DX though. Slim form not fat bricks.

Or the slim extended battery for the D2. It's sleek and greatly expands battery life. You barely notice it's on there. HTC gets their design cues from Seido and that is NOT a compliment.

OP
guitarchris123
Reaction score
Ha. Get an iToy? No thanks. I came from the Blackberry world as well. Yes I did get a couple days out of my Curve but I never used it for internet, just email and text. The Storms I had didn't last that long either. I wouldn't recommend any BB's to anyone at this point. RIM doesn't know where they are going.

I was not recommending getting either of those brands, I was just making a point. With Android, you have to learn how to control/change/monitor your settings with apps, toggles, widgets, menus, etc. in order to maximize the functionality of your phone for your particular purposes. Stock settings are probably not appropriate for most people, that's all I'm saying. This is starting to get off topic, this thread is supposed to be about the extended batteries themselves. For further discussion of battery life in general, please refer to the "Tips" thread. Thanks.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
He set the screen brightness to 10%. Yeah, 10%. Yeah, without asking.
He installed startup monitor on me without asking and disabled the VZW junk apps that he could.
He installed advanced task killer without asking and set it to aggressive.
He did something to SMS as all of a sudden I don't get about half the messages being sent to me and I did before.

And finally this morning I got a call at home from my boss asking me why I have't been responding to e-mails. I said I hadn't received any. Well sure enough it turns out the "helpful" sales guy set my Exchange PUSH e-mail to poll every 2 hours instead. Yes also without asking.

I don't know yet what else he changed, but I have to run back to the store to speak with the manager as this is totally unacceptable behaviour from a salesperson.
That's why I never let the tools at VZW touch my phone. They all think ATK is the best thing to do to a phone.

OP
guitarchris123
Reaction score
I myself use friendstream, but both FB and Twitter only check for updates every 2 hours. I use the home clock / weather widget with refresh every three hours. I use the full page agenda as it is my WORK phone. I have Exchange PUSH email enabled as if I don't use push my company will force a BB on me. I've not complained much about the phone's battery life except to say that I used my OC'd (to 1000MHz) the same way I use the TB but I averaged over 20 hours on the D1 vs 4-5ish on the TB.

Now what DOES tick me off is the fact last week I went to the VZW store in the hopes of getting a big discount on the extended battery by complaining about the battery life. The woman who sold me the phone was working to figure out what they could do when some salesguy came over to help looked at my phone for a couple minutes and then said it should be better now.

He installed startup monitor on me without asking and disabled the VZW junk apps that he could.
He did something to SMS as all of a sudden I don't get about half the messages being sent to me and I did before.

And finally this morning I got a call at home from my boss asking me why I have't been responding to e-mails. I said I hadn't received any. Well sure enough it turns out the "helpful" sales guy set my Exchange PUSH e-mail to poll every 2 hours instead. Yes also without asking.

I don't know yet what else he changed, but I have to run back to the store to speak with the manager as this is totally unacceptable behaviour from a salesperson.

Wow, just goes to show you that many VZW reps are ill-informed about a lot of things Android-related (especially with this phone in particular). I never would have let them start changing and downloading things on me without watching exactly what they were doing. Sorry to hear that! Lesson learned. On the bright side, maybe you will get that discounted extended battery now from the manager if you complain, as I agree that this is totally unacceptable behavior from one of his employees.

Last edited:

wingdo

Reaction score
I myself use friendstream, but both FB and Twitter only check for updates every 2 hours. I use the home clock / weather widget with refresh every three hours. I use the full page agenda as it is my WORK phone. I have Exchange PUSH email enabled as if I don't use push my company will force a BB on me. I've not complained much about the phone's battery life except to say that I used my OC'd (to 1000MHz) the same way I use the TB but I averaged over 20 hours on the D1 vs 4-5ish on the TB.

Now what DOES tick me off is the fact last week I went to the VZW store in the hopes of getting a big discount on the extended battery by complaining about the battery life. The woman who sold me the phone was working to figure out what they could do when some salesguy came over to help looked at my phone for a couple minutes and then said it should be better now.

