Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Added droidhive and filefactory download links

rosso

Reaction score
superdave1685 said:
...... I am NOT running it on my phone. Jesus I'm not *that* big of an idiot.

Sorry wasn't trying to insult your inteligence but folks have tried to run it from their phone...

Ross

vronp

Reaction score
Trying to root ICS on Razr Max.

Getting this error after the first reboot: "cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied"

Is this a concern?

vronp

Reaction score
Here is the entire sequence:

Before continuing, ensure USB debugging is enabled, that your
device is in any mode BUT Mass Storage, and your phone is connected via USB.

Press any key to continue . . .
Rebooting (1/3) - Continue once device finishes rebooting
cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied
Rebooting (2/3) - Continue once device finishes rebooting
uid=2000(shell) gid=2000(shell) groups=1003(graphics),1004(input),1007(log),1009
(mount),1011(adb),1015(sdcard_rw),3001(net_bt_admin),3002(net_bt),3003(inet)
If the id is 0 / root then continue, otherwise ctrl+c to cancel and start over

Trying to root ICS on Razr Max.

Getting this error after the first reboot: "cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied"

Is this a concern?

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Here is the entire sequence:

Before continuing, ensure USB debugging is enabled, that your
device is in any mode BUT Mass Storage, and your phone is connected via USB.

Rebooting (1/3) - Continue once device finishes rebooting
cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied
Rebooting (2/3) - Continue once device finishes rebooting
uid=2000(shell) gid=2000(shell) groups=1003(graphics),1004(input),1007(log),1009
(mount),1011(adb),1015(sdcard_rw),3001(net_bt_admin),3002(net_bt),3003(inet)
If the id is 0 / root then continue, otherwise ctrl+c to cancel and start over
What ICS are you rooting? This does not root 4.0.4 ICS leaks directly.

Get Unstuck From Ics(But Not Back To Gb)! [6.14.84/85, 6.16.203/204/206] - DroidRzr.com

josejuan_602

Reaction score
Well I may have to get my feet wet with this awesome looking utility that Matt has blessed us with.
It's Monday night and I haven't seen anything on the OTA yet. Although it has been a while sense I looked.

Many thanks Matt
X/BillyD..

guys would you b so kind to provide me with the link where i can daownload the 1.6 version?? please nd thank you

B

Bakerboy448

See the first post for download links

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jsandy

Reaction score
This is driving me crazy!!!!! Finally got a clean download and extracted the files. When I run the batch file the program opens, and I'm prompted to hit any key to continue. When I do, the window closes. I am connected to my phone, The phone is in "charge only " mode and USB debugging is checked. My Razr Maxx is a week old and is system 6.12.181. I see from this thread that others are having the problem but I don't see a solution. Suggestions? Thanks

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
This is driving me crazy!!!!! Finally got a clean download and extracted the files. When I run the batch file the program opens, and I'm prompted to hit any key to continue. When I do, the window closes. I am connected to my phone, The phone is in "charge only " mode and USB debugging is checked. My Razr Maxx is a week old and is system 6.12.181. I see from this thread that others are having the problem but I don't see a solution. Suggestions? Thanks

What function are you intending to use the utility for? Charge only mode disconnects the USB data communications if I'm not mistaken, so it's no surprise to me at least that it's failing. Try one of the other USB modes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

ripper2860

Reaction score
Is the 6.12.181 "return to stock" Fastboot file compatible with Razr Maxx or just Razr? Any portion of the contined apps/utils NOT for Maxx owners?

Thx!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yes, ripper2860, the RAZR and the RAZR MAXX are the identical phone (electronics), and the only differences are the battery and the different case. Both phones use the same Kernel and the same ROM, so ANYTHING that works for a RAZR will also work for a MAXX, except things like car and home docs due to case size differences.

jsandy

Reaction score
Foxkat, thanks for the reply. I am trying to root my phone (limited experience but was able to root my previous Droid X) I should have reported that I am getting the same result regardless of USB connection type. I don't know if it matters but I am running Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit) on my lap top. Thanks for any help.

Update: I downloaded the program again using Internet Explorer and extracted to its own file on my desktop. Worked perfectly. I AM ROOTED!!!

Last edited: