DROID RAZR Utility 1.7 Failsafe Edition

beperry1

Reaction score
I'm new here...so don't belittle me too much :blink: for this stupid question, but can you unroot (for warranty reasons) with this tool?

themagicm

Reaction score
yea this doesnt work at all.

.211 here OTA.

I installed the drivers from the drivers folder, I have it in MTP mode, I made sure the Maxx is in the Home screen (not off)..waiting for device.

I tried fastboot or whatever that option was.. no go. Tried 2 different laptops.

ANyone got this working?

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I don't see the original 1.7 thread in the hack section... Am I missing vsomething?
It's on droidrzr.com putting it on every single site can get quite troublesome and gets in the way of the things that matter.

It is under CDMA Development there and has a working link to the 211 zip

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Does this utility Unroot 4.0.4?
The only reason to unroot is to return for warranty, which I will not help you warranty fraud... I am against it. Anyway....

Option 2. Boot to Motorola recovery. Wipe Data/Cache. Reinstall 211 from SD card. Done.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
yea this doesnt work at all.

.211 here OTA.

I installed the drivers from the drivers folder, I have it in MTP mode, I made sure the Maxx is in the Home screen (not off)..waiting for device.

I tried fastboot or whatever that option was.. no go. Tried 2 different laptops.

ANyone got this working?

Works fine on my laptop and desktop. Did you extract the contents of the folder right to the root of the C: drive? Also you have USB Debugging and Install from Unknown sources checked?

tygerchylde

Reaction score
I had same problem so here are the steps I did.

1. Downloaded the zip and Unzip all files
2. Downloaded newest version of Motorola Device Manager( windows driver.)
USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA
3. clicked on Runme.bat
4. choose 3 for rooting ICS 4.0.4

Voila, I'm back where I wanted to be. Thanks to all the developer who made this possible.

If you get stuck, follow these steps. I updated to the drivers included in the zip, was stuck at "waiting for device to reboot...", closed utility, used link in step 2 and installed drivers from Motorola, tried again and went off without a hitch. If I wasn't flat broke right now, I would so buy mattlgroff a CASE of beer. Dude, you are amazing! Thank you!!!

Djgnosis

Reaction score
Thank you so much for this - you are very generous!!
:hail:

steveysox

Reaction score
Hey peoples im new to droid i have razr maxx on 4.0.4 im looking to root for over clock im prwtty sure i need option 3 but my question is will this wipe my phones data and is option three correct cause what ive been told is i do option three and then download an app for overclock just looking to confirm thanks

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Hey peoples im new to droid i have razr maxx on 4.0.4 im looking to root for over clock im prwtty sure i need option 3 but my question is will this wipe my phones data and is option three correct cause what ive been told is i do option three and then download an app for overclock just looking to confirm thanks

Yes option 3 will get you rooted, can't speak for overclocking I stay away from that in all forms. I think setCPU is one APP people use alot, if you want to check that out in the play store.

Welcome to the forums by the way, hope you enjoy it here.

MAD31NTA1WAN

Reaction score
Droid Razr Maxx (WAITING FOR DEVICE)

Also known to myself and a few others as the Ugly Edition...

This will stop all the problems with the utility closing after hitting a key at the batman screen, the findstr errors, and the path not specified issues people had.

What I did:

• Removed the /files/ folder setup for this version.
  • Made a separate batch file for EACH of the options, in case the RunMe.bat is still messing up for people.
FAQ:
  • Why did you make a new 1.7 version? Should I upgrade if I have 1.7?
    This version fixes problems people had that are a little hard to explain how to fix. If you have 1.7 you don't need this
    smile.png
  • For any extra help with 1.7 see my 1.7 Help Thread
Download: http://crackflasher.com/dev/mattlgroff/DroidRazrUtility1.7_FailsafeEdition.zip
MD5:
8827C40C561E18E40E3FCFFF4CF63019

Original 1.7 Thread: Droid Razr Utility 1.7 [For Ics And Those Who Want To Go To Ics] - DroidRzr.com

Hey Matt,

First off, thanks for all of your hard work. I realize we all have day jobs and my thanks go out to you for providing your utility free. Alas, PayPal has yet to include a "Donate Case of Favorite Beer" function, but if you provide a link I'll be glad to donate for your time.

This may be a bit long, but I'll go ahead. I am having trouble rooting a Droid Razr MAXX updated to ICS OTA 6.16.211 BEFORE rooting GB. This is my first MAXX as I had 3 separate Droid Razrs replaced by VZW for various issues. On the most recent Razr, I used your 1.6 utility to flash back to factory GB as ICS OTA update would fail while rooted. I then rooted the OTA 6.16.211 update using 1.6. Everything worked fine. When I received the MAXX, today 7/9 BTW, it was stock GB. I updated OTA to ICS 6.16.211 and followed your instructions to a "T". I have also tried installing the included drivers, updating MOTO Device/Driver Manager, turning off WiFi and removing/reinstalling included drivers, moving all files to root of C:/, etc. I read in another forum post that MOTO updated drivers after the release of 1.7 failsafe, causing the "waiting for device issue", though I don't believe it was posted by you. I am curious to know if this is factual, and if you have plans to soon release an update/fix to 1.7 to address this? Again, thanks for all the hard work and for your anticipated reply.

P.S. To all others on this thread, I notice that the last successful root reported using this method was on 7/6. Has anyone been successful since then?

mighkey

Reaction score
I downloaded 1.4-1.7 , trying to root ota ics 4.04. At each try it says specified path cannot be found...any ideas? I have debugging on and not on mass storage. downloaded latest drivers as well
thanks

mighkey

Reaction score
I tried all of those steps, fastboot mode and all, still waiting for device