[TOOLS] DROID RAZR Utility 1.6 [Now Contains 6.12.181 Fastboot files]

cappii

Reaction score
To downgrade to stock .173 use : version 1.51 of this utility linked in the post located here
Once you download, run option 1 and it'll take you to stock .173

Hey. I just wanted to say thank you. The link that you provided, and the program that was there did exactly what I needed it to do. I now have her razr working on 3G. You are officially the man!! Thanks again!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Foxkat, thanks for the reply. I am trying to root my phone (limited experience but was able to root my previous Droid X) I should have reported that I am getting the same result regardless of USB connection type. I don't know if it matters but I am running Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit) on my lap top. Thanks for any help.

Update: I downloaded the program again using Internet Explorer and extracted to its own file on my desktop. Worked perfectly. I AM ROOTED!!!

Well J!~ Congrats! :icon_ banana: Matt's utility has helped unknown thousands, probably tens of thousands, and it just keeps getting better and better.

I am glad it worked out. I don't have 7 on my desktops and haven't actually seen reports of it working with 7, although my guess is it would anyway since it's really a DOS application, not Windows. Still, how its extracted and where is crucial. As for any other reason why it would produce different results on one PC versus another, I can't say for sure. Perhaps someone else can nail it down for the future, but for you, it's a non-issue!

Way to go! :icon_ lala:

ripper2860

Reaction score
Yes, ripper2860, the RAZR and the RAZR MAXX are the identical phone (electronics), and the only differences are the battery and the different case. Both phones use the same Kernel and the same ROM, so ANYTHING that works for a RAZR will also work for a MAXX, except things like car and home docs due to case size differences.

Thanks.

I was a little nervous because I have a friend who had a Maxx and in "Settings|About Phone" section it stated "Razr". She had issues with her phone and contacted Verizon. They pushed out an update to her phone and it then said "Razr Maxx" in the "About Phone" section after the update.

Odiej34

Reaction score
Is there a Mac Version, or will this work with a Mac? At my parents for the weekend and have no choice.
Thanks!

raw57

Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone else with this problem, so it is clearly on my end. When fastbooting, I keep getting the following errors: cannot load 'files/logo.bin' and cannot load 'cdrom' (? on the exact message regarding the cdrom). Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone else with this problem, so it is clearly on my end. When fastbooting, I keep getting the following errors: cannot load 'files/logo.bin' and cannot load 'cdrom' (? on the exact message regarding the cdrom). Any help would be appreciated.
That is normal.

dk6640

Reaction score
OK so i am kind of new to this rooting. I've had a rooted droid X before but i didn't do it all. So can someone here take me thru the step by step process on how to root my droid razr?

Android Version: 2.3.6
System Version: 6.12.181

jasonwuzthere

Reaction score
Settings->Applications->development-> check usb debbuging
Plug phone into computer->select USB menu on phone->select "Charge Only"->unzip download->install motohelper drivers->run utility->press "Enter"->Press 2-> press enter->wait for it to complete (if you touch it, you will brick your phone)->press enter when it says to->watch pr0n

Don't you skip that last step!

bmali22

Reaction score
Just to confirm this works for root on .181 I just got my razr today and don't want to "bugger" it up

Last edited by a moderator:

jfbb43

Reaction score
noob...

Hi.. New here... I rooted with no problem using the 1.60 version. I froze some apps using AntTek app manager, and uninstalled the app:icon_eek:. When I reinstalled the app the frozen apps were not listed on the frozen screen. I cannot defrost the apps now, or uninstall and restore the backups. Will a factory reset resolve this? If I run option 1 to restore to 6.12.181 will this restore the frozen apps? Will I be at a stock verizon 6.12.181.xt912.verizon.en.US system version and unrooted? I'm having issues with wifi and I want to make sure it is warranty ready.

Edit 6/2 - Wifi is not an issue with the phone, looks like my router. After reading multiple threads I am almost positive that I can just do a factory restore to get the apps defrosted. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:

gijoe985

Reaction score
Foxkat, thanks for the reply. I am trying to root my phone (limited experience but was able to root my previous Droid X) I should have reported that I am getting the same result regardless of USB connection type. I don't know if it matters but I am running Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit) on my lap top. Thanks for any help.

Update: I downloaded the program again using Internet Explorer and extracted to its own file on my desktop. Worked perfectly. I AM ROOTED!!!

I am having the same problem. Windows 7 ultimate x64. As soon as I hit "any key" it closes. I have the whole zip extracted to my desktop with no avail. I guess I can try downloading it again, but at 1gb, it is tiresome. Any ideas?

EDIT--------Ok, finally got it. I had to move it to the C drive. Desktop and downloads folder didn't work.

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Folks, lets keep the discussion about the tool and not about other things. I've had to clean up some unnecessary posts.

Thank you.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Not everyone can sit and read through long threads and actually take it all in. Often they are stressed out over their phones and overwhelmed, and are desperate for help. Some come here for the quick answer, and as you noted, most often people on our forum are happy to provide it. Matt L Groff produced his utility with the same overwhelming generosity and provides unparalleled and ongoing support for it, a perfect example of what makes Droid Forums what I and many others believe is the best Android forum on the Web.

There are "other" forums where it's quite common for people to lash out if somene hadn't searched for their answer with the search tool before asking questions, or ask questions that sometimes don't seem to make sense to the more experienced and the moderation teams of those forums sit by and watch it happen.

Let me say here, this is not one of those forums. We frown upon flaming and openly praise those who go the extra mile to help someone. Please try to keep your posts productive and less critical of others.

Thanks.

FoxKat
Droid Forums Staff.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

Last edited: