[TOOLS] DROID RAZR Utility 1.6 [Now Contains 6.12.181 Fastboot files]

bmali22

Reaction score
I agree, sometimes people are agitated with their phone situation and need a quick answer, it may already have been posted but when your phone is messed up it stresses you out and when you aren't thinking clearly you may over read a post. I'm more then happy to help people with questions and don't like to see negativity in threads. It's common over at rootz and i'm glad to see you moderators keep things under control

Section_10

Reaction score
Followed instructions, seemed to go well for the most part.
Just finished with this.

Is there a simple way of checking to see if root took?

Edit: checked with some Root apps, everything is good to go. Only problem was I had to drag the uncompressed files to a C:// before using but everything else was as directed.

Thanks for the hard work. This should help my phone out a lot with the crappy drains from apps I don't even want. I'll keep my eyes on some nice ROMS next.

Last edited:

jfbb43

Reaction score
Followed instructions, seemed to go well for the most part. But at this point it never got to the option to Watch pr0n etc...

Just finished with this.

Is there a simple way of checking to see if root took?

The superuser app should be installed.

That_Guy™

Reaction score
Wasn't trying to flame anyone. It was just meant to be a general observation and show appreciation for the folks here with more patience than me. Sorry if it didn't come across like that. I'll just shut up now.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Wasn't trying to flame anyone. It was just meant to be a general observation and show appreciation for the folks here with more patience than me. Sorry if it didn't come across like that. I'll just shut up now.

No need to "shut up". We want all kinds of input, but there are times when just a slight bit of commentary, perhaps sometimes less carefully worded (and even with the best intentions) can be taken differently than intended. No harm, no foul. We appreciate your participation and respect your opinion. :biggrin: Carry on!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
No, you don't need to be rooted, but the Utility will allow you to root, or not - your choice. As for bootstrap, it's part of the package.

jfbb43

Reaction score
Hi.. New here... I rooted with no problem using the 1.60 version. I froze some apps using AntTek app manager, and uninstalled the app:icon_eek:. When I reinstalled the app the frozen apps were not listed on the frozen screen. I cannot defrost the apps now, or uninstall and restore the backups. Will a factory reset resolve this? If I run option 1 to restore to 6.12.181 will this restore the frozen apps? Will I be at a stock verizon 6.12.181.xt912.verizon.en.US system version and unrooted? I'm having issues with wifi and I want to make sure it is warranty ready. EDIT: My router is the problem no worries here...

Edit 6/2 - Wifi is not an issue with the phone, looks like my router. After reading multiple threads I am almost positive that I can just do a factory restore to get the apps defrosted. Can anyone confirm?

Anybody???:unsure: I'm almost positive the factory restore, or using Matt's util would resolve the problem. I'm just looking for some confirmation before I proceed. I'd hate to find out I was wrong when the phone boots and I really derp'd up.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Anybody???:unsure: I'm almost positive the factory restore, or using Matt's util would resolve the problem. I'm just looking for some confirmation before I proceed. I'd hate to find out I was wrong when the phone boots and I really derp'd up.

The utility should take you back to completely stock and since the apps were frozen and not deleted it should unfreeze them too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

dotcom624

Reaction score
I installed version 8.0 of Stericon's busybox installer on .181 which borked the built in components of busybox that moto had in the stock ROM (it's supposedly fixed now, but after 4 versions in 3 days, I'm going to use jrummy for now). My ROM *was* stock, but is now...sort of modified because of this problem. I would like to get back to .181, stock, rooted. The one thing I can't find is if I use this util to re-install .181 over my current install, if it will delete my /data partition. I know some versions of RSD packages reformatted the /data partition and people lost a lot of stuff. If all else fails, I have the original fastboot/RSD file that I will install and OTA up the chain back to .181. Thanks!

EDIT: Looking at the xml for the .181 fastboot included in the utility, it looks like it deletes userapps and internal storage. So I just went ahead and took it all the way back to original stock, and did the four OTA's. Works great now and "motobox" and "toolbox" are back again. If anyone DOES have an answer if they are truly erased, please respond, though. Thanks!

Last edited:

jfbb43

Reaction score
The utility should take you back to completely stock and since the apps were frozen and not deleted it should unfreeze them too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

Thanks FoxKat!:rating10: Looks like it worked. I wasn't able to figure out how to wipe clean, but it looks like the batch file took care of it. All the bloatware is back, and it looks like Im unrooted. I've seen some new that ICS OTA might be starting June 12th. Will I get the OTA update in my current state?

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Another happy customer of the Batman (Matt L. Groff)! I'd love to know just how many thousands of people's phones he's saved from ultimate demise. I'm sure it's a huge number. :biggrin:

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
FoxKat said:

Fox. My understanding was that fastboot replaced sbf. With that in mind, am I correct in assuming that even if the apps are deleted it will replace them? I thought a fastboot was the entire, complete, "out-of-the-box" image.
Not trying to be argumentative (Lord knows I'd lose any argument with you). Just trying to get clarification. Thanks in advance!

tha rockstar

Reaction score
When i ran tha #1 in fastboot on my PC it went thru alot of settings that said OKAY and then tha phone booted and showed tha Android out of box image wit a yellow meter below it