[ROM] Eclipse ICS for droid 4

aFreakAccident

Reaction score
I can never get this ROM to install. So I tried again today. Did a full wipe in unsafe, root, busybox, switch to safe, wipe, install rom, and I though this time will be different. And it is. This time, I'm stuck at activation because it's stuck in airplane mode. Anyone got any ideas?

Also, I get no Messaging icon, and no ROM settings.

Last edited:

SteeleDoes

Reaction score
To the guy who can't find the governors, I had the same problem. I changed my governors, reboot, and went to change them again and the list was much longer. Don't know if that helps you but it worked for me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am having problems with my gps. It takes forever for it to find a gps signal, and that's with all 3 location services active. Sometimes it doesn't happen, other times it taked 10 to 15 minutes to fix. Any ideas?

Props to myfishbear for creating an awesome rom.

Thanks for any help.

4low4fun

Reaction score
myfishbear said:
re dl the patch and flash it i edited the script
go into settings/app weather and clear data
if its sill happening do that to circles as well
if it still wont go away go into safestrap and under mounts and storage format everything except your sd card and emmc and reinstall

Still didn't work.. oh well. I'm not going to format my partition for a widget.. on another note my phone got better battery life running 1325lv then 1100lv. Odd but true! Lol

Usuallyfaded

Reaction score
So i have been having horrible battery life. The battery stats say its the screen. Is that accurate? It's running about 7 hours with light use 3g. Crazy.. what are you guys getting for battery life?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

kwood129

Reaction score
I am having problems with my gps. It takes forever for it to find a gps signal, and that's with all 3 location services active. Sometimes it doesn't happen, other times it taked 10 to 15 minutes to fix. Any ideas?

Props to myfishbear for creating an awesome rom.

Thanks for any help.

I'm having the very same trouble. I have 2 droid 4's and both are having this same issue. A reboot will speed things up but when you need the gps you usually don't have the time to reboot and wait for the maps to finally come up. The funny thing is that it takes about the same time for the gps to start working as it does to reboot :(

4low4fun

Reaction score
As far as gps goes I have that problem with stock .217. Also had the problem with gingerbread. I think its the hardware not the rom.. this rom is based off of stock .217.
Side note. I had that problem with my stock DROID 2 also..

4low4fun

Reaction score
Usuallyfaded said:
So i have been having horrible battery life. The battery stats say its the screen. Is that accurate? It's running about 7 hours with light use 3g. Crazy.. what are you guys getting for battery life?

Are you running an over clock? Did you do a factory reset/data wipe when you installed?
I was getting about 24 hours with moderate use on 1325oclv. I get about 14 hours with 1100uclv

markdetroit

Reaction score
I love this ROM, I appreciate all the work that's gone into it. That said, I have a couple issues. I miss the REBOOT and SCREENSHOT options in the power off screen. I also miss having a toggle for flashlight in the pulldown notification toggles. My last and only other problem is that I use APEX launcher, have it tweaked just how I want it, but it frequently closes. When I hit HOME, it always asks me to choose between the stock home and APEX, even when I check the box for remembering the preference. Oh, and I miss the ability to have long-pressing the back button force close apps.

I do love the rom, the stability, the oc patches. It's amazing work. I just miss some of these features that I got used to in CM7 on my droid 2 and even Gummy (the far more unstable rom I first put on my D4).

Anychance these features can come to eclipse? If not, it's still an amazing rom and I will cherish it. But I'd be happy to have those other features again. Thanks for all the time and work you've all put into this. I wish I had the skills to help too.

SteeleDoes

Reaction score
Ok so this may not belong here but I know I'll get some help. TinyShark app.... I had it on my phone, formatted everything and reflashed for better batter, now I can't find tinyshark anywhere? Not the downloader. Tinyshark 3.1.5 apk... anybody know where I can find it. It's apparently been removed from google play.

Usuallyfaded

Reaction score
Are you running an over clock? Did you do a factory reset/data wipe when you installed?
I was getting about 24 hours with moderate use on 1325oclv. I get about 14 hours with 1100uclv

Oh yeah, even wiped my unsafe side. Running 1.2.6 1320lv script 4. 3g with background data off and no updating widgets and screen set to lowest setting. Its hard to believe that the screen could be draining at a rate its actually possible to watch the batt level drop... could it be possible my battery stats are screwed up? I could drain completely and fully charge on charge mode, that will calibrate it I believe. I'm home back in wifi so I just turn the mobile data off and I still only get 10 maybe 11 hours. Lame sauce..

4low4fun

Reaction score
Usuallyfaded said:
Oh yeah, even wiped my unsafe side. Running 1.2.6 1320lv script 4. 3g with background data off and no updating widgets and screen set to lowest setting. Its hard to believe that the screen could be draining at a rate its actually possible to watch the batt level drop... could it be possible my battery stats are screwed up? I could drain completely and fully charge on charge mode, that will calibrate it I believe. I'm home back in wifi so I just turn the mobile data off and I still only get 10 maybe 11 hours. Lame sauce..

You can also wipe the battery stats in the advanced menu via safestrap

SteeleDoes

Reaction score
Battery Life for this phone is aweful. I've done everything, the rom helped but it wasn't my complete solution. Just remember the screen uses a ton of battery so keep it turned down. Carry a mophie power pack, buy a car charger and a charger for work. Thank motorolla for the battery that can not be upgraded.

Usuallyfaded

Reaction score
I will check out the battery stats after a full charge. I bought a battery pack and have the lap dock for battery also. Can I buy a replacement battery? I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron and have access to an o-scope. I have already voided my warranty. There has to be a denser battery out there that falls in spec. Time to do some homework!