Extended Battery for Thunderbolt

BGKris

Reaction score
Took me a whole 2 mins to cut it out with scissors or knife. Great alternative until the cases come out. :icon_ banana:

LHLXD

Reaction score
Just for reference

For those who want to know if the Seidio Naked Holster fits with the extended battery, I just got the case today and all I can say is perfect fit. This might be a temporary case for me in the meantime trying to wait for seidio's extended battery and their extended battery case along with their holster. So far I am satisfied with it although I do feel insecure if I am going to scratch the metal finish from the kickstand. I think I should get the carbon fiber decal sticker from BODYGUARDZ. Although the decal sticker is for regular standard body, You can cut it out and stick it. But it's just a thought. Anyway, pictures speak for themselves. Enjoy.
Mods feel free to tell me if I post this wrong. I've been following this forum for a while but just registered today just to share information out for everyone. I apologize if I have done these picture links the wrong way.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Man that is a huge hump. I'm hoping they come out with a slimmer version.

LHLXD

Reaction score
Im pretty sure Seidio's version will be bigger than this; lets say much more similar like the Droid Incredible's battery from Seidio? I hope not though, They way it looks on the picture seem big. This is true, but there is an advantage of it. Not only it provides better battery life, but also better feel when place on your hand. Feels like you are holding the right thickness of the phone.

powells85

Reaction score
For those who want to know if the Seidio Naked Holster fits with the extended battery, I just got the case today and all I can say is perfect fit. This might be a temporary case for me in the meantime trying to wait for seidio's extended battery and their extended battery case along with their holster. So far I am satisfied with it although I do feel insecure if I am going to scratch the metal finish from the kickstand. I think I should get the carbon fiber decal sticker from BODYGUARDZ. Although the decal sticker is for regular standard body, You can cut it out and stick it. But it's just a thought. Anyway, pictures speak for themselves. Enjoy.
Mods feel free to tell me if I post this wrong. I've been following this forum for a while but just registered today just to share information out for everyone. I apologize if I have done these picture links the wrong way.
When did you place your order and what state are you located in?
Placed my order on the 19th and I'm still waiting for it to arrive in NJ.

zelk10

Reaction score
Question on battery alternative

I noticed on Amazon that there is an external Solar Powered battery pack with a USB interface. Would that be a better choice than a second battery (normal or extended life)?

LHLXD

Reaction score
I live in New York. I placed my order on the 18th but Instead of ordering it fro Seidio's Website, I ordered them from amazon's website. Found it cheaper and I was in their Amazon Prime membership, So two days free shipping. They didnt really had it in stock at that time so it took a while until they sent me a message on Saturday of the 19th or Sunday of the 20th that they just had it in stock. It was $23.99 in Amazon versus the $29.99 dollars from Seidio's Website. With tax on amazon, it came out to be $26.12 as you can see the picture below:
1301068695865.jpg

Where else, Seidio charges a lot.
Amazon's Sedio's case for Thunderbolt is in this link:
Seido Holster For HTC Thunderbolt
Mods, feel free to edit this, Im fairly new to forums because this is my first time joining into one.

Last edited:

LHLXD

Reaction score
I noticed on Amazon that there is an external Solar Powered battery pack with a USB interface. Would that be a better choice than a second battery (normal or extended life)?

In my opinion, Solar Battery Pack is a great idea, but with that being small, I don't think It would charge fast enough, It'll take hours or days depending the sunlight received for the battery to fully charge up. They do however will come up with a wireless charging station but then again, Verizon or HTC wants you to slap in a few hundred for the charging station and the wireless battery for the HTC phone itself.
The wireless battery cover itself cost $39.99 (may change) but said it on this site:
Wireless battery Cover
And that did not come out yet, and the charging station, I saw the verizon version but that was a picture with the LG Revolution in the mobile convention booth somewhere around the tech site assuming that it'll be also compatible with the HTC thunderbolt because it was Verizon Branded. That station I assume will cost a hundred or a bit more.

powells85

Reaction score
I live in New York. I placed my order on the 18th but Instead of ordering it fro Seidio's Website, I ordered them from amazon's website. Found it cheaper and I was in their Amazon Prime membership, So two days free shipping. They didnt really had it in stock at that time so it took a while until they sent me a message on Saturday of the 19th or Sunday of the 20th that they just had it in stock. It was $23.99 in Amazon versus the $29.99 dollars from Seidio's Website. With tax on amazon, it came out to be $26.12 as you can see the picture below:
1301068695865.jpg

Where else, Seidio charges a lot.
Amazon's Sedio's case for Thunderbolt is in this link:
Seido Holster For HTC Thunderbolt
Mods, feel free to edit this, Im fairly new to forums because this is my first time joining into one.
Thanks, appears mine should be arriving this afternoon.
Edit: Appears it's at my front door

Last edited:

Raptor007

Reaction score
Here's a cheapy case I bought off ebay to hold me over until the extended cases are out.
IMG_0982.jpg
yea that is what I am going to do with an exacto knife. I'm just going to cut the back so the battery can poke threw. As long as I have the bumper guard around the edge of the screen I'll be fine.

Quick question since I was looking at doing this as well. How well is the silicone case holding up. When you take it out or put it in your pocket does it seem like its going to come off easily?

BGKris

Reaction score
Here's a cheapy case I bought off ebay to hold me over until the extended cases are out.
IMG_0982.jpg
yea that is what I am going to do with an exacto knife. I'm just going to cut the back so the battery can poke threw. As long as I have the bumper guard around the edge of the screen I'll be fine.

Quick question since I was looking at doing this as well. How well is the silicone case holding up. When you take it out or put it in your pocket does it seem like its going to come off easily?
It's doing fine so far, hasn't fell off yet. The only issue is getting the phone in and out of my jeans pocket due to the silicone lol

OP
guitarchris123
Reaction score
Been using the Seidio slim extended 1600 battery for a few days now (at least 2 full battery cycles), and I've been getting several more hours of use than with the stock battery (not just 1-2, more like 5-10 hours extra with moderate use over the weekend). For those thinking they will wait for a bigger slim extended battery (eg. 1800) that will fit under the same back, keep dreaming, its not gonna happen, nor is it likely even physically possible (if it was, we'd be discussing one right now instead of a 1600). Your 2 options are either this one, or a humpback.

wingdo

Reaction score
Been using the Seidio slim extended 1600 battery for a few days now (at least 2 full battery cycles), and I've been getting several more hours of use than with the stock battery (not just 1-2, more like 5-10 hours extra with moderate use over the weekend). For those thinking they will wait for a bigger slim extended battery (eg. 1800) that will fit under the same back, keep dreaming, its not gonna happen, nor is it likely even physically possible (if it was, we'd be discussing one right now instead of a 1600). Your 2 options are either this one, or a humpback.

Not to doubt you in any way, but I don't understand how 15% more mah can possibly double phone life.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X

Not to doubt you in any way, but I don't understand how 15% more mah can possibly double phone life.
No kidding. It's impossible.

OP
guitarchris123
Reaction score

Its not double for me personally, I guess I should have added that I was getting about 20-21 hours on my stock battery (to give it context), and can get anywhere from 25-35 hours on the Sedio, because I'm not constantly playing with my phone all day and don't have a bunch of junk constantly syncing/updating, I have utilized many of my battery saving techniques from the tips thread, and part of that time was spent sleeping obviously. You don't have to believe me, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm getting great battery life, especially for a powerful smartphone that many others have been experiencing trouble with. I'm also not in an LTE area, since that seems to make a difference.