[TOOLS] DROID RAZR Utility 1.6 [Now Contains 6.12.181 Fastboot files]

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Hacks' started by mattlgroff, May 4, 2012.

1. mattlgroff

mattlgroff Premium Member Premium Member Developer

That is normal.
  2. dk6640

dk6640 New Member

OK so i am kind of new to this rooting. I've had a rooted droid X before but i didn't do it all. So can someone here take me thru the step by step process on how to root my droid razr?

Android Version: 2.3.6
    System Version: 6.12.181
  3. jasonwuzthere

jasonwuzthere Member

Settings->Applications->development-> check usb debbuging
    Plug phone into computer->select USB menu on phone->select "Charge Only"->unzip download->install motohelper drivers->run utility->press "Enter"->Press 2-> press enter->wait for it to complete (if you touch it, you will brick your phone)->press enter when it says to->watch pr0n

Don't you skip that last step!
  4. bmali22

bmali22 New Member

Just to confirm this works for root on .181 I just got my razr today and don't want to "bugger" it up
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2012
  5. Bakerboy448

Bakerboy448 New Member

yes it works on .181
  6. bmali22

bmali22 New Member

Thank you sir
  7. jfbb43

jfbb43 New Member

noob...

Hi.. New here... I rooted with no problem using the 1.60 version. I froze some apps using AntTek app manager, and uninstalled the app:icon_eek:. When I reinstalled the app the frozen apps were not listed on the frozen screen. I cannot defrost the apps now, or uninstall and restore the backups. Will a factory reset resolve this? If I run option 1 to restore to 6.12.181 will this restore the frozen apps? Will I be at a stock verizon 6.12.181.xt912.verizon.en.US system version and unrooted? I'm having issues with wifi and I want to make sure it is warranty ready.

Edit 6/2 - Wifi is not an issue with the phone, looks like my router. After reading multiple threads I am almost positive that I can just do a factory restore to get the apps defrosted. Can anyone confirm?
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  8. gijoe985

gijoe985 New Member

I am having the same problem. Windows 7 ultimate x64. As soon as I hit "any key" it closes. I have the whole zip extracted to my desktop with no avail. I guess I can try downloading it again, but at 1gb, it is tiresome. Any ideas?

EDIT--------Ok, finally got it. I had to move it to the C drive. Desktop and downloads folder didn't work.
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  9. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Folks, lets keep the discussion about the tool and not about other things. I've had to clean up some unnecessary posts.

Thank you.
  10. FoxKat

FoxKat DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Not everyone can sit and read through long threads and actually take it all in. Often they are stressed out over their phones and overwhelmed, and are desperate for help. Some come here for the quick answer, and as you noted, most often people on our forum are happy to provide it. Matt L Groff produced his utility with the same overwhelming generosity and provides unparalleled and ongoing support for it, a perfect example of what makes Droid Forums what I and many others believe is the best Android forum on the Web.

There are "other" forums where it's quite common for people to lash out if somene hadn't searched for their answer with the search tool before asking questions, or ask questions that sometimes don't seem to make sense to the more experienced and the moderation teams of those forums sit by and watch it happen.

Let me say here, this is not one of those forums. We frown upon flaming and openly praise those who go the extra mile to help someone. Please try to keep your posts productive and less critical of others.

Thanks.

FoxKat
    Droid Forums Staff.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  11. bmali22

bmali22 New Member

I agree, sometimes people are agitated with their phone situation and need a quick answer, it may already have been posted but when your phone is messed up it stresses you out and when you aren't thinking clearly you may over read a post. I'm more then happy to help people with questions and don't like to see negativity in threads. It's common over at rootz and i'm glad to see you moderators keep things under control
  12. Section_10

Section_10 New Member

Followed instructions, seemed to go well for the most part.
    Just finished with this.

Is there a simple way of checking to see if root took?

Edit: checked with some Root apps, everything is good to go. Only problem was I had to drag the uncompressed files to a C:// before using but everything else was as directed.

Thanks for the hard work. This should help my phone out a lot with the crappy drains from apps I don't even want. I'll keep my eyes on some nice ROMS next.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  13. jfbb43

jfbb43 New Member

The superuser app should be installed.
  14. That_Guy™

That_Guy™ New Member

Wasn't trying to flame anyone. It was just meant to be a general observation and show appreciation for the folks here with more patience than me. Sorry if it didn't come across like that. I'll just shut up now.
  15. FoxKat

No need to "shut up". We want all kinds of input, but there are times when just a slight bit of commentary, perhaps sometimes less carefully worded (and even with the best intentions) can be taken differently than intended. No harm, no foul. We appreciate your participation and respect your opinion. :biggrin: Carry on!
  16. tha rockstar

tha rockstar Member

Do i need to be rooted before i do this and what is a good bootstrap?
  17. FoxKat

No, you don't need to be rooted, but the Utility will allow you to root, or not - your choice. As for bootstrap, it's part of the package.
  18. tha rockstar

tha rockstar Member

Im downloading all 3 right now of tha 1.6 utility. Ill let u kno if i have any problems
  19. jfbb43

jfbb43 New Member

Anybody???:unsure: I'm almost positive the factory restore, or using Matt's util would resolve the problem. I'm just looking for some confirmation before I proceed. I'd hate to find out I was wrong when the phone boots and I really derp'd up.
  20. FoxKat

The utility should take you back to completely stock and since the apps were frozen and not deleted it should unfreeze them too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.
Search tags for this page
droid razr fastboot files

droid razr utility 1.6

droid razr utility 1.6 download

droid utility 1.6
droidrazrutility 1.6
droidrazrutility1.6 final.zip
matt's droid razr utility
matt's razr utility
matt's razr utility 1.6
matt's utility 1.6
matts utility