[ROM] Eclipse ICS for droid 4

enoell

Reaction score
this is great, have been able to greatly extend battery life and overall performance. I tried the 1320ulv and it seemed a little unstable with a reboot every few hours. i updated it to the 1320lv and it seems much better, its been on nearly 20 hours with only 30% consumed with moderate use!! thanks fish. any helpful smart action tips?

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
this is great, have been able to greatly extend battery life and overall performance. I tried the 1320ulv and it seemed a little unstable with a reboot every few hours. i updated it to the 1320lv and it seems much better, its been on nearly 20 hours with only 30% consumed with moderate use!! thanks fish. any helpful smart action tips?
i killed smart actions on this rom cuz it uses battery power to run lol... it looks like it works but the triggers wont work... to save more pow id use a brightness control app cuz the illuminator is the biggest power sapper.
try custom auto brightness
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...loggraph&hl=en

moccor

Reaction score
Well, instead or wiping the ROM slot I decided to just install the 1.5.2 into a brand new slot. It's been running for 92 hours now, which is WAY longer than I could ever keep it going without a reboot than on the other slot. What I do notice is, my RAM usage is still 600MB and I have Swiftkey, Facebook and a autobrightness app, that's it lol. It still seems sluggish at times. Think a SBF is in need? I've already done that though to get to ICS

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Well, instead or wiping the ROM slot I decided to just install the 1.5.2 into a brand new slot. It's been running for 92 hours now, which is WAY longer than I could ever keep it going without a reboot than on the other slot. What I do notice is, my RAM usage is still 600MB and I have Swiftkey, Facebook and a autobrightness app, that's it lol. It still seems sluggish at times. Think a SBF is in need? I've already done that though to get to ICS
ss3 stores your rom on your sdcard so id day boot into your unsafe system uninstall ss3 and install ss 2.11 and it will run much faster. also format your sdcard:)

moccor

Reaction score
ss3 stores your rom on your sdcard so id day boot into your unsafe system uninstall ss3 and install ss 2.11 and it will run much faster. also format your sdcard:)
Well I hoped it was a bad ROM install or some apps being screwy. But I guess it's a combination of me installing a bunch of apps + the OS being installed onto the SD card. I have A LOT of cached processes, does anyone know if that is normal? This is also without a overclock or the speedscript, I wanted to see how it worked 99% stock. The sad thing is, I can't put up with these CM9 ROMs long enough to see if I have the same problem with them lol.

Last edited:

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Mocoor, I've never seen ram usage that high. I've had Eclipse on all four slots without a problem. Use slot 2, wipe it completelyor delete and recreatethe slot and install Eclipse from the beginning. Don't restore any apps using TB or a similar program.

moccor

Reaction score
Mocoor, I've never seen ram usage that high. I've had Eclipse on all four slots without a problem. Use slot 2, wipe it completelyor delete and recreatethe slot and install Eclipse from the beginning. Don't restore any apps using TB or a similar program.
That's exactly what I did. But I didn't use the superscript yet, I just overclocked and flashed the speed script now. I also just disabled a bunch of the default services. And i also didn't restore anything on this fresh second slot. I went 4 days with just stock apps and I only downloaded the Facebook app yesterday

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
BTW, I believe the rom slots are created on the internal sd card, that is why some of us were having the low disk space message.

bofis

Reaction score
- 2 new patches added
- updated inverted google now (thanks to nitro)
- 8mp camera (thanks to nitro)

When you say updated inverted GNow, do you mean this is now a newer version of Now than the previous "v6" patch? Also what changes are present in the 8mp camera? I've been using the MotoHD camera since it let's me set what application it opens photos in when I tap the thumbnail of the previous photo and also allows for me to set volume key as shutter.

ws6formula350

Reaction score
When you say updated inverted GNow, do you mean this is now a newer version of Now than the previous "v6" patch? Also what changes are present in the 8mp camera? I've been using the MotoHD camera since it let's me set what application it opens photos in when I tap the thumbnail of the previous photo and also allows for me to set volume key as shutter.

I didn't notice any performance difference between either patch, I think its the same version, just inverted. Behaved exactly the same for me.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

faded1

Reaction score
What is the difference between the regular and hybrid versions?

faded1

Reaction score
Nevermind, after some thorough reading I found my answer, and for anyone else...hybrid keeps some of the most used bloatware (nfl mobile, my verizon, etc.) The other version does not.

bofis

Reaction score
I didn't notice any performance difference between either patch, I think its the same version, just inverted. Behaved exactly the same for me.

Yeah, seems to be the same as I still get the card saying there's an update available we cannot download...as for the camera, I'm sticking with the HDcam as it has the option to use volume as shutter and opens images directly with default application rather than requiring two clicks to get there like the 8mpCam. But thank you for all the patches and choices, I'm loving inverted Now even without whatever new cards the newer version has.