Extended Battery for Thunderbolt

wworx

Reaction score
My first full day with the humpback battery and I can tell you that it was so nice to not have to recharge all day. Going on 15 hours of fairly full use and I just hit 50 %. Anyone on the fence should just get the big battery and move on. Now like everyone else just waiting for a better case - currently using a pouch style from fleabay.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Does the battery gauge show the proper amount of battery left? I just ask because on my D1, I had the extended battery, but it would not show the proper amount of battery life left. I had to restart the D1 for it to show how much battery was left.

I had a situation where stock batt meter wasn't reading correctly and it wouldn't charge 100%. Did a batt pull and its been ok last 4 days

Lynseyw

Reaction score
Amazon.com: HTC VERIZON THUNDERBOLT 4G LTE 2x1700mAh Battery better than OEM (35H00142-07M) + Wall Travel Dock USB Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories
HTC Thunderbolt Verizon 1700mAh 2 Battery+Dock USB CHGR - eBay (item 320679484807 end time May-01-11 15:24:17 PDT)

New battery size available - 1700 mAh. You get 2 and a charger for $50-55. If anyone decides to purchase this set, be sure to let us know how they do. They look like they are made by HTC, and they say Merge and MyTouch 4G on the side, but not Thunderbolt. They do have a photo showing it fitting the Thunderbolt with the stock door though. I am a little hesitant, but these are not the same "cheapos" we've been seeing on ebay so far, so I'm very curious to hear how they perform.

Thanks for the heads up. I just bought them from ebay. Slightly cheaper from the same seller. I will let you know how they hold up. I am in Cali and they ship from there, so I should have them soon. Like the idea of having a charged one on hand at all times.

jaymoneyman

Reaction score
Well, I caved. I said I wouldn't go there but today is the first day with the 2750 mAh battery. I got it from Verizon (discount :)) but it is the HTC battery and back package. I can still use the belt clip I was using and if I'm going to use the car dock I will put the original battery back in. So far after almost 5 hours of being off the charger and my typical usage, I am at 96%. I am loving this.

Great I think its the best 50 dollars you can spend on an accessory

metstang

Reaction score
I took my 2750mAh battery off of the charger at 4 pm Saturday with 100% charge. I used it all weekend like I normally do, checking forums, Twitter, web surfing, playing angry birds, phone calls etc. GPS and all location services were on. I am also in a strong 4G area. When I went to bed at 11:00 pm Sunday night, I still had 36% left on the battery! This battery is a must for TBolt owners. It doesn't add that much more weight, and I actually find that it is more comfortable to hold while on a call.

wingdo

Reaction score
Amazon.com: HTC VERIZON THUNDERBOLT 4G LTE 2x1700mAh Battery better than OEM (35H00142-07M) + Wall Travel Dock USB Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories
HTC Thunderbolt Verizon 1700mAh 2 Battery+Dock USB CHGR - eBay (item 320679484807 end time May-01-11 15:24:17 PDT)

New battery size available - 1700 mAh. You get 2 and a charger for $50-55. If anyone decides to purchase this set, be sure to let us know how they do. They look like they are made by HTC, and they say Merge and MyTouch 4G on the side, but not Thunderbolt. They do have a photo showing it fitting the Thunderbolt with the stock door though. I am a little hesitant, but these are not the same "cheapos" we've been seeing on ebay so far, so I'm very curious to hear how they perform.

And yet right in the technical details it says:
Capacity: 1500 mAh; (Compatible model BD42100,PD42100,35H00142-07M)

OP
guitarchris123
Reaction score

Well I wonder which is the typo/mistake then...thanks for pointing that out for everyone! I didn't notice that my first time reading through the listing, that's pretty misleading. I sent the ebay seller a message to see what he has to say on the issue and whether he could determine it for sure one way or the other. Anyone looking to buy it from Amazon may want to email them ahead of time to clear everything up.

wingdo

Reaction score
Well I wonder which is the typo/mistake then...thanks for pointing that out for everyone! I didn't notice that my first time reading through the listing, that's pretty misleading. I sent the ebay seller a message to see what he has to say on the issue and whether he could determine it for sure one way or the other. Anyone looking to buy it from Amazon may want to email them ahead of time to clear everything up.

The fact that they use HTC's name and logo on the battery is a bit off putting to me. HTC is not the manufacturer. I smell a battery which will die in 3 months.

rockula

Reaction score
Sent to the VZ store last night after spending a few days in a 4G area (Cincinnati). Wow, 4G is about as fast as my home Wifi network!

But wow, the stock battery life was rancid. Since I needed A new screen protector and case, I decided to get a new battery.
I went with the big dawg Because I got a discount for buying 3 accessories. I got the silicone case Because it's easiest to mod. I wanted a dock But they are sold out everywhere. I wanted a dock to charge 2 batteries But also to watch videos while charging. The placement for the charge jack is really inconvenient. Apparently using the dock makes it better.

They asked me if I had problems
registering the data plan when I got the phone, Which of course I did. They told me it was a specific type 3g server issue, and that a hard reset wasn't neccasary. The guy asked to see my phone So I let him check it out. He said my phone was fine But the problem was the phones were looking for a specific 3g network And disconnecting between the 2 types. I don't know if that is true or not.

I sorta trust the VZ guys in store. But they did ask if I had a task killer app. I told them no because of the battery drain. The dude grabbed my phone and installed an app That he says doesn't drain the battery Because it's designed for the 2.2 system. The application is called TaskPanel Xtra. I guess I will give it a try. He said that if you don't have 2.2 it will drain the battery.

So far this big 2700mah battery is awesome. I'm wondering if there's a certain type of way I should charge it since it's new? I just let it charge over night. But after it was fully charged I did a battery pull and let it charge some more before using it.

I'm definitely going to be looking for a dock. I'm also hoping I don't screw up this case when cutting it to fit the bigger battery!

Will keep you posted,

Jason

PS- Painstakingly used speech to text to make this message.

Sent from my Thunderbolt 4GLTE

rockula

Reaction score
Just to follow up... this 2750 battery has been amazing so far! I'm not sure what this "dock" is that VZW was telling me about, because I couldn't find it at Amazon. I still need to mod my silicone case too. Highly recommended upgrade! I don't mind that it makes the phone fatter or slightly heavier either. To me, it's easier to hold!

rockula

Reaction score
Here's a cheapy case I bought off ebay to hold me over until the extended cases are out.
IMG_0982.jpg
yea that is what I am going to do with an exacto knife. I'm just going to cut the back so the battery can poke threw. As long as I have the bumper guard around the edge of the screen I'll be fine.

Took me a whole 2 mins to cut it out with scissors or knife. Great alternative until the cases come out. :icon_ banana:

Can someone post more detailed pix of their "cut up" case to fit this battery? I have the VZ silicone case, and it should cut nicely. I would be more comfortable cutting it if I could see more detail around the top of the battery, both on and off the phone. Thanks!
Jason

Casper3686

Reaction score
I took my 2750mAh battery off of the charger at 4 pm Saturday with 100% charge. I used it all weekend like I normally do, checking forums, Twitter, web surfing, playing angry birds, phone calls etc. GPS and all location services were on. I am also in a strong 4G area. When I went to bed at 11:00 pm Sunday night, I still had 36% left on the battery! This battery is a must for TBolt owners. It doesn't add that much more weight, and I actually find that it is more comfortable to hold while on a call.

I had that same luck at first....then after the third day my extended battery has gone dead after a normal day of use. I haven't changed the settings at all. Not sure if I have a bad ext battery or not...

Sent from my Thunderbolt

naknak95

Reaction score

I had that same luck at first....then after the third day my extended battery has gone dead after a normal day of use. I haven't changed the settings at all. Not sure if I have a bad ext battery or not...

Sent from my Thunderbolt

my extended battery isn't working right either :(, i don't know if it's the battery or the thunderbolt. anybody else having problems or has any fixes? i don't want to turn 4g off because i get 4g service most of the time

Viper Daimao

Reaction score

There's a thread on this battery in the tb accessories forum. Someone downloaded an app that displays the battery mAh and the "1700" one displayed at 1350, the same as the stock battery.

BGKris

Reaction score
I'm bumming. My ext. Batt died last week. Before that my phone would last 2 days on a single charge.. now I'm barely lucky to do a few hours of heavy use. Ext battery is sold out everywhere. :(

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk