Even More Froyo

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
@cereal killer
I don't recall your bolded quote being in the original OP, and P3 sort of had to mention he was annoyed before some changes were made (like P3 being added to the filename). But, they were made quickly, so that's what matters.

Let me say this. P3 and bbcrackman and the staff at MDW are awesome. I posted from the office and meant no disrespect to him. I have chatted with him and corrected my post. Once again sorry about the confusion

Miami

Mojo

Reaction score
Okay, I am having issues with installing busybox. With these instructions.

"To install busybox use Android Terminal or ADB Shell

TYPE:
Code:
sumount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system/xbinbusybox --install /system/xbin/mount -o remount,r -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
You have now installed busybox"

I am trying to use Better Terminal emulator, and when I type in the first line and press enter I get...

/data/data/com.magicandroidapps.bettertermpro/bin/sh: sumount: not found

RiotSauce

Reaction score
TYPE:
Code:
sumount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system/xbinbusybox --install /system/xbin/mount -o remount,r -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
You have now installed busybox

I feel like an idiot for asking but how do we type this into the terminal? I did it with BB for 2.1 to get busy box but it was like 2 lines of code-- Do we type it in all at once? Sorry! :(

keenish27

Reaction score
Well after running this for a bit I can say that I don't see much of a difference in it. You still cannot get flash from the market and apps are still missing from the market like LogMeIn. I think I'm going to go back to my rooted 2.1 till the official vzw release happens.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me why I want or need busybox?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
@cereal killer
I don't recall your bolded quote being in the original OP, and P3 sort of had to mention he was annoyed before some changes were made (like P3 being added to the filename). But, they were made quickly, so that's what matters.

Let me say this. P3 and bbcrackman and the staff at MDW are awesome. I posted from the office and meant no disrespect to him. I have chatted with him and corrected my post. Once again sorry about the confusion

Miami

Have not known of you to not give credit. You tried to help us out by putting the post out real quick while at work. people should know it was not meant to give cred to yourself. We know that P3 (heck it says it when you load up the file through recovery) and MDW are the one who worked hard on this. Good job to them and thanks Miami for posting it. Lets end the conversation at that. No need to let it continue, mistake made in a rush, issue fixed.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me why I want or need busybox?

hook u working to hard..

Any one wanting to install busybox the easy way install titanium backup and click problem? on the bottom, it will install it for you.

maxohkc

Reaction score
Its times like this i wish i had an iphone. I hate how every weeks our developers bring out awesome material for free! If i had an iphone i could freaking be set for a year with a crappy OS!! HAHAHA thanks P3Droid and Miami for getting this out to us for FREE!! Its developers like you that make Android the best Operating System around Hands Down!

iphone...NOT

Reaction score
(Version 2.1-update1 Kernel 2.6.29.) Is the jump to the newest Froyo possible from this platform without dowloading the first gen. Froyo first?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay, I am having issues with installing busybox. With these instructions.

"To install busybox use Android Terminal or ADB Shell

TYPE:
Code:
You have now installed busybox"

I am trying to use Better Terminal emulator, and when I type in the first line and press enter I get...

/data/data/com.magicandroidapps.bettertermpro/bin/sh: sumount: not found

you need a space in between "su" and "mount".

please link the directions you're using