Seidio 1750 mah slim extended battery for Droid Eris

chassum

Reaction score
I got my 1750 mah yesterday. Charged it, started up the phone... :mad: - Lots of calibration issues (re-calibrated), corrupted email links (un & re-installed), lots of slow-to-load apps... finally it settled down and is fine now. The insert said battery life will improve after 5-6 full charges. My goodness though... what a trauma! (Just cannot wait 'til that 2.x update... what will it do with that, if a battery causes such issues! :icon_eek: )

"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes."

So, have you had any battery issues since the initial chaos? What kind of battery life are you getting? And how about a foto?

lowtech

Reaction score
I got my 1750 mah yesterday. Charged it, started up the phone... :mad: - Lots of calibration issues (re-calibrated), corrupted email links (un & re-installed), lots of slow-to-load apps... finally it settled down and is fine now. The insert said battery life will improve after 5-6 full charges. My goodness though... what a trauma! (Just cannot wait 'til that 2.x update... what will it do with that, if a battery causes such issues! :icon_eek: )

"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes."

So, have you had any battery issues since the initial chaos? What kind of battery life are you getting? And how about a foto?

All is serene. No more hiccups. I am still recharging at night. Starting full in the early morning and using it for a wide variety of things during the day, I end up with about 60% by about 9 PM. This is a little better than the standard battery was early in its life. As I used the standard battery the life became longer and I am sure this one will as well - it does take time and several recharges. As to a photo, there is absolutely no discernable difference between this and the standard battery, period. The back fits exactly like it did before. I am very pleased to be able to say that!

Jer

Reaction score
Updates from those that have had this battery for a while now? Any better? Same? Worse?

lowtech

Reaction score
Updates from those that have had this battery for a while now? Any better? Same? Worse?

Better! Mine hold's well all day now, as opposed to running down to around 30%. It now reads aroound 80% on average, mixed use, by evening. I'm glad I got this battery - still a nice, slim phone, now with better battery life.

Oddly, it drops by about 30% overnight! I have no clue why...?? (I have read about some Droids calling random phone numbers during the night... what a thought! :icon_eek: Mine shows no sign of such tricks, thank goodness!)

bad05gtt

Reaction score
jer....ive had my 1750 for at least a month now and i have no more battery issues...i did read all the different forums and did all the things i learned along with the 1750 battery (handcent, wifi, gps off ect) and now i dont have to look at my battery life all the time like i use too..i now use my phone all day long with plenty of charge left at night....also go to seidio and sign up for their newsletter and they will eventally send you codes to save money on their products...i got free shipping on mine....anything you can save helps !!!!!

karib

Reaction score
Well, I didn't really want to dish out $50 for the extended 1750 battery, but I did it anyways yesterday. And last night at 9pm when my battery was at about 10% I was feeling glad that I did. I'm not a VERY heavy user. And honestly I do have the opportunity to charge it throughout the day, but I want it to be able to last when I'm not going to be able to charge it frequently. Like while on vacation... I just want the peace of mind that it will be charged when I need it! I will report back after I get and have been using it for a while.

bad05gtt

Reaction score
Karib...i think you will be very happy with the 1750...it made a big difference to me...let us know what you think !!!!!

Jolest

Reaction score
I got one of the Seidio 1750mAh extended life batteries on Amazon for $41 with free shipping. (If you go there, be sure you get the $41 price. You can also pay $53 for the same battery if you want to or you're not careful which links you click...)

Link here: http://tinyurl.com/ya8tvlj

Same size as the original Eris battery.

I'm amazed by this battery. The mAh numbers don't imply it, but I easily get twice the life of the original HTC battery. Before I got this, I'd be compulsively plugging my phone into a charger everywhere I went. Now I can go a whole day with light use. If I use the phone a lot, I usually top it off in the afternoon before I leave work.

tonypantuci

Reaction score
Sorry if this was answered before, but missed it...
Quick question on the Seido 1750 -- is this a lithium battery, ie can you top it off like the stock Eris battery? Just got one but the documentation is kind of sparse...

VitalEagle

Reaction score
anywhere I could buy this other than online?

Is there a way I could buy this.. from a Verizon store or best buy or anywhere other than online?

TK.Droid.eris

Reaction score
I don't know if i want to spend the 40 some odd dollars for the 1750 mAh battery, or just get a 2600 off of ebay for 15.00 I have to change out batterys atleast twice a day and I get so tired of it. Its so hard if i'm gone to have a phone thats not always charging or dying. Which do you think will be best? I have one standard battery and one 1500 or whichever it is.

tazzpatriot

Reaction score
i have a droid eris and i use it all day and i have no issues with the battery at all , glad to see people who need it are gettin a better battery