Wow, just goes to show you that many VZW reps are ill-informed about a lot of things Android-related (especially with this phone in particular). I never would have let them start changing and downloading things on me without watching exactly what they were doing. Sorry to hear that! Lesson learned. On the bright side, maybe you will get that discounted extended battery now from the manager if you complain, as I agree that this is totally unacceptable behavior from one of his employees.

He was behind the counter. I specifically said "don't change or install anything" and he said "I'm not, I am just looking at things". That's why the store manager and I are going to have a little talk as the only thing he said he did was lower the screen brightness.

tomjhansen

Reaction score
My first full day with the humpback battery and I can tell you that it was so nice to not have to recharge all day. Going on 15 hours of fairly full use and I just hit 50 %. Anyone on the fence should just get the big battery and move on. Now like everyone else just waiting for a better case - currently using a pouch style from fleabay.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

rcwheelman

Reaction score
I just purchased the TB with extended battery. No tests performed yet. But I'm pretty sure it will be better than my Droid original with stock battery. Seeing that everywhere I went I had to bring my charger.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bigjonmoo73

Reaction score
My first full day with the humpback battery and I can tell you that it was so nice to not have to recharge all day. Going on 15 hours of fairly full use and I just hit 50 %. Anyone on the fence should just get the big battery and move on. Now like everyone else just waiting for a better case - currently using a pouch style from fleabay.

Does the battery gauge show the proper amount of battery left? I just ask because on my D1, I had the extended battery, but it would not show the proper amount of battery life left. I had to restart the D1 for it to show how much battery was left.

Reaction score
if you want a case for the phone but have the extended battery just get the hi-gloss silicone case and cut the back out with a razor blade so the extended battery comes through. i did this with the black case and i think it looks good.

rcwheelman

Reaction score

Does the battery gauge show the proper amount of battery left? I just ask because on my D1, I had the extended battery, but it would not show the proper amount of battery life left. I had to restart the D1 for it to show how much battery was left.

So far its pretty accurate. It take an extremely long time to charge the 2700 to full. But so far I'm at
36% with heavy use since this morning. Also running gps, blue tooth, 4g, and facebook widget. So I think it will be dead just in time for me to charge it again when I get home. 10 hours roughly.
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

rjcapp

Reaction score
the extended battery is awesome. Say no more

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jaymoneyman

Reaction score
there are 2 things you wanna do...

You could either buy another battery and go to Seidioonline.com and get the charger that charges the phone and the battery simultaneously, or you could get the extended battery and get the belt clip for non-case devices, it's your choice, I got the extended battery and the case just because i dont ike to see the battery die...chose wisely dancedroid

bhall238

Reaction score
Well, I caved. I said I wouldn't go there but today is the first day with the 2750 mAh battery. I got it from Verizon (discount :)) but it is the HTC battery and back package. I can still use the belt clip I was using and if I'm going to use the car dock I will put the original battery back in. So far after almost 5 hours of being off the charger and my typical usage, I am at 96%. I am loving this.

OP
guitarchris123
Reaction score
Amazon.com: HTC VERIZON THUNDERBOLT 4G LTE 2x1700mAh Battery better than OEM (35H00142-07M) + Wall Travel Dock USB Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories
HTC Thunderbolt Verizon 1700mAh 2 Battery+Dock USB CHGR - eBay (item 320679484807 end time May-01-11 15:24:17 PDT)

New battery size available - 1700 mAh. You get 2 and a charger for $50-55. If anyone decides to purchase this set, be sure to let us know how they do. They look like they are made by HTC, and they say Merge and MyTouch 4G on the side, but not Thunderbolt. They do have a photo showing it fitting the Thunderbolt with the stock door though. I am a little hesitant, but these are not the same "cheapos" we've been seeing on ebay so far, so I'm very curious to hear how they perform.

metstang

Reaction score
Just got the 2750 today. It doesn't add much more weight and is actually fairly comfortable to hold while on a call. I will see what kind of battery life I get over the weekend.

Sent from Asgard by a Thunderbolt