[ROM] Eclipse v2.3 (7/25/12)

Discussion in 'Droid X2 Development' started by Nitroglycerine33, Oct 6, 2011.

1. neyeswhip

neyeswhip New Member

I am fairly familiar with the whole rooting/flashing process. I don't believe it is common sense, seeing how many others are making the same mistake. Just saying, I think it should state that you must use RSD, not just flash a 2.3.4 with bootstrap. I have used RSD and will be doing thins when I have the time required to go through all the steps.
  2. neyeswhip

neyeswhip New Member

Yes. As stated in this thread, you must flash the 2.3.4 sbf with RSD Lite prior to flashing this rom.
  3. crashngo

crashngo New Member

I am running into an issue with the 2.3.4 sbf, i got he download from this thread [SBF] Update to 4.5.1A-DTN-150-30 (GB 2.3.4) [Still locked] - xda-developers . The issue i am having is that when it get s to the part where is says re-booting phone, the phone boot loops at the droid noise and droid eye and it eventually says please power up phone manually and even once i try to do that it still boot loops at the droid noise and droid eye. I have tried flashing it several times to no avail. Currently i am attempting to sbf back to stock 2.2.2 and then to 2.3.3 and then finally to 2.3.4 to get a clean slate. Also on a side note, do i need to root the 2.3.3 build? before attempting to flash the 2.3.4? I dont think so but im just trying to make sure.

EDIT: After attempting to flash 2.2.2 it still boot looped at the droid noise and droid eye
    did i just brick my phone? I seriously hope not.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  4. nateohio

nateohio New Member

Go ahead and flash the 2.3.4 SBF again. This happens to me all the time, its called a bootloop. When you get to the part where it says to manually power up the phone, unplug the cable and pull the battery.

DO NOT do this before the bootloop starts AND RSD says to manually power up the phone!!! You will brick your device!!

-Go ahead and put your battery back in and boot to the fast boot menu, just like you did for RSD mode.

-Use the volume down key navigate to Android Recovery, once there press the volume up button to start android recovery

-When you see the android guy with the exclamation point, press both volume keys to enter recovery.

-Select Data wipe / factory data reset and also wipe your cache.

-Then navigate back and use android recovery to reboot the phone.

-After that, it should all be taken care of and it will probably take around 5 minutes for the phone to fully boot.

Let me know if you run into any issues. Also, You can get to 2.3.4 without root, but if you want to install eclipse v1.1 you'll need root to install system recovery so you can flash the eclipse zip in bootstrap.
  5. crashngo

crashngo New Member

Nate, you are a life saver. Thanks you so much. I was able to fully boot. I thought i got my self into some big trouble there. Thanks again.

And yeah, I know i need to be rooted in order to instal eclipse, I am coming off of the D1 and I need to pay more attention to the instructions for the DX2. The D1 was just flash and go, unfortunately the X2 is not but aleast I know and realize this now.

Thanks again.
  6. nateohio

nateohio New Member

No problem

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  7. zakky12

zakky12 New Member

where can i find the 2.3.4 thingy!?
  8. zakky12

zakky12 New Member

where do i get the 2.3.4 to do this!
  9. nateohio

nateohio New Member

10. zakky12

zakky12 New Member

i have no clue what RSDlite is,

and is it rooted, and if not, how do i root it?

if its not too much to ask i would like a step by step guide from 2.3.3 to Eclipse

**update, i just got the 2.3.4 update from my phone, and it un-rooted me.
    so a guide from un-rooted 2.3.4 to eclipse. please, and thanks.

**i'm useing Pete's Motorola Root Tools to root it, i hope this is correct.
    after that, fill me in?
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  11. zakky12

zakky12 New Member

sorry for being so n00bish, i just dont want to mess up my phone.

before i put Eclipse on it should i wipe all my data, or will it be fine? also, i have GO Launcher EX on it, should i remove this?
  12. zakky12

zakky12 New Member

i got it. eclipse sucessful.
  13. billmcg

billmcg New Member

Battery Issue

Hey, i could use some HELP!!

i flashed this 2 days ago, without any problems whatsoever. I was on a fresh copy of 2.3.4 SBF (rooted) - that build was working fine, my battery life was very good (for me anyway, like 18 to 20 hrs on average usage) i did have the typical battery usage problems others were reporting, where the battery would mysteriously gain about 10% on reboot, but i could live with that.

I flashed Eclipse, and was LOVING IT!! - However my battery is dropping like a stone. I have since done 2 complete battery calibrations, exactly like the directions call for.
    i have gone into task monitor and killed anything that doesn't need to run - (put on auto kill list), i have frozen any bloat or anything else that is unnecessary.

when i flashed the rom, i did the data/cache wipe 3 times!! - it seems to run GREAT, and i am LOVING it, but i cannot live with the battery drain...

my battery is still dropping like a rock...i am getting 8 hrs doing absolutely nothing, i have it set to nighttime saver, and during 8 hours of sleep, i wake up to a nearly dead battery!!

View attachment 41271

I could use some help troubleshooting...Thanks in advance!!
  14. Samer

Samer New Member

Recharge the battery to 100% > reboot into recovery > Wipe Battery Stats
  15. billmcg

billmcg New Member

Don't mean to be argumentative...

but isn't that exactly what a battery calibration does?? wipe the battery stats?
    is there any reason to use this method over a calibration??
    again, i don't know that's why i am asking -

my battery is dropping like 1% a minute

/UPDATE/ - 10-14-2011

Narrowing in on the battery issues, i think Light Flow was the culprit, i am still testing tho

i installed System Panel, wow that a good app, wish i would have used that long ago...that was helpful narrowing down EVERYTHING that is running, CPU, Memory, Battery, Network

sucks cause i really liked Light Flow, and it worked fine on 2.3.4 rooted stock...but for some reason it doesn't play well with Eclipse, and i like Eclipse better that Light Flow so now custom notifications for me anymore...(Blink FC's)
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  16. Veraster

Veraster New Member

Hey what happens if I install thing without being rooted first? Because for some reason my phone can't be rooted on 2.3.4 and installing this would be a lot less trouble than returning the phone.
  17. Lowchef

Lowchef New Member

I'm digging this rom alot...I swear my battery life has nearly doubled ...its crazy!
  18. izzo540

izzo540 New Member

Haven't run into any issues yet. Was a surprisingly seamless process. This was the first mod I applied to my out of the box x2 and I gotta say the x2 is excellent. Even on stock 2.3.4 which was released the day after I got the phone. The difference in speed and resolution compared ti the x is incredible. However battery life was poopy and the locked bootloader apparently doesn't approve if underclocking and undervolting. So that meant one thing. Time to root and ROM this piece. So I did

Using the v7 easy root kit. I had no problem rooting. Dropped into recovery with a signed version of the x2 recovery apk and things were looking swell. Did a quick reboot without changing anything thru x2 bootstrap to make sure it didn't hang. And then sure enough it did not. Went back into recovery and erased my data 4 or 5 times. And erases my cache 4 or 5 times. Then I reset mt battery stats. Wiped some dalvik cache and let eclipse do its thing. After install of 1.1 and patch. I decided to data wipe 3 more times. and same with cache. Booted straight into eclipse without the initial hang. And this alleviated the wifi issue people seem to be having. I see about a 2/4 or greater increase in my battery so far. Id say ill get 10 hours of high texting low service use

19. armopride07

armopride07 New Member

i've noticed a slight problem. there are black sections where there shouldn't be. for example, in GO SMS Pro under my last thread of messages, instead of the theme color, the screen is black. same with other apps as well.
  20. izzo540

izzo540 New Member

I'm pretty sure the mod has a problem with the market. The second and so on pages don't load. As in if there are 700 results in a search it stops at the end of the page. No further loading results

Search tags for this page

droid x2 eclipse

droid x2 eclipse rom
droid x2 eclipse rom download
eclipse 2.3 droid x2 download

eclipse droid x2

eclipse for droid x2
eclipse rom

eclipse rom download

eclipse rom droid x2

eclipse rom droid x2 download