Extended Battery for Thunderbolt

awdwhip

Reaction score
Did they discontinue the 2750 battery? Now they got a massive 3200mAh battery on Seidio...

seidioonline.com

They didn't. That's just Seido's version of the extended.

FYI, Sedio is also the manufacturer of the 2750mah battery. The 3200mah battery is just another option now. I think they're both the same physical size, though.

rockula

Reaction score
Still no word on a good case that fits ext life batteries? I'm guessing there won't be many of the "common ones" that will fit such as the new Otterbox. I can't imagine not using an ext life battery though. Mine needs charged every night, but makes it thru the day. My orig battery wouldnt.

However my buddy as the Droid X for Sprint I think? And he just got the Gingerbread update and said his phone's battery life is wonderful now. I can't wait till this comes out for the TBolt!

supermoca

Reaction score
I sell a 3500mah thunderbolt charger for $20. I'll hook you up!
Sent from my SPH-D700 using DroidForums

ss13

Reaction score
Went into Verizon store yesterday to get the extended battery to at least try it and they are selling them at 50% off.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

drpastl

Reaction score
bought the extended

I bought the extended for the one it came out with. i ran through it not even in a whole day. the extended does make it last longer for myself a day & a half, or little longer and i like watching movies or tv on mine. but im looking for one of those compact battery chargers that you charge up and take it with you incase your battery dies on the road then you have an external one like you can have with ipods or iphones etc.dancedroid

DroidStang

Reaction score
Not 100% that juice defender really helps all that much cause I removed it and still getting same life, reason I removed was I noticed as it did its job by idling the network when screen turns off , once I opened up screen the 3 g did not always come back, but now that I disabled / removed it the 3 g stays up all the time.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not 100% that juice defender really helps all that much cause I removed it and still getting same life, reason I removed was I noticed as it did its job by idling the network when screen turns off , once I opened up screen the 3 g did not always come back, but now that I disabled / removed it the 3 g stays up all the time.

+1 I never noticed a difference with it either.

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

deepo

Reaction score
awesome battery life

Just got the Seido extended battery and it rocks. I'm no longer resetting settings to kill apps and Verizon bloatware. I can use the apps and programs that I bought the phone for without worrying about emptying my battery. The other day I was upstate NY, played with the camera, used the GPS, checked email all day, in general, used the phone! I didn't even have to plug it in the mobile charger. I've had the battery last more than 24 hours. I do have my email set so I manually refresh, but I'll probably change that since this battery is so good. Charge it according to instructions (8 hrs, reboot, 1 hr, reboot, 1 hr). Yeah, my phone looks like a pregnant guppy but I'm finally happy with it.

naknak95

Reaction score
Just got the Seido extended battery and it rocks. I'm no longer resetting settings to kill apps and Verizon bloatware. I can use the apps and programs that I bought the phone for without worrying about emptying my battery. The other day I was upstate NY, played with the camera, used the GPS, checked email all day, in general, used the phone! I didn't even have to plug it in the mobile charger. I've had the battery last more than 24 hours. I do have my email set so I manually refresh, but I'll probably change that since this battery is so good. Charge it according to instructions (8 hrs, reboot, 1 hr, reboot, 1 hr). Yeah, my phone looks like a pregnant guppy but I'm finally happy with it.

I'll have to look into it, right now I'm using the 2750 and haven't charged it in 2 days with 48% left. Thanks for the info.

hondasarecool

Reaction score
1800 mah slim

i have purchased a 1800mah slim battery for mine and i get a day of battery life now. im used to charging my previous droid overnight so it isnt a problem for me. i also swap batteries when they die because i got 2 1800mah slim batteries and an external battery charger for around $10 on ebay.