[ROM] Eclipse ICS for droid 4

Discussion in 'Droid 4 ROMS' started by myfishbear, Sep 14, 2012.

1. colton22

colton22 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i hope this is not already posted however i am having an issue with the google now patch. it keeps loading as if it is the first time i opened the app. i have several times clicked 'yes i am in' and all it does is go to a google search bar with nothing more underneath. i search for NE Patriots and it pulls up a card (yes!) but after i close and reopen the app, it explains to me again what google now is and asks me if i am in... have already cleared data and cache to app. fresh upgrade from to latest build on your server. after install of build, flashed now6 zip then speedscript... any ideas? sorry, post on the d4 at work...

colton22

2. kenji91

kenji91 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    myfishbear - got a question for you. not sure if it's a rom thing or an app thing, but i use cpu spy to monitor how often my cpu is in each particular state when i notice a drop off in battery life. however, when i run your oc scripts, the battery stats file doesnt seem to change - it still has the 300/600/800/1000/1200. so if i run the 1320 one (which i have been), the only stats that get reported at 300 and 600 (since the others are 900, 1100, and 1320). do you know how i might be able to fix this?

3. guitarboy1193

guitarboy1193 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondering, what exactly is the hybrid version?

4. bgarlock

bgarlock Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hybrid has the moto and vzw stuff in the ROM too. I like moto's 'Smart Actions' so I run the hybrid build.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

5. guitarboy1193

guitarboy1193 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    oh okay, i might switch to that, my phones in dire need of a good wipe anyways! havent wiped since when i first came to eclipse, at around version 1.2 lol

6. bofis

bofis Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, I recently did a full wipe and reinstall of this ROM just to clean stuff up as I was having storage issues when updating already-installed apps. When I check under Storage in the main Settings, it has the internal storage listed as "App Storage" of a little more than 2 gigs, and then the fake internal SD-Card partition also maybe a lil more than 2 gigs from the look of it. My question is, where in the world is the rest of the 16 gigs of internal storage?!?! I don't even want there to be the stupid SD-Card partition, but if that's only using up 2 gigs, why are apps trapped in some other small 2gig partition? Is there some way to re-size the partitions in Android or even possibly make the ROM so that it just treats the internal storage as ONE 16 gig partition, which would seem to make far more sense than whatever it's doing now. While it says I have 331mb available for "Application Storage" I'm sure that my internal storage isn't nearly that full....and even so, why wouldn't Facebook, which is all of 14 megs take issue with updating when it's already using up that same 14 megs so updating couldn't possibly use up much more.

I am using SS 2.11 I believe and have never touched anything with regards to my mounts and partitions. I have a microSD card as well, but it has plenty of free space.

Even if this is not something you, myfishbear, can directly address right now, does anyone know of apps for Android that let you view/adjust partitions on Internal Storage?

Update: I downloaded DiskInfo and since I don't have permission to attach a file, click the link below for the results...still do not understand where all 16 gigs of internal space is, or why I'm getting the error of not enough space when updating Facebook or other larger apps that seemingly had enough space to be installed in the first place!
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/933680/Screenshot_2013-01-21-16-51-38.png

#750 bofis, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  7. fjompa

fjompa New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well the other 8gigs are used for the nonsafe(stock) system which is a limitation of made by motorola, the original rom uses 8gigs for system storage and the other 8 as a "fake" sd-card, so safestrap is limited to using those 8gigs as romslots and shared storage.

8. myfishbear

myfishbear Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +31
    Motorola Droid 4 advertises 16GB internal storage, only reports 8GB -- here's why

9. bofis

bofis Member

Ratings:
    +1
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah....arg! I wish the safe system could be stored over on my real microSD card and that the ROM could exist without a fake sd-card partition and just have all the space for internal storage...oh well, I figured out why it was wigging out on me though, the free Sonic CD that came with my Moga was entirely on internal storage and is like 300 megs...moved to SD at least which sadly is just the sd-card partition, but hey, free's up "internal storage"

10. floormonkey

floormonkey New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just installed, thanks. Had no problems that were not operator error. How do I buy you a beer?

11. myfishbear

myfishbear Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +31
    dont worry bout it

#755 myfishbear, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  12. drp5069

drp5069 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    is there going to be an update for this rom anytime soon?

Search tags for this page
droid 4

droid 4 eclipse

droid 4 eclipse ics

droid 4 eclipse rom

droid 4 ics rom
droid 4 ics roms
droid 4 roms

eclipse droid 4

eclipse rom droid 4

tinyshark 3.1.5 apk