[TOOLS] DROID RAZR Utility 1.6 [Now Contains 6.12.181 Fastboot files]

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Fox. My understanding was that fastboot replaced sbf. With that in mind, am I correct in assuming that even if the apps are deleted it will replace them? I thought a fastboot was the entire, complete, "out-of-the-box" image.
Not trying to be argumentative (Lord knows I'd lose any argument with you). Just trying to get clarification. Thanks in advance!

No, I don't take it as argumentative, but I seem to recall someone else in the not too distant past who tried to Fastboot after deleting bloatware, and it wouldn't take. S/he had to get working copies of the bloatware and re-install them first, then Fastboot and it worked. So the explanation I gave above was based on that understanding. If I am wrong, I don't mind being corrected so I don't give out errant information in the future.

And as for "los[ing] any argument with [me]", only if I am 100% sure I'm right (as I was and still am regarding another "known" debate with another member :icon_ devil: - not you, of course - and I think you know which one I'm talking about)

:biggrin:

Last edited:

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
FoxKat said:
No, I don't take it as argumentative, but I seem to recall someone else in the not too distant past who tried to Fastboot after deleting bloatware, and it wouldn't take. S/he had to get working copies of the bloatware and re-install them first, then Fastboot and it worked. So the explanation I gave above was based on that understanding. If I am wrong, I don't mind being corrected so I don't give out errant information in the future.

And as for "los[ing] any argument with [me]", only if I am 100% sure I'm right (as I was and still am regarding another "known" debate with another member :icon_ devil: - not you, of course - and I think you know which one I'm talking about)

:biggrin:

Yeh, I know......but WE all know the only person you lose arguments to is your wife....don't feel bad about that...all happily married men lose those. The winners of arguments with the wife are known as divorcees :)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yeh, I know......but WE all know the only person you lose arguments to is your wife....don't feel bad about that...all happily married men lose those. The winners of arguments with the wife are known as divorcees :)

:rofl3: Yeah, well...not the other "member" I was talking about but clearly that's one match fight :frown: I don't want to win. As you say, you don't stay married for 23 years by "winning" those "debates". :blink:

Thanks for the support! :biggrin:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Why cant it connect to daemon?

I am sorry for going off-topic.

Rockstar, you've been trying desperately to get this working for you and I haven't ignored your attempts at trying to find a solution, but I think you might fare better by spelling out just what you have done so far, and what it is that you are trying to accomplish as a final goal. You've posted many individual questions on several different sub-forums, and have created many threads in just these past few days, but each one isn't getting the attention it deserves, perhaps because you're spreading yourself too thin.

Place all your concerns in one post, stay inside the same thread through the entire process and those who are on the thread will be better able to monitor your progress and identify the faults in it that are causing you such difficulty. I have to say honestly that I too had problems getting the Razr Utility to work properly for me, but once I got past the initial issues I've had nothing but complete success with it and have thanked both the creator, Matt L. Groff for having the foresight and ingenuity to build this tool, and DroidForums.net forum, for making it available and so prominently displayed.

That thread (Droid Razr Utility), has an astounding 61,545 views, so there is a tremendous wealth of informed users on that thread and just like you, a certain number of people who are just trying to figure it out. Matt himself frequents the thread, but he's gained such popularity and such a large following that often questions directed to him are handled quite smartly by others who support him with appreciation and assistance for others.

Make ONE post there, that says what you've done so far, your successes, your failures, and what you are trying to accomplish and let's see if they don't step right in and get you back on track.

Good luck! :biggrin:

Last edited:

hd0120

Reaction score
I have the ICS leak .79 rom in my razr maxx. What do I need to set my phone to since there is no "charge only" option with ICS in order to use the razr utility 1.6 to install the bootstrap recovery app?
Thank you.

John31

Reaction score
I loved :icon_ lala: using 1.4 utility and can't wait to download this and try it.

It works every time and flawlessly.

imhowie

Reaction score
I recently updated to .209 version of ICS and then ran the utility to root my phone and I think something went wrong. I have superuser on my phone now, but superuser just denies access to everything without prompting me if I want to allow it permission. Is there something I can do it get it working? When I ran the root function of the utility, I cleared the cache, like it said to, and then when I started to run it, it said, "failed on '/data/local/tmp' - permission denied
link failed File exists" and when I get to the end, it says the uID is 2000.

Also, when i try and run a root clocksync app, it says root is not enabled.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You did not pay attention to the utility. It says if the uID =/= 0 then you are not root.

You can not directly root 6.16.XXX versions since 4.0.4 doesn't have a root exploit. You must go around this.
If you want root afterwards:
- Turn on your phone and let it boot normally
- Set everything up, and then turn on USB debugging
- Turn off your phone
- Hold VOL DWN + PWR to boot into AP Fastboot mode again
- Open the UnstickICS tool on your computer again
- Install the .85 kernel
- Turn your phone off
- Hold VOL DWN + VOL UP + PWR, then use VOL DWN to navigate to BP Tools, and VOL UP to select it
- Your phone should boot normally.
- Open the Droid Razr Utility 1.6 and select Root ICS.
- Follow the onscreen directions, pressing a button when it finishes rebooting, 3x.
- Turn your phone off again.
- Hold VOL DWN + PWR to boot into AP Fastboot again
- Use UnstickICS to flash the .209 kernel again
- Reboot
You need to do this, because the 4.0.4 kernel is not vulnerable to any root exploits. Going back to a previous kernel (in this case, 4.0.3) will allow you to exploit and obtain root, and then upgrade back to 4.0.4.

If you already have unstuck ICS it can be found here for 209:
http://db.tt/XhLagiMf
(Have to use my DB b/c rombot is down)

imhowie

Reaction score
That worked great! I didn't realize you needed to flash the 4.0.3 kernel when I was doing it. Now I'm rooted again. Thanks!

jfbb43

Reaction score
Thanks FoxKat!:rating10: Looks like it worked. I wasn't able to figure out how to wipe clean, but it looks like the batch file took care of it. All the bloatware is back, and it looks like Im unrooted. I've seen some new that ICS OTA might be starting June 12th. Will I get the OTA update in my current state?

Another user on another forum suggested a factory restore after using Matt's util. Is this necessary?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Another user on another forum suggested a factory restore after using Matt's util. Is this necessary?

Well, in theory no, but in practice it's not any more invasive than the initial Fastboot and gives the phone complete control of the process so I say what can it hurt? If it squeezes out some misplaced bit or file name error, corrects a file allocation table, or some other deep-rooted problem not immediately visible, then it was worth the trouble. If not, it simply gives added feeling of security.

blankemail

Reaction score
can i use razr utility 1.6 to go back to stock .181 from eclipse razr v1.3 ROM?

EDIT** NVM i should have just read the OP more thoroughly...

Last edited:

jfbb43

Reaction score
Well, in theory no, but in practice it's not any more invasive than the initial Fastboot and gives the phone complete control of the process so I say what can it hurt? If it squeezes out some misplaced bit or file name error, corrects a file allocation table, or some other deep-rooted problem not immediately visible, then it was worth the trouble. If not, it simply gives added feeling of security.

Thanks FoxKat. I think I'm just going to let it ride for now. I'll go that route if I don't get the OTA ICS update.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sounds good. Good luck. ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.