[ROM] Eclipse v2.3 (7/25/12)

neyeswhip

Reaction score
Download the soaktest/leaked sbf for the x2. Sbfs can only be flashed in RSD.

Thank you! No where on this forum, or any others that have been linked, does it say you must use RSD to get to 2.3.4. I assume others with wifi issues are only bootstrapping a 2.3.4 before 1.0 like i was, and assuming that is good enough for the kernal. Thanks again for the clarification.

nateohio

Reaction score
Thank you! No where on this forum, or any others that have been linked, does it say you must use RSD to get to 2.3.4. I assume others with wifi issues are only bootstrapping a 2.3.4 before 1.0 like i was, and assuming that is good enough for the kernal. Thanks again for the clarification.

Actually it states that you need to be on the newest 2.3.4 build right in the original post. Seeing as how the ONLY way to get the 2.3.4 build, aside from OTA soak test, is the SBF file, it's common sense that you would have to use RSDlite to flash it. The build you were using was NOT an X2 build, it was an Atrix build that was ported to the X2 by navenedrob on XDA.

Whenever your flashing roms, you need to be extremely careful and thoroughly read up on the process. With the huge variety of options out there, it is even more critical to pay attention to what you're doing because it is very easy to soft brick a device. If you are not familiar with SBF and Fastboot files, and RSDlite I highly recommend getting acquainted. These are the closest thing to a fail safe that's out there.

ryokox3

Reaction score
I'm really liking this rom. Just curious where the desktop layout is saved. I'd like to copy it to my sd card so after a wipe I can get set up quickly like it was before.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can backup your data with titaniumbackup pro... then just restore once the rom is installed

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

crashngo

Reaction score
I am having wifi issues aswell, but could this be due to me flashing this after having V0.8 without going to the 2.3.4? If so do i just need to sbf the 2.3.4 and then flash this?

neyeswhip

Reaction score
Actually it states that you need to be on the newest 2.3.4 build right in the original post. Seeing as how the ONLY way to get the 2.3.4 build, aside from OTA soak test, is the SBF file, it's common sense that you would have to use RSDlite to flash it. The build you were using was NOT an X2 build, it was an Atrix build that was ported to the X2 by navenedrob on XDA.

Whenever your flashing roms, you need to be extremely careful and thoroughly read up on the process. With the huge variety of options out there, it is even more critical to pay attention to what you're doing because it is very easy to soft brick a device. If you are not familiar with SBF and Fastboot files, and RSDlite I highly recommend getting acquainted. These are the closest thing to a fail safe that's out there.

I am fairly familiar with the whole rooting/flashing process. I don't believe it is common sense, seeing how many others are making the same mistake. Just saying, I think it should state that you must use RSD, not just flash a 2.3.4 with bootstrap. I have used RSD and will be doing thins when I have the time required to go through all the steps.

neyeswhip

Reaction score
I am having wifi issues aswell, but could this be due to me flashing this after having V0.8 without going to the 2.3.4? If so do i just need to sbf the 2.3.4 and then flash this?

Yes. As stated in this thread, you must flash the 2.3.4 sbf with RSD Lite prior to flashing this rom.

crashngo

Reaction score
I am running into an issue with the 2.3.4 sbf, i got he download from this thread [SBF] Update to 4.5.1A-DTN-150-30 (GB 2.3.4) [Still locked] - xda-developers . The issue i am having is that when it get s to the part where is says re-booting phone, the phone boot loops at the droid noise and droid eye and it eventually says please power up phone manually and even once i try to do that it still boot loops at the droid noise and droid eye. I have tried flashing it several times to no avail. Currently i am attempting to sbf back to stock 2.2.2 and then to 2.3.3 and then finally to 2.3.4 to get a clean slate. Also on a side note, do i need to root the 2.3.3 build? before attempting to flash the 2.3.4? I dont think so but im just trying to make sure.

EDIT: After attempting to flash 2.2.2 it still boot looped at the droid noise and droid eye
did i just brick my phone? I seriously hope not.

Last edited:

nateohio

Reaction score
Go ahead and flash the 2.3.4 SBF again. This happens to me all the time, its called a bootloop. When you get to the part where it says to manually power up the phone, unplug the cable and pull the battery.

DO NOT do this before the bootloop starts AND RSD says to manually power up the phone!!! You will brick your device!!

-Go ahead and put your battery back in and boot to the fast boot menu, just like you did for RSD mode.

-Use the volume down key navigate to Android Recovery, once there press the volume up button to start android recovery

-When you see the android guy with the exclamation point, press both volume keys to enter recovery.

-Select Data wipe / factory data reset and also wipe your cache.

-Then navigate back and use android recovery to reboot the phone.

-After that, it should all be taken care of and it will probably take around 5 minutes for the phone to fully boot.

Let me know if you run into any issues. Also, You can get to 2.3.4 without root, but if you want to install eclipse v1.1 you'll need root to install system recovery so you can flash the eclipse zip in bootstrap.

Last edited:

crashngo

Reaction score
Nate, you are a life saver. Thanks you so much. I was able to fully boot. I thought i got my self into some big trouble there. Thanks again.

And yeah, I know i need to be rooted in order to instal eclipse, I am coming off of the D1 and I need to pay more attention to the instructions for the DX2. The D1 was just flash and go, unfortunately the X2 is not but aleast I know and realize this now.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

zakky12

Reaction score
Is anyone else having wifi problems with this ROM? I made sure to flash 2.3.4 first, per the no kernal included note, but still had issues. For now I am running 8.1 with no problems.

where can i find the 2.3.4 thingy!?

zakky12

Reaction score
Yes, I have wiped, made sure I had 2.3.4 installed even after the wipe, re-wiped multiple times and no matter what wifi will not connect. Can you tell me what your kernel says in "about phone" when you have 1.1 installed with working wifi?

where do i get the 2.3.4 to do this!

zakky12

Reaction score
Right here:

[SBF] Update to 4.5.1A-DTN-150-30 (GB 2.3.4) [Still locked] - xda-developers

Use RSDlite 5.3.1 to flash this SBF file, or you could return to stock 2.3.3 (if you're not already) and wait for the OTA update. It seems as though its starting to roll out to everyone now.

i have no clue what RSDlite is,

and is it rooted, and if not, how do i root it?

if its not too much to ask i would like a step by step guide from 2.3.3 to Eclipse

**update, i just got the 2.3.4 update from my phone, and it un-rooted me.
so a guide from un-rooted 2.3.4 to eclipse. please, and thanks.

**i'm useing Pete's Motorola Root Tools to root it, i hope this is correct.
after that, fill me in?

Last edited: