Even More Froyo

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
To answer the non-rooted droid questions I believe yes there is a way but its harder than the original way, you may have to reflash back to 2.0 and than root. I'm just happy i rooted before the 2.1 upgrade :)

ipawd1

Reaction score
I am coming from a never rooted official 2.1...is this safe for me if I don't want to dive into the rooting excitement for droids? This is the OFFICIAL 2.2 that verizon would push over the air for our Droids?

Bump this...

I dont want to sound wrong, but if you purchase ROM Manager, you can root your phone that way. And yes I think it bypasses your OTA updates. Then again, this is supposed to be the update I believe. Officially

ipawd1

Reaction score
For some reason the market on this update is just as slow as Bugless V.0.3. Been sitting on Installing a good two minutes.

Vinaaga

Reaction score
After BB v 0.3 my market never synced. I just had to redownload everything. Waited a good 15min for it too

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I am coming from a never rooted official 2.1...is this safe for me if I don't want to dive into the rooting excitement for droids? This is the OFFICIAL 2.2 that verizon would push over the air for our Droids?

Bump this...

I dont want to sound wrong, but if you purchase ROM Manager, you can root your phone that way. And yes I think it bypasses your OTA updates. Then again, this is supposed to be the update I believe. Officially

Rom Manager is for rooted phones, it can NOT root your phone.

If you are 2.1-update1 the easiest way is to use RDLite to flash the SPRecovery.sbf file to your phone. This will give you SPRecovery as your recovery program allowing you to install unsigned .zip files (like update.zip to root OR a SPRecovery backup that has root).

zfly9

Reaction score

Bump this...

Can someone confirm this? All I have to do is purchase ROM Manager, and apply this .zip?

hairdewx

Reaction score
Anyone have a working direct download link? I can't access mediafire/rapidshare/etc from work :(

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
anyone have it fired up? curious how it compares to the source builds out there

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I realized that the original/source MDW is not linked in the OP.
That's pretty lame, cite your sources!

MyDroidWorld Exclusive: Official Update (Leaked) FRF84B
Miami and P3 have a VERY good working relationship : )

Miami ALWAYS gives credit where credit is due. Perhaps you missed this?

"one more time before the official release rolls out. DF has gotten permission to repost this from MDW as always. P3 over at MDW has leaked the official VZW build of Froyo for the Droid........so again a big thanks to him and MDW for thier continued support and friendship"