Extended Battery for Thunderbolt

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Accessories' started by guitarchris123, Feb 28, 2011.

1. metstang

metstang New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just got the 2750 today. It doesn't add much more weight and is actually fairly comfortable to hold while on a call. I will see what kind of battery life I get over the weekend.

Sent from Asgard by a Thunderbolt

2. wworx

wworx New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had a situation where stock batt meter wasn't reading correctly and it wouldn't charge 100%. Did a batt pull and its been ok last 4 days

3. Lynseyw

Lynseyw New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Thanks for the heads up. I just bought them from ebay. Slightly cheaper from the same seller. I will let you know how they hold up. I am in Cali and they ship from there, so I should have them soon. Like the idea of having a charged one on hand at all times.

4. jaymoneyman

jaymoneyman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great I think its the best 50 dollars you can spend on an accessory

5. metstang

metstang New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I took my 2750mAh battery off of the charger at 4 pm Saturday with 100% charge. I used it all weekend like I normally do, checking forums, Twitter, web surfing, playing angry birds, phone calls etc. GPS and all location services were on. I am also in a strong 4G area. When I went to bed at 11:00 pm Sunday night, I still had 36% left on the battery! This battery is a must for TBolt owners. It doesn't add that much more weight, and I actually find that it is more comfortable to hold while on a call.

6. wingdo

wingdo Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    And yet right in the technical details it says:
    Capacity: 1500 mAh; (Compatible model BD42100,PD42100,35H00142-07M)

7. guitarchris123

guitarchris123 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I wonder which is the typo/mistake then...thanks for pointing that out for everyone! I didn't notice that my first time reading through the listing, that's pretty misleading. I sent the ebay seller a message to see what he has to say on the issue and whether he could determine it for sure one way or the other. Anyone looking to buy it from Amazon may want to email them ahead of time to clear everything up.

8. wingdo

wingdo Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    The fact that they use HTC's name and logo on the battery is a bit off putting to me. HTC is not the manufacturer. I smell a battery which will die in 3 months.

9. rockula

rockula Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sent to the VZ store last night after spending a few days in a 4G area (Cincinnati). Wow, 4G is about as fast as my home Wifi network!

But wow, the stock battery life was rancid. Since I needed A new screen protector and case, I decided to get a new battery.
    I went with the big dawg Because I got a discount for buying 3 accessories. I got the silicone case Because it's easiest to mod. I wanted a dock But they are sold out everywhere. I wanted a dock to charge 2 batteries But also to watch videos while charging. The placement for the charge jack is really inconvenient. Apparently using the dock makes it better.

They asked me if I had problems
    registering the data plan when I got the phone, Which of course I did. They told me it was a specific type 3g server issue, and that a hard reset wasn't neccasary. The guy asked to see my phone So I let him check it out. He said my phone was fine But the problem was the phones were looking for a specific 3g network And disconnecting between the 2 types. I don't know if that is true or not.

I sorta trust the VZ guys in store. But they did ask if I had a task killer app. I told them no because of the battery drain. The dude grabbed my phone and installed an app That he says doesn't drain the battery Because it's designed for the 2.2 system. The application is called TaskPanel Xtra. I guess I will give it a try. He said that if you don't have 2.2 it will drain the battery.

So far this big 2700mah battery is awesome. I'm wondering if there's a certain type of way I should charge it since it's new? I just let it charge over night. But after it was fully charged I did a battery pull and let it charge some more before using it.

I'm definitely going to be looking for a dock. I'm also hoping I don't screw up this case when cutting it to fit the bigger battery!

Will keep you posted,

Jason

PS- Painstakingly used speech to text to make this message.

Sent from my Thunderbolt 4GLTE

10. rockula

rockula Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just to follow up... this 2750 battery has been amazing so far! I'm not sure what this "dock" is that VZW was telling me about, because I couldn't find it at Amazon. I still need to mod my silicone case too. Highly recommended upgrade! I don't mind that it makes the phone fatter or slightly heavier either. To me, it's easier to hold!

11. rockula

rockula Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone post more detailed pix of their "cut up" case to fit this battery? I have the VZ silicone case, and it should cut nicely. I would be more comfortable cutting it if I could see more detail around the top of the battery, both on and off the phone. Thanks!
    Jason

12. BGKris

BGKris Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Jason,
    Not a problem. I'll take some better ones tomorrow after work.

13. Casper3686

Casper3686 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had that same luck at first....then after the third day my extended battery has gone dead after a normal day of use. I haven't changed the settings at all. Not sure if I have a bad ext battery or not...

Sent from my Thunderbolt

14. naknak95

naknak95 Member

Ratings:
    +0

my extended battery isn't working right either :(, i don't know if it's the battery or the thunderbolt. anybody else having problems or has any fixes? i don't want to turn 4g off because i get 4g service most of the time

15. Viper Daimao

Viper Daimao Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There's a thread on this battery in the tb accessories forum. Someone downloaded an app that displays the battery mAh and the "1700" one displayed at 1350, the same as the stock battery.

Search tags for this page
extended battery for droid thunderbolt
how long does the extended battery for thunderbolt last
how long does the htc thunderbolt extended battery last
how long does the thunderbolt extended battery last
htc thunderbolt slim extended battery
slim extended life battery for htc thunderbolt
thunderbolt battery
thunderbolt battery cleveland ohio

thunderbolt extended battery

thunderbolt extended battery review