[TOOLS] Droid RAZR Utility 1.8

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
vL0oM.png

NOTE: This utility is for ICS ROMs ONLY. IF YOU ARE STILL ON GINGERBREAD THIS WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE, YOU NEED TO UPDATE TO ICS FIRST, either via OTA or otherwise.

Droid RAZR Utility 1.8
RoaP5.png

NOTE: IF YOU ARE STILL ON GINGERBREAD THIS WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE, YOU NEED TO UPDATE TO ICS FIRST.

Now includes the latest Motorola USB Drivers (install them before doing anything!) AND RSD Lite 5.7. As well as failsafe batches in a seperate folder if you are getting user-generated issues or computer-generated issues
wink.png

Functions of 1.8:
  • Fastboot Restore 6.16.211 (ICS 4.0.4 Official OTA Software). Put the phone into AP Fastboot mode and run the option. (Power the phone on with holding both volume buttons + power button.)
  • Ice Cream Sandwich Root 4.0.4. This root exploit by the awesome Dan Rosenberg roots our ICS 4.0.4. Have your phone plugged in with USB Debugging enabled and the USB Mode set to MTP or Camera. (If Devices still not found, please factory reset your phone for the root to work, this is of course if installing the drivers did not work).
  • Install Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper App. With the phone booted and on USB Debugging enabled (not USB Mode Mass Storage as well), this will install the app.
  • Install Bootstrap Recovery App (ICS version). With the phone booted and on USB Debugging enabled (not USB Mode Mass Storage as well), this will install the app.
  • Install Safestrap Recovery App (ICS version). With the phone booted and on USB Debugging enabled (not USB Mode Mass Storage as well), this will install the app.
  • Flash 6.16.211 boot img (official kernel). Put the phone into AP Fastboot mode and run the option. (Power the phone on with holding both volume buttons + power button.) [This option is to undo Option 7]
  • Flash 6.16.214 boot.img (leaked kernel). Put the phone into AP Fastboot mode and run the option. (Power the phone on with holding both volume buttons + power button.)
Help! Blah blah is not working!
  • Read the instructions above.
  • Read the readme files in the Utility.
  • Read the 1.7 Help Thread.
  • Go into the chatroom.
  • Post in a help thread.
Download (md5 is: 6972C7F233883784928E53F562E4456A )
  • This version is out-dated. To find 1.82 go here: http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/4654-droid-razr-utility-182-windows-for-verizon-droid-razr-and-droid-razr-maxx-only/

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks Matt. Appreciate you keeping up on it even though you aren't with VZW anymore!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Matt....brother its always a pleasure....thank you very much for your hard work and lord knows, your time...peace
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Downloaded and saved just in case I ever need it. You rock dude ... mad props, and thanks for all your hard work. :hail:dancedroid:hail:

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
And I was just preparing to revert...lol Cool..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

fishaholic

Reaction score
i know this is a lame question but with this i can root a phone that has already had the OTA installed?

and this will work with Razr MAXX?

im a noob to the MAXX but long time messing with android ;)

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i know this is a lame question but with this i can root a phone that has already had the OTA installed?

and this will work with Razr MAXX?

im a noob to the MAXX but long time messing with android ;)
You can root the phone yes... and yes it works on the Maxx.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Once again he takes the confusing and potentially extremely frustrating dead end streets and puts it into a numbered selection...press 1 for solution, 2 for solution, 3 for solution, 4 for...amazing! :hail:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I knew it would no take you long to put out an updated version, thanks again for everything you do!

jsandy

Reaction score
I ran option 7 seemingly successfully. However, when I check my System Version it still says
6.16.211.XT912. Shouldn't it say .214 instead of .211? The phone seems to operate fine, I'm just not sure I am on .214.
If I'm not, any idea where I screwed up?

sk842018

Reaction score
I ran option 7 seemingly successfully. However, when I check my System Version it still says
6.16.211.XT912. Shouldn't it say .214 instead of .211? The phone seems to operate fine, I'm just not sure I am on .214.
If I'm not, any idea where I screwed up?

U just flashed boot img. It'll say 211 but kernalbuild dateshould be the 29th now

jsandy

Reaction score
Thanks, I checked and I did it right (for once on the first try!!!!)

njsges

Reaction score
thanks for this update. is it possible to downgrade back to gingerbread? my gps signal keeps dropping out when the screen times out and is poor with the ics update. would updating to 214 help this at all? again, thanks for your great work!!

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thanks for this update. is it possible to downgrade back to gingerbread? my gps signal keeps dropping out when the screen times out and is poor with the ics update. would updating to 214 help this at all? again, thanks for your great work!!

No you cannot go back to Gingerbread. The bootloaders are different. Someone else posted in another part of the forum that they tried to go back to Gingerbread and they bricked their phone. :)

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Awesome, I'll keep this tucked away if I need it. Nice to know I can easily revert from the leaked kernel if there's ever any reason that is needed